Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Guildwars 2 & SweetFX

Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,356Member Uncommon

So after reading about it in the official forums i thought I give it a try; SweetFX.

I just after to say...its azming!!!!

Heres some screens i took with SweetFX on, the colors, the details, everything of the game just POPs out!!! Amzing!!!

Comments

• ThorkuneThorkune Eastern, KYPosts: 1,828Member Uncommon
    That is some sweet looking armor. What class is that character?
  • Kuro1nKuro1n GothenburgPosts: 771Member

My guess is... mesmer. :p

Originally posted by Kuro1n

That was my first guess, but I saw the skulls on the shoulder and thought it may be necro

Is that eyecover mesmer? I never play female toons, so I wouldn't know.

• kartoolkartool Hamilton, ONPosts: 472Member Uncommon
    I installed it about a week ago and was amazed and how washed out  and faded the game looks without it.
  • QSatuQSatu WarsawPosts: 1,735Member Uncommon
    I love it too. I can't turn it off anymore. the game looses so much detail without it for me. With this program game looks better on medium than ANet's own promotional screenshots.
    Originally posted by bigsmiff

That was my first guess, but I saw the skulls on the shoulder and thought it may be necro

Necro can't use greatsword. :p

But damn that is gorgeuos, I want some more screenshots for my art folder please OP. <3

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter BristolPosts: 2,801Member Uncommon

Seems like a ranger actually or a mesmer.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM ZagrebPosts: 1,788Member
    Did you leave default SweetFX setting or did you change something?
  • Tonin109Tonin109 ??, CAPosts: 201Member

its a mesmer , the "eyecover" can be wear by light armor only and so far the only class that can use 2hand sword is mesmer

• XerithXerith Richardson, TXPosts: 970Member

It's a mesmer. 

Armor is - 

Head and chest = Berserker's (or whatever stats you want) Acolyte's exotic light set - world completion reward for level 70-80 zone, pick it up on the AH for ~50 silver

Shoulders were a mad kings event special skin

Legs are the level 80 exotic crafted set

Gloves I'm not sure, boots can't see. 

Sword is the Jotun greatsword, karma reward. 

Necro can't use greatsword. :p

But damn that is gorgeuos, I want some more screenshots for my art folder please OP. <3

I quit the game, so I didn't get that into it. But...that armor is really nice.

Originally posted by Xerith

It's a mesmer. 

Armor is - 

Head and chest = Berserker's (or whatever stats you want) Acolyte's exotic light set - world completion reward for level 70-80 zone, pick it up on the AH for ~50 silver

I wish there was such pretty armors for medium, the shoulders were extremely cool imo.

• sodade21sodade21 athensPosts: 341Member Uncommon

i use it as well.. and there are some cool settings you can play with and make it perfect !

The only con is that its not compatible with Xfire in game... 

• FringeFanBoiFringeFanBoi Myrtle Beach, SCPosts: 32Member
    That looks amazing! My only question is can you get in trouble using it? I def wanna try it if its allowed
  • ZzadZzad Palma de MallorcaPosts: 1,332Member Uncommon

I´m using it myself...and let me tell you...there is no way back!  ;D

Game looks A LOT better with it!

OP It would be nice if you could share your configuration! It looks pretty sweet in your pics!

TY

Some of my pics using Sweet FX

imageimageimageimage             GW2      image

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter BristolPosts: 2,801Member Uncommon

It's a mesmer. 

Armor is - 

I wish there was such pretty armors for medium, the shoulders were extremely cool imo.

Those shoulders exist for medium armor.

There are 3 halloween shoulder skins - deathly (the one in the picture), deathly avian and deathly bull - and there are light, medium and heavy variants.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• ZzadZzad Palma de MallorcaPosts: 1,332Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by FringeFanBoi
    That looks amazing! My only question is can you get in trouble using it? I def wanna try it if its allowed

Arenanet said that they weren´t able to review to approve or not all addons but that some of them would be forbidden if they changed in any way the gameplay.

You can check their official statement on this matter here:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Policy-Third-Party-Programs/first#post354869

In this case this mod does not modify in any way any Game file or gameplay,so should be allowed. It´s an "injector" for directx ....like using a photoshop filter at the outcoming image from the game.

It´s been used in other games without getting banned for it and so far i have heard of no one banned for this reason.

I bet they are aware of the using of this mod on the game...and i bet they would alert on their forums of its illegality if that was the case before banning anyone for using this kind (and popular) graphic mod. They allowed this kind of mod in GW1 too.

But as usual.....use it at your own risk ;)

Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

It's a mesmer. 

Armor is - 

Those shoulders exist for medium armor.

There are 3 halloween shoulder skins - deathly (the one in the picture), deathly avian and deathly bull - and there are light, medium and heavy variants.

Thanks, just went on to buy them. Doesn't look to good on my current armor though so I'll just save them until I have some better I guess. :p

• KhebelnKhebeln BelfastPosts: 671Member Uncommon
    Anyone here managed to run SweetFx with Rift ? It works fine with other games but for some reason crashes with rift. And i know for a fact it should work fine as i seen ppl showing screenshots from the game.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2

• Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,356Member Uncommon

Really if you dont have SweetFX, you needa get it. But be warned, once you use... your not gonna want to go back because with the right settings the game is 1000x more beautiful and best of all it doesnt hurt performance. Heres a few more screens from earlier today with my pants changed and into the cold norn area.... :p For those that wanna try the settings im using, feel free to PM and ill send you it.

imageimage

Can you pls send me your settings?

EDIT: Thanks got it!

• Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Dixon, ILPosts: 175Member
    I'd like your settings too please. 
  • Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Dixon, ILPosts: 175Member
    One other question.  I heard this won't work with 64bit versions of games.  Is that true? 

I think it won't.

BTW, I love your settings, mine were rather odd. Will use SweetFX always now, zero performance loss.

• Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,356Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Cosmonaut79
    One other question.  I heard this won't work with 64bit versions of games.  Is that true? 

GW2 is a 32bit applicationimage Doesn’t matter if you install it on a x64 OS, if the executable is 32 bit then it runs as a 32bit software. But you do have to run it as administrator for it to work, otherwise your client crashes.