Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 ' s Sales

Orange_ZOrange_Z Member Posts: 31

Hi Guys ! 

Recently NcSoft published a very interesting information about global sales for 3Q 2012. 

Here we can see that GW2 topped even the Blade and Soul ! If you dont know They sold 5million copies of BnS and the game is more popular in Korea, than WoW. 

Then we can look at European Charts, where GW2 is 3d in "PC games". For example, World of WarCraft is just 6th. 

So, really, guys, I want to say that GW2 is the most popular game of 2012 and sold more than 5million copies. What do you think about it ?)

Here's official information http://bns.plaync.com/letter/article/2395978

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

lol no.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

You mean most popular MMO not game though(If I'm correct).

Any way, this is interesting but this might not be accurate(I'm just saying). Possible though.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• AvisonAvison Member Posts: 350
    Sales doesn't directly correlate popularity.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Avison
    Sales doesn't directly correlate popularity.

without sub fees to track, thats all we got for gw2.

Still, 5 mil is pretty nice.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• Orange_ZOrange_Z Member Posts: 31
    [mod edit]
  • jackwu10jackwu10 Member Posts: 127

this chart shows B & S is going strong.. i cant wait.. cant wait... give me B&S....

Originally posted by Foomerang

lol no.

Why do you think so ?) Simply I can answer your post "NO" right now ) 

So, if you really wanna see something ...

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/archive/index_test.jsp&ct=110022&arch=t&lyr=2012&year=2012&week=44

And, guys, anybody knows something about American Charts ? 

Originally posted by jackwu10

this chart shows B & S is going strong.. i cant wait.. cant wait... give me B&S....

Yes, BnS is an Awesome game ! But just in Korea (crying) 

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185
    [mod edit]
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Sales =/= Copies sold. Keep in mind it includes things like subscriptions or for GW2 it would be Cash Shop. Keep in mind as well that Blade and Soul was only released locally, so in that consideration it did far better then GW2 due to not having been released else where (only in Korea and China).
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    [mod edit]

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
    [mod edit]
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

[mod edit]
    [mod edit]
  • CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    [mod edit]
    [mod edit]

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    [mod edit]
    [mod edit]

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438

People debating whether I was sarcastic or not shows me how deep the fanboyism in this forum runs. Please enlighten me: What is a better way to know GW2's population since Anet doesn't show the exact number of players? (they hide it with "high", "medium" etc which track offline players too and their real values could be changed without the players ever knowing).

Also Zylaxx why the hell are you still defending an MMO that you got bored with after only 2 (TWO!) months?! I will never understand it. If an MMO doesn't last for at least 1-2 years for me why would I ever regard it as good or even average?

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

Originally posted by boxsnd

People debating whether I was sarcastic or not shows me how deep the fanboyism in this forum runs. Please enlighten me: What is a better way to know GW2's population since Anet doesn't show the exact number of players? (they hide it with "high", "medium" etc which track offline players too and their real values could be changed without the players ever knowing).

Also Zylaxx why the hell are you still defending an MMO that you got bored with after only 2 (TWO!) months?! I will never understand it. If an MMO doesn't last for at least 1-2 years for me why would I ever regard it as good or even average?

So, You didnt joke... 

Why do you tell us are we borring or not ? Why do you think the game is boring for everybody if just you think so ? Rediculusly. isn't it ? 

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    whoa, 5mill? this game is killing it. i was thinking 3mill by now. by december, when all the e-sports stuff is out and bugs are ironed out, this game is gonna explode again. currently, more than HALF of the American servers are full! expect just about every server to fill up on the 15th....they better increase capacity. 
  • umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by boxsnd

nope, does not track offline players. where are you getting this from? it fluctuates all the time, i.e. some servers will be full at primetime, then drop to high later in the day. 

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

• samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Originally posted by Orange_Z

Here we can see that GW2 topped even the Blade and Soul ! If you dont know They sold 5million copies of BnS and the game is more popular in Korea, than WoW. 

Ooo a game released worldwide topped in sales (by a little margin, btw) a title that is live only in one country! What a surprise!

Up Next: What does it mean to be "big in japan"? Stay tuned for more shocking revelations

This discussion has been closed.