Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Elder Scrolls huh?

sirachmansirachman Lenexa, KSPosts: 8Member

Elder Scrolls huh?

This game is class based, Elder Scrolls is skill based.

This game is theme park, Elder Scrolls is open-world sandbox.

This game is based on new age restricted mmos, Elder Scrolls was based on living worlds and your freedom to interact with them.

"Once you hit level 50, the game opens up." This is enough evidence to show that this is yet another 'race to max level and do factional pvp and raids' mmo in the style of the numerous mmos that have tried to emulate the WoW formula.

No mention of crafting, player owned property, economy, or anything remotely interesting to me. Barely any similarity to the style of game the Elder Scrolls has always been. Instead just another attempt to make a WoW clone with better graphics.

Staying far from this one!

Comments

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Cleveland, TNPosts: 377Member Uncommon

TES Online will fail faster and harder then any other mmo and that includes SW:ToR

really shocked the dev's and publisher don't care.... you know they are banking on the money from box sales and digital sales to make money and the sheep will eat it up

wish we had EQ3 or AA... sandbox, open world player driven content

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS
    Playing: Sims 4, Diablo3, TSW & LoTRO
    Waiting on: Everquest Next, BlackDesert, Camelot Unchained & Pathfinder Online!
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• muffins89muffins89 Yakima, WAPosts: 1,306Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by sirachman

"Once you hit level 50, the game opens up." This is enough evidence to show that this is yet another 'race to max level and do factional pvp and raids' mmo in the style of the numerous mmos that have tried to emulate the WoW formula.

im actually glad he said that.  means they are focusing on things for us to do.  a large of amount of players will always race to max level.  having something to do when they get there will im sure be a welcomed change.

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

• snapfusionsnapfusion San, CAPosts: 954Member
    Originally posted by NeVeRLiFt

TES Online will fail faster and harder then any other mmo and that includes SW:ToR

really shocked the dev's and publisher don't care.... you know they are banking on the money from box sales and digital sales to make money and the sheep will eat it up

wish we had EQ3 or AA... sandbox, open world player driven content

Judging by the list of games youve played and obviously abandon your one of those no game is good enough for me guys except for the ones that you know little about or that havent shipped.

In other words somewhere along the line you forgot how to have fun and its "everyone elses" fault.  Hopefully you find your way again.  Good luck.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member

Originally posted by sirachman
    Elder Scrolls huh?This game is class based, Elder Scrolls is skill based.
    Elder Scrolls (at least Morrowind and Oblivion), besides Skyrim, HAD classes.

This game is theme park, Elder Scrolls is open-world sandbox.
    What do you think made Elder Scrolls a "sandbox"? I really never got that sandboxy feeling.

This game is based on new age restricted mmos, Elder Scrolls was based on living worlds and your freedom to interact with them.
    This I could not agree with more. No mention of a living breathing world anywhere.

It is sure sounding that way, isn't it?

No mention of crafting, player owned property, economy, or anything remotely interesting to me. Barely any similarity to the style of game the Elder Scrolls has always been. Instead just another attempt to make a WoW clone with better graphics.
    But did you see all the action combat they showed us?!? What more is there?
    /sarcasm

Staying far from this one!
    I'm watching this one, but not expecting much "Elder Scrolly..."

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR