Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQNext page?

xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

How is it that Greed mongers has its own forums on mmorpg but eqnext is still without?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/category/940

Someone is droping the ball at mmorpg.com

Comments

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261
    Gotta admit there are some silly , obscure , dead , borderline even mmo's that have forums and leaving out something like EQNext still having at least it's own general forum doesn't realy make sense to me either.
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Because there's no real news for EQNext except that Smed has promised a massive old-school sandbox, which isn't worth much considering the source...
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Yes this Game needs a forum. Be on the leading edge here MMORPG.com !!

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Dahkot72
    Gotta admit there are some silly , obscure , dead , borderline even mmo's that have forums and leaving out something like EQNext still having at least it's own general forum doesn't realy make sense to me either.

At the first mention of EQNext there should have been boards on this site set up for the games dissussion. I dont get it.

Originally posted by skeaser
    Because there's no real news for EQNext except that Smed has promised a massive old-school sandbox, which isn't worth much considering the source...

Its still news and warrents a structured place to disscuss EQNext topics. Not random pup topics.

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    what is there to discuss.  maybe what you hope it will be?
    Originally posted by st4t1ck

Sure why not. At least with a structured forum for EQNext in place, those that want to talk about it would have a place to do so.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

main problem is that you can fill in next to non of the informations other games have on this forum, there is no pictures at all, when talking about greed monger, atleast they had a couple of ingame models to show, just a silly thing as the header picture what would you put there, SOE havent released any sort of cover art for EQ3.

imo there shouldnt be a sub forum yet, as only really non informed speculations is going on atm about this game - am looking much forward to EQ3, but am an EQ2 playere, who wish to have a reboot of this game..

also you shouldnt make a post like this OP, should be posted in the suggestion part of the forum

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Drakensang online doesn't have one either. Strange considering they run ads for the game.
    Originally posted by Hedeon

main problem is that you can fill in next to non of the informations other games have on this forum, there is no pictures at all, when talking about greed monger, atleast they had a couple of ingame models to show, just a silly thing as the header picture what would you put there, SOE havent released any sort of cover art for EQ3.

imo there shouldnt be a sub forum yet, as only really non informed speculations is going on atm about this game - am looking much forward to EQ3, but am an EQ2 playere, who wish to have a reboot of this game..

also you shouldnt make a post like this OP, should be posted in the suggestion part of the forum

Just need a bit of clarification: So you are anticipating EQNext, or you wish it would have been a reboot of EQ2?

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by st4t1ck

Sure why not. At least with a structured forum for EQNext in place, those that want to talk about it would have a place to do so.

I'm not against it, and if people want it, to discuss then im all for it. i just dont see whats to discuss besides a lot of "i wish its like"

Originally posted by ignore_me
    Originally posted by Hedeon

Just need a bit of clarification: So you are anticipating EQNext, or you wish it would have been a reboot of EQ2?

I cant tell what hes thinking. But as far as "art" goes, This took me 5 secs to find with a quick google search. Now i know what your ganna say. " this is consept art. Not ingame imagas"" Its still something that could be used for the forum tag.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    I don't see a Project Gorgon forum either, and that's in open alpha.
  • QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Have they published screenshots from the game engine? If not, thats one of the requirements to have a page here IIRC.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I say SOE starts a Kickstarter for EQNext!

Everyone has the option to contribute $1 and gain the ability to post on a new MMORPG EQNext forum page! MMORPG gains the right to review the game first and give it a 9.0 despite it possibly being a huge pile of shit. Also you get a "Themeparks are for Noobs!" stick on tattoo.

The only other option is $25,000 and a secret meeting with John Smedley who gets to ask your opinion on how he can pull this game off without screwing it up like every other game he has come in contact with.

You stay sassy!

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Maybe it will get a page when it actually announces it's name...

Originally posted by Quirhid
    Have they published screenshots from the game engine? If not, thats one of the requirements to have a page here IIRC.

I didnt mmorpg had requirements for such a thing. Is there a page with a list of these requirements? would like to know what they are.

Originally posted by Tamanous

I say SOE starts a Kickstarter for EQNext!

Everyone has the option to contribute $1 and gain the ability to post on a new MMORPG EQNext forum page! MMORPG gains the right to review the game first and give it a 9.0 despite it possibly being a huge pile of shit. Also you get a "Themeparks are for Noobs!" stick on tattoo.

The only other option is $25,000 and a secret meeting with John Smedley who gets to ask your opinion on how he can pull this game off without screwing it up like every other game he has come in contact with.

i had to wash the hate out of my eyes after reading this post lol.

I didnt mmorpg had requirements for such a thing. Is there a page with a list of these requirements? would like to know what they are.

I believe an actual screenshot of a character from EQNext was actually shown at a demonstration of their engine. It may litteraly be only one screenshot though ... but we all know the engine so bring on EQNext general forums!!

You stay sassy!

Originally posted by Vesavius

Maybe it will get a page when it actually announces it's name...

wasent aware that EQNext was a placeholder name. Perhaps if mmorpg would of had a forum set up for eqnext, then someone might have posted that little tid-bit =)

I believe an actual screenshot of a character from EQNext was actually shown at a demonstration of their engine. It may litteraly be only one screenshot though ... but we all know the engine so bring on EQNext general forums!!

here here!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    There is a long list of games that SOE has worked on and dropped.  All Smed has said is that the scrapped what they had for the game and started over.   Not much to talk about until we get some specifics from SOE.  There is a good chance the game will never see the light of day to start with.
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    There is a long list of games that SOE has worked on and dropped.  All Smed has said is that the scrapped what they had for the game and started over.   Not much to talk about until we get some specifics from SOE.  There is a good chance the game will never see the light of day to start with.

Seeing how it is their biggest and longest running mmo IP I would think "a good chance" is likely reduced to merely "chance".

You stay sassy!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Seeing how it is their biggest and longest running mmo IP I would think "a good chance" is likely reduced to merely "chance".

Look at Sony's financials, they are in dire straits.  Chances of SOE continuing to be around next year are not good.  My guess is someone might buy them, but this will probably deep six EQNext if not postpone it indefinitely.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/11/sonys-financial-rating-falls-to-just-above-junk

The chances of this game making it to production at this time are not very good at all.

Look at Sony's financials, they are in dire straits.  Chances of SOE continuing to be around next year are not good.  My guess is someone might buy them, but this will probably deep six EQNext if not postpone it indefinitely.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/11/sonys-financial-rating-falls-to-just-above-junk

The chances of this game making it to production at this time are not very good at all.

I hope this guy is wrong, but if no EQNext, there are other sandboxy things on the horizon.