Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I feel I got my money's worth...

PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

the game was definitely worth the $60 box price. However, this is a single player RPG with PvP added in as a bonus. Nothing driving me to log on anymore. No more progression. WvW is dead as hell, no que's in over a month now which tells me the game is dying hard and fast. Biggest zerg I have see has been about 20 people. I've been on 4 different FULL servers.

I hate to say it. I really really do hate to say it, but I now agree with some of the haters. This is not a very good MMORPG. It's just a decent little 2 month game. I feel pretty disappointed right now because I expected so much more, but I do feel like I got my money's worth and would highly recommend anyone buy it for a play through.

Have fun and see you in TESO/Archeage.

I'm about to just re-sub to The Realm Online if I can't find a game to keep me around.

Comments

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

the game was definitely worth the $60 box price. However, this is a single player RPG with PvP added in as a bonus. Nothing driving me to log on anymore. No more progression. WvW is dead as hell, no que's in over a month now which tells me the game is dying hard and fast. Biggest zerg I have see has been about 20 people. I've been on 4 different FULL servers.

I hate to say it. I really really do hate to say it, but I now agree with some of the haters. This is not a very good MMORPG. It's just a decent little 2 month game. I feel pretty disappointed right now because I expected so much more, but I do feel like I got my money's worth and would highly recommend anyone buy it for a play through.

I'm about to just re-sub to The Realm Online if I can't find a game to keep me around.

Problem right there....labeling people with different views as haters.

Can't everyone just calm down a bit so we can discuss these games like adults instead of all the name-calling back and forth?

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

If you feel you got your money's worth, that's good enough for me.

60 bucks for 800 hours of fun really works for my empty pockets. (at 789 now, so more than 800 likely :D)

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165

I'm actually heading to Microcenter tommorrow to pick up an ASRock mobo and and i5 so I can play this all winter. My 660ti is bottlenecked by my horse beat 965be. Funny all the different perspectives. I can't WAIT to play with a new machine. I also don't rush through mmo's. Highest character is 53. 185 hours in across a char's. That feels like a lot when I consider time with my spouse, job and real life. Ok, maybe BL2 stole some of that time ;) But 800 hours? Dang...that's gonna take me a WHILE.

Just moved to Tarnished Coast for an even more chill, laid back atmosphere and crowd.  

Also excited about the new content coming out next week and Anets commitment to providing new content on a regular basis free of cost. Guess I play these games a bit differently, mostly solo. Maybe that's why I am absolutely LoViNg it. I actually have to force myself not to get on some nights because I won't ever go to sleep.

60 bucks seems like nothin for this experience.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

This should be in the reviews and impressions right?

Yea it is worth the 60 dollars as well.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    was worth the 60 dollars for me.  but not a long term solution to my mmo needs (wants).  i think they missed out on an oppurtunity.  game released at the perfect time,  with people wanting something different and new.  but it missed on some key components (at least for me) to make it a long term,  king of the hill type game.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

To me its still the best game since WoW...

But then the game aims at casuall players.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by Toxia

60 bucks for 800 hours of fun really works for my empty pockets. (at 789 now, so more than 800 likely :D)

Wow, that's like an average of 9+ hours per day since the game released.  How are you not bored yet?

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by killion81
    Originally posted by Toxia

Wow, that's like an average of 9+ hours per day since the game released.  How are you not bored yet?

Well, i wont say all my time is spent doing things in game, sometimes its just a running while i watch t.v. or take care of the baby. but yeah, stay at home dad, so lotsa time.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

You know 20 people are called raids in most games.

8 or 9 people on this SS alone with more behind during this meta event - this was the spearhead created by my push to get the SP.

Pictures from this week, wednesday and thursday. The time you see on the SS is GMT (Basically Portugal and UK with the rest of Europe being +1 hour or more).

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

Bought the game as soon as it game out. I have one toon that is level 22. Just disappointed in the lack of customization, challenge, and depth.

Sure, you can claim I should stick it out, but I don't play games to be bored and hope at some later time its fun.

• donjuanagaindonjuanagain Member UncommonPosts: 135

I hated I spent the money to buy this game. I think it ended up costing me $60 to do the head start and all of that business. I let a friend talk me in to it at the last minute and I would love to kick him in the junk for it. I played all of a month maybe and was tired of it. The game is good but it just wasnt for me. I have no idea what I want from a game anymore really.