Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Dev Journal] The Secret World: The Albion Theatre

2»

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

This actually sounds great!  I'll be looking forward to seeing how this works out.

MMOs need more of these types of systems.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66
    If they put in housing, with features, I would come back to the game.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Seriously TSW is the best MMORPG on the market right now.  Great thinking coming from and I hope this game survives long enough for them to make the game into a popular open ended and story driven experience.
  • ZikariZikari Member Posts: 78
    Good stuff yet again, looking forward to some great shows. This won't draw the masses to the game, but I like the direction Funcom is heading and making sure no interest group is left behind...
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    It is looking up, I stand by my possition of not joining at launch and waiting for some updates. Thats not rocket science in a industry that has released every MMO too early since Lotro. 
  • larrypsylarrypsy Member UncommonPosts: 34

Sounds great - I only wish the developers considered the casual player when they designed this game - too overwhelming with skills, abilities, weapons, etc.....

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by larrypsy

Sounds great - I only wish the developers considered the casual player when they designed this game - too overwhelming with skills, abilities, weapons, etc.....

Good timing!  Patch 1.4 is coming out with starter decks that will make the ability wheel a bit easier.

Originally posted by Scot
    It is looking up, I stand by my possition of not joining at launch and waiting for some updates. Thats not rocket science in a industry that has released every MMO too early since Lotro. 

Yeah, it's not a bad strategy necessarily to wait a little time to work out the kinks.  The new zone (Tokyo) is coming out I think in January.  New raid, missions and many PvP fixes in this next patch as well, not to mention The Albion Theater for RPers (and spectators.)

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

Originally posted by Ortwig
    Originally posted by larrypsy Sounds great - I only wish the developers considered the casual player when they designed this game - too overwhelming with skills, abilities, weapons, etc.....
    Good timing!  Patch 1.4 is coming out with starter decks that will make the ability wheel a bit easier.

didn't the game already have starter decks? are they fixing combat too?

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

Originally posted by Kenze

Originally posted by Ortwig

Originally posted by larrypsy Sounds great - I only wish the developers considered the casual player when they designed this game - too overwhelming with skills, abilities, weapons, etc.....
    didn't the game already have starter decks? are they fixing combat too?

They've made introductory decks that make it much easier for new players.  See:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=60952

Not sure what you mean by "fixing combat."  Animations?  Abilities?  PvP?  Animations were improved over beta, and are an ongoing work in progress, but if you mean some core mechanic, let me know what you mean.

• larrypsylarrypsy Member UncommonPosts: 34

I'm talking really CASUAL....

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378
    Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L
    Seriously TSW is the best MMORPG on the market right now.  Great thinking coming from and I hope this game survives long enough for them to make the game into a popular open ended and story driven experience.

Totally agree.  So many things from Dev communication to gfx, out of the box thinking and the detail in Lore like this make TSW very special

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• auz10auz10 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by larrypsy

I'm talking really CASUAL....

So you want the game to be simplistic. That doesn't sound very fun.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    This is amazing!! I really can´t wait for 1.4 !

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Foomerang
    This is great! Im glad they didnt tag a bunch of achievements and point systems to it. Just let the community do its thing.  I'll drop 15 bucks to check it out when it goes live.

They'd best be careful, giving roleplayers more than lip-service is a dangerous precedent for mmo companies.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Giving anyone but the lowest common denominator more than lip service is dangerous for the whole gaming industry. :)
  • ChtugaChtuga Member UncommonPosts: 116

I hope to see some great artists play around and make something here :-)

Might I suggest a feature: when you enter the theater, you can select from all servers and thus be able to jump to the theater you want to watch? Maybe even the artists can name it, and possibly set a time for a play?

I would love to see a steady weekly show each friday/saturday