Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Im looking for a mmorpg with tournaments between guilds

OkarinOkarin CPosts: 2Member
Hi all, I am looking for a mmorpg that has the following qualities (or as close to them). I would really appreciate it if you can guide me in my search:

Wanted to play an mmorpg with formal confrontations between guilds. Eg a monthly tournament between guilds where there is a champion, or classification zones to pass new stages to confrontations between guilds, or something like that. I hope I make myself understood.

Thank you very much!

Comments

• samvenicesamvenice BarcelonaPosts: 96Member

Guild Wars 1 best fits what you are looking for, hands down, like literally 100% of what you mention is there.

Stretching a bit, Tera also have guild warfare that could lead to ruling entire provinces (but the guild has to pve a lot to maintain the services open for players, and charge taxes for those services), or just normal random guild vs guild warfare.

Recently enmasse (no clue about tera eu) organized official tournament with brackets in the battleground. There's no "guild allegiance" restriction, so technically can be teams of mixed guilds or team consisting of a specific guild only.

This just in terms of mechanics you are looking for. How things are in terms of active players population.. you have to see for yourself. Both games offer free trials.

Maybe there are more? enjoy :)

• KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 19,980Member Uncommon

EVE.

Annual Alliance tournaments plus outside contests like the 10K New Eden Open coming up soon.

http://community.eveonline.com/en/tournament/

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/05/eve-online-readies-10-000-tournament/

and don't forget player sponsored contests like the infamous "Hulkageddon"

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=102315

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cybertruckercybertrucker Pensacola, FLPosts: 1,119Member

Well TERA offers guild wars.. It also has Guilds battle for leadership (vanarch) of the realms. Open PVP as well, if the Vanarch allows it in his realm.  And some of the best dungeons you will ever see for PVE. True Action Combat is awesome.

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Prince Albert, SKPosts: 94Member
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

Well TERA offers guild wars.. It also has Guilds battle for leadership (vanarch) of the realms. Open PVP as well, if the Vanarch allows it in his realm.  And some of the best dungeons you will ever see for PVE. True Action Combat is awesome.

isnt this game dying more n more by the hr?

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Privacy Preferred, NCPosts: 1,059Member
    Originally posted by Arcondo87
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

isnt this game dying more n more by the hr?

What's your point? I mean dude, thats true of "most every" MMORPG on the net these days...

• cybertruckercybertrucker Pensacola, FLPosts: 1,119Member
    Actually No the community in TERA seems very healthy actually...I would not say its dieing Maybe in EU. But North America servers are fine. PVP servers are definately the better servers to log into.
  • OkarinOkarin CPosts: 2Member

Thanks for all the answers. 

Are there players in guild wars 1 yet?

• Not_KhaerosNot_Khaeros Monroe, NYPosts: 31Member

Guild Wars 1 had the mATs, closest thing to what you'd want.  I wouldn't bother, though - after I got first in a mAT, the game went to shit.

Guild Wars 2 has something similar.  You have to participate in some single elimination tournaments before you can join the monthly tournaments.  But if you win one of those, you can go to the yearly.  Teams are 5v5, so you might have to split your guild up.  There's no 'official' guild restrictions, your group can be a PUG for all that the game cares, but it still rewards some deep coordination.