Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously... wtf is wrong with AV...

bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195

I decided to get back into Darkfall to enjoy the free time while waiting for DFUW. But since I was on EU, I decideed to transfer to the US... What a fucking mistake tihs was...

Right now,  my EU accoutn is still active but ym NA account is not. They transfered ym character but not the account status.. So I summit a ticket to get the account activated.. 3day of waiting, they ask me for last4  digit name adresse ect. I give them.. 2day later, I get another email saying to send a Bank paper, a fax with ID card with photo, last 4 digit ect... so they can verify that I'm the owner..

Really? what the fuck is going on?

Comments

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Theyre fucking with you
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    seems to be standard practice these days for most MMO companies..
  • SpikeXSpikeX Member UncommonPosts: 76

I had the same thing happen over a year ago except the situation was a bit different.  I had lost my password and I just wanted to cancel my account.  I hadn't played the account for 3+ months so it was sitting inactive.  They requested information after information.  The last straw was when they requested a copy of my utility bill.  I ended up calling my bank and getting the number on my credit card changed.  Cost me $10 but it was better than dealing with AV customer support.  

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that experience.  However, if DFUW delivers I probably will still buy it.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Either the support guy is being sloppy and forgot to ask all the questions at once, or theres different support folks handling each of your responces. Either way they seem to be asking for an awful lot of info regarding your ID, perhaps their system isnt optimized for recovery issues.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    They are just testing you to see if you're stern enough to play Darkfall.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602

and if you pass all the question you receive the following message:

[QUOTE]

Greetings,

We have restored your character called "Banana Phone".

Please keep in mind that we might not always be able to restore a deleted character and that your account may be under observation for 3rd party programs during a restoration request.

Thank you,
    Darkfall Support

[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is, I did not ask to get my character restored, I simply ask to change the emailadress.

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Really this si stupid. I probly dont have the credit card I had 3year ago... lol... So i'm giving them the last4  digit of every card I ghave right now... i lol... wonder if it worth the trouble anymore now.
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by bingo69

I decided to get back into Darkfall to enjoy the free time while waiting for DFUW. But since I was on EU, I decideed to transfer to the US... What a fucking mistake tihs was...

Right now,  my EU accoutn is still active but ym NA account is not. They transfered ym character but not the account status.. So I summit a ticket to get the account activated.. 3day of waiting, they ask me for last4  digit name adresse ect. I give them.. 2day later, I get another email saying to send a Bank paper, a fax with ID card with photo, last 4 digit ect... so they can verify that I'm the owner..

Really? what the fuck is going on?

It's AV. Period.

Regardless of how "good" DFUW is, if anyone thinks the game will wind up as anything other than a flop, they are delusional.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by grimgryphon

It's AV. Period.

Regardless of how "good" DFUW is, if anyone thinks the game will wind up as anything other than a flop, they are delusional.

Yep I agree and I'm DF fanboy and veteran (with a realistic view on world).

I really hope the game will last more than a few months before it goes on old tracks with a couple hundred diehards left slowly thining out the next few years...... until the next wipe and another "new" game.....?

Reality is there is not a single indicator that this game would not go down the route of history repeating itself. It's just fan forum hype. It could be the scam of the year easily, if we just look at the information we have on hands. Mostly it's just fan forum hype on a couple of screenshots, blog and 2 or 3 really really shitty vids.

They are selling us a rehashed game  in 3rd year of development and as they admited they would need about 5 years but didn't see people waiting so long (read money) and decided to rush it. That speaks volumes for itself... Even features from DF1 will be missing at start as they told us...

But hopefuly it turns out to be best game ever ;)