Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low Fantasy MMOs?

white_wolf22white_wolf22 Member Posts: 17
Hey everyone. I'm kind of sick of the whole high fantasy setting and was wondering if anyone knew of any good MMOs set in a low fantasy type setting?  

Comments

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Well, there's a Game of Thrones MMO in the works.  

Also, Gloria Victis kickstarter looks interesting:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/03/gloria-victis-hits-kickstarter/

Darkfall and TESO might be worth looking into as well.

• white_wolf22white_wolf22 Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by Ortwig

Well, there's a Game of Thrones MMO in the works.  

Also, Gloria Victis kickstarter looks interesting:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/03/gloria-victis-hits-kickstarter/

Darkfall might be worth looking into as well.

Yeah Gloria Victis looks really good and I'll check out Darkfall too.  The only Game of Thrones MMO looks to be a browser based one which disapoints me because I think the series has a lot of potential to make a great MMO.  

• Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Well, the secret world. It has a few fantasy elements but is set in a modern day world. It is a decent game, if you can also get past the start, it can be abit daunting at first but gets better as you get out into the later areas.
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    I think Elder Scrolls leans a little more toward the low fantasy as well...
  • ZorlacZorlac Member Posts: 101

I am right there with you OP! I have been playing MMOs for almost 14 years and I can no longer stomach high fantasy, theme parks & instancing.

We need polished AAA MMOs that are open world, sandboxes and low fantasy!

I will definitely be checking out Darkfall 2.0, Game of Thrones & GV when each is released.

Wish EVE Online wasnt so depressing (black empty space just doesnt do it for me) because it seems to be one of the best sandbox world MMOs thus far. I played it at release and have been following it ever since, but each time I play it, I quit within a week or so.  /sigh