Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Are you a clicker?

13»

Comments

• AesowhreapAesowhreap Member Posts: 78
    Healer tanks are my favortie type. I think in most games i've played they aren't as strong as their pure types.

Best Regards, ...

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    For anybody clicking, I suggest reassigning 5-0 to either shift 1, shift 2, shift 3, shift 4, Q, E, R, C, X, F or some variant of that.  They are close to WSAD so you will not be reaching with your fingers and your response time will be significantly faster.
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Started as a clicker til I got all my skills, then bound 'em to my mouse/hotkeys.  Stopped playing when the announcement that DF:UW was supposed to launch on the 20th, and lost interest in GW2. 
  • SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    For anybody clicking, I suggest reassigning 5-0 to either shift 1, shift 2, shift 3, shift 4, Q, E, R, C, X, F or some variant of that.  They are close to WSAD so you will not be reaching with your fingers and your response time will be significantly faster.

Exactly. I was just going to suggest that. I was surprised to see how many people mentioned "not being able to stretch far enough..." to use hotkeys for everything. Pretty much every mmo on the market allows for re-configuring hotkeys these days, so it's usually never necessary to use 1 all the way through 0. Using keys like the ones listed above (I even use Z as well), along with alt and shift as modifiers (a + 1 - 5, Q, E, R, T, Z, X, F, G, shift + 1 - 5, etc) makes things a hell of a lot quicker and easier, in my opinion anyway.

• ShiotcrockShiotcrock Member Posts: 87

Just get a Gaming mouse and you can map any button on the mouse it might now work in game with GW2 but I found out how you can assign any key on the keyboard. Hell I have three spells on three spells on my mouse wheel =) using a G500 Logitech with setpoint if it shows up in setpoint you can use that button using a keystroke command so I now have that little red button along with the foward and backward buttons working now.

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=118876&page=2

Here is how to set it up you can be faster then a keyboard user =)

I never liked reaching for the number keys when I took typing in school

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I think it depends on which class you play. A clicker could play classes like the engineer fine, but a thief would be a lot harder.

And, no, I am not a clicker. 

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    I do both.  I am mostly a pve player and there I'm usually clicking.  In pvp I probably click less so out of necessity though.  I probably should pick one style to remain consistent though.