Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone else's guild plumited?

DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

I've been lookin at our guild roster's history, and i've noticed that our log ins have kept declining since launch.

60 ppl loged in 9/3/12 (all time high)

4 ppl loged in 11/3/12  (our all time low)

I may be switching guild's, Anyone else experiancing these drastic drops in guild members since launch?

Comments

• BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503
    It's just your guild. This game is growing at an astounding rate.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Baseline

heh anyways... yes lots of guilds have much less people playing like all these games months after launch.. but there is still plenty of large guilds out there especially WvW guilds you can join up with

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350

Aye, GW2 is not immune to the MMO disease of player loss after the first month or so.  Everyone jumps in when the new shiny is opened but not everyone stays.  MMO gaming today is a terrible cycle of people drooling like fools for the next hyped thing, playing it for a month, feeling bitter that it wasn't as amazing as the hype said so, leaving the game and then drooling over another hype fest game.  Rinse and repeat ad naseum.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by Gurpslord

Aye, GW2 is not immune to the MMO disease of player loss after the first month or so.  Everyone jumps in when the new shiny is opened but not everyone stays.  MMO gaming today is a terrible cycle of people drooling like fools for the next hyped thing, playing it for a month, feeling bitter that it wasn't as amazing as the hype said so, leaving the game and then drooling over another hype fest game.  Rinse and repeat ad naseum.

So it is like every other entertainment form out there? :P

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

My guild has gone so far as declaring the GW2 chapter closed and removing the channel from the VOIP server. Went from 60 some unique members regularly logging on to 1 member doing <2 hours a week.

Admitedly guilds tend to recruit based on a certain personality type to match goals, and GW2 was very much failing what the general like was.

I think I got my monies worth, but I feel zero interest in going back. Others have expressed similar feelings.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

Same in every game, including WoW.

Guilds must always keep recruiting, communities never stay the same for a decade, every year someone will go, someone will join, the world continues.

Guilds that know this are thriving and growing massively in GW2, with a constant flow of new players. Especially the WvW ones which are getting huge now.

GW2 keeps selling boxes in huge numbers every week. Just don't expect the same people to be in your guild forever, that's just not how guilds work, in any game.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    i predict that the Elder Scrolls Online will have a dramatic drop in players after 2 months and the game will be shunned and called a failure by many. 
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by DMKano

Lol - I'd love to see your sales data to back that up :)

On the contrary sales charts show a huge drop in sales - if the game was growing at an astounding rate the sales would show this too, not so much:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/37350/guild-wars-2/Global/

That link is factually false or does not account sales through other sources; probably the 'buy from ANet' option.

GW2 sold 2M+ in the first 2 weeks but that link has it at 1.4M as of last week.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    I see no reason to be in a guild in this game whatsoever. It was a fun game while it lasted, but there's not a lot of things you can really do.
  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I see smaller guilds crumbling in favor of the bigger guilds. More buffs in a bigger guild and really no reason to be in a small guild. If you're running a small guild, do everybody in it a favor and look for a likeminded large guild to join. Guilds with at least a few hundred members, that have a website, forum, TS or Vent or Mumble or whatever.

There is really not much point in running a small guild in this game. There is too little you can achieve with limited numbers.

Either go with a big guild or merge with other smaller guilds.

imageimage
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I can safely say my guild hasn't sprouted their summer feathers.
  • ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    How do you achieve more in a big guild. For me I'd say you achieve less as the achievement is worth less.

When seemingly thriving guilds fall, it's pretty much a leadership problem. You need a solid leadership that provides incentive for people to log in. No game provides a community just by being part of a guild it needs to be build.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by muffins89
    i predict that the Elder Scrolls Online will have a dramatic drop in players after 2 months and the game will be shunned and called a failure by many. 

You are wrong about that.. It's already a failure ;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    40+ man guild here, complete Harry  Houdini'd
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Kinda but on the other hand I've just moved over to other very active groups so doesn't really matter and I'm playing currently on a server which is doing bad in WVW so not a lot of big guilds like that here. :p
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Our guild had its first loss this last week but not by choice.  Deployment overseas.

I may be lucky as my guild is a RvR errr WvW guild and all its members are very much having a great time in the game.  Plus it doesnt hurt that our server (Sanctum of Rall) went from like 17th last month to 5th in WvW chart so we've seen our share of growth unlike some of the other servers.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Just coz your guild numbers have dropped doesn't necessarily mean those palyers left the game.The ability to join multiple guilds means some peopel do jsut that then choose the one they liek most and drop the others.They may of changed servers and joined guilds there...or yes they may of left entirely.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    My guild has actually grown in members. We have always been a smaller guild with more casual players,but no drop offs here.
  • InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    The guild i'm in grows everyday, the guild leader and officers are recruiting alot.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by muffins89

Listen to this poster she/he's see's the future, clearly image

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

heh anyways... yes lots of guilds have much less people playing like all these games months after launch.. but there is still plenty of large guilds out there especially WvW guilds you can join up with

Actually, and I know you will not like this comparison, but the only other game I have experienced a guild decline like this was SWTOR. Pretty much every other game I have played, it was fairly easy to maintain interest and involvement in the guild for like the first three months plus. Our guild began a *really* steep decline a month in in GW2.

Now, before anyone calls me a hater or a troll, I am not sure if this is GW2 and SWTOR, or just a new problem with themeparks in general and player's habits. 

That said, while GW2 is, imho, a significantly better game than SWTOR, for me it suffers from many of the same problems, just not as severely.

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    My guild is at the same level it was before.  I have a fairly small guild though.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Naral
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Actually, and I know you will not like this comparison, but the only other game I have experienced a guild decline like this was SWTOR. Pretty much every other game I have played, it was fairly easy to maintain interest and involvement in the guild for like the first three months plus. Our guild began a *really* steep decline a month in in GW2.

Now, before anyone calls me a hater or a troll, I am not sure if this is GW2 and SWTOR, or just a new problem with themeparks in general and player's habits. 

That said, while GW2 is, imho, a significantly better game than SWTOR, for me it suffers from many of the same problems, just not as severely.

also some other things stem from the no sub fee.. several of my firends are now wrapped up in many of the new single player games out and i know MANY that are going to be jumping into halo 4 come tuesday.. the thing with no sub fee none of them feel "obligated" to play and will return once they get what they want from their other games. This on top of allowing you to join multiple guilds and not have a lot of worthwhile guild features unless you exclusively play WvW hurts the guild system.. but also yes it is an issue with all themeparks as well.. i myself have been playing xcom a lot so my hours in GW2 have gone down a good bit and ill be playing halo 4 as well but come november patch ill be playing a lot more GW2

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by Drakynn

Just coz your guild numbers have dropped doesn't necessarily mean those palyers left the game.The ability to join multiple guilds means some peopel do jsut that then choose the one they liek most and drop the others.They may of changed servers and joined guilds there...or yes they may of left entirely.

It does when you know them, have played games with them for years, and they tell you "hey, sick of this game, gonna go play another." ;-)

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Nope, my guild has heaps of players online all the time. Doing everything from dungeons to sPvP to organised WvW groups.