Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Venting

2»

Comments

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO
    Originally posted by grimal
    Is this the same sort of bug where mobs go invincible for no apparent reason and go back to full health in a middle of a fight?

This happens sometimes. Mostly because the mobs strays too far from it's spawn location. It just resets and heals as it moves back to the spawn spot. I know that sucks, but the guy that has aggro should just learn to dodge towards the spawn location instead of always dodging away.

Now if it just heals, then that ability should be visible on the mob when you target it. They usually aren't able to heal fully, but some are actually able to do that. You take down a champion mob relatively fast and then "Hah, you think you can defeat me that easily!" and then it fully heals and is a lot tougher to kill.

One option is spawn location, another option is actual ability, another is just a bug.

A lot of games have some form or other of coding to prevent "terrain exploits," i.e. standing in a position where a melee mob can't reach you and hitting it from range: the mob might become invulnerable, gain massive health regeneration or suddenly acquire a ranged attack it doesn't normally have. Problem comes when mob pathing AI glitches and throws a false positive on this state. This could be the cause of this effect triggering when fighting mobs underwater in GW2 even when you're practically next to their spawn point (had this a lot with the Inquest around the underwater lab in Metrica province. No idea if this has anything to do with the case the OP describes thouigh.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

Spent 4 fucking hours setting up Balthazar Temple then finally got a huge zerg together to spank his ass. We got him to litterally 3% HP with 2 minutes to go and his health just automatically refills itself.

Screw ANET. SUCH BS FOR A BOSS TO BE ABLE TO HEAL THAT MUCH IN A TIMED EVENT!!!! I still love the game but I am no longer a fan of this company. Such utter bullshit for this to happen. My server has now gone 2 weeks without ever taking the temple. So fucking god damn stupid that he heals for no reason.

Sorry, but it is not Arenanet's fault. It is your own personal responsibility to get enough information about a product before purchasing it. 

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

Spent 4 fucking hours setting up Balthazar Temple then finally got a huge zerg together to spank his ass. We got him to litterally 3% HP with 2 minutes to go and his health just automatically refills itself.

Screw ANET. SUCH BS FOR A BOSS TO BE ABLE TO HEAL THAT MUCH IN A TIMED EVENT!!!! I still love the game but I am no longer a fan of this company. Such utter bullshit for this to happen. My server has now gone 2 weeks without ever taking the temple. So fucking god damn stupid that he heals for no reason.

Sorry, but it is not Arenanet's fault. It is your own personal responsibility to get enough information about a product before purchasing it. 

if it is a bug it's hardly his fault.. but i don't know for sure.. actually your post makes little sense considering the topic at hand..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn

if it is a bug it's hardly his fault.. but i don't know for sure.. actually your post makes little sense considering the topic at hand..

He should have realized a long time ago that MMORPGs release with bugs and the implications of that fact. He has no reasonable right to blame Arenanet for that.  He can report the "bug" and then hope Arenanet fixes it, but that's it.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

He should have realized a long time ago that MMORPGs release with bugs and the implications of that fact. He has no reasonable right to blame Arenanet for that.  He can report the "bug" and then hope Arenanet fixes it, but that's it.

but is it a bug? that's the question or is it design? i know many fights in this game that bosses full heal or get a heal from another npc

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

but is it a bug? that's the question? or is it design? i know many fights in this game that bosses full heal or get a heal from another npc

Doesn't matter if it is an issue of imbalance, design or bug: they should report and that's it. Arenanet is more than capable to address the issue if there is enough people reporting it and given that they have no more important things to focus at the time.

That something is not "balanced", "bugged" or "hard to learn to do the right way" should not come as a surprise.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

but is it a bug? that's the question? or is it design? i know many fights in this game that bosses full heal or get a heal from another npc

Doesn't matter if it is an issue of imbalance, design or bug: they should report and that's it. Arenanet is more than capable to address the issue if there is enough people reporting it and given that they have no more important things to focus at the time.

That something is not "balanced", "bugged" or "hard to learn to do the right way" should not come as a surprise.

So because it's broken he should just suck it up and not feel annoyed? 

Guess you're used to being served mediocre then.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,112
    If it says it buffs allies, then it also heals, it really sucks. For it to happen at that point the challenge (most of the time it has to be no less than 75%), must been bugged. I know the event you speak of because I've done it numorous times, and you really need a huge zerg for this, more so than even Grenth in cursed shore....It is frustrating as hell so I know where the op is coming from on this. Keep trying.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384

Just look at it this way. Now you gave the option for other players to join the fight who may have never got a chance to do it.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design