Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In Case You Have Not Heard

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Not sure why EVE still keeps coming up, this system in DF really isn't anything like it. Not saying that's a bad thing, but in addition to no real safe zone, (Concord is more like an inescapable tower system) and it has an elaborate faction/flagging system where the npcs react differently depending on your relationship with the 4 different factions and Concord itself.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Raxeon

the game might survive more than 2 years this time

Darkfall has already been live for 3.5 years and is still running.  image  

Rather than expand on their outdated foundation, they rebuilt the entire game.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Why people troll a video game they know little about is just bloody weird. The best is when they call AV Adventurine. If you're going to act like that at least do some basic research. Like familiarizing yourself with the company name, lol. Good times ahead on these forums, it's gonna get messy ;)

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Originally posted by Cecropia

Good times ahead on these forums, it's gonna get messy ;)

Its going to be a slaughter! 

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

sorry i havent been following it  XD my mistake

sorry i havent been following it  XD my mistake

So just a drive by trolling then?

• Originally posted by BiskopI can live with immersion breaking safe zones as long as they actually add something to the game (i.e. noob protection and new player retention) but a working alignment system is a fucking necessity in a game like this.

Now they'll be no penalty at all for turning red, which ofc will mean that everyone will be red.

This, i really prefer the old system with a simple fix of wardec, so griefers can't wardec little clans that live in town forever.

Not having penalties for red players is stupid and unaccettable, also is more stupid that they can bank the stuff they took ganking you in your same town and you can't do anything about this. This system will promote more hate and griefing than before.

Leave the old system alone, where going red has consequences, the risk vs reward, and ban red players from starter racial towns.

Originally posted by kdchan

Originally posted by BiskopI can live with immersion breaking safe zones as long as they actually add something to the game (i.e. noob protection and new player retention) but a working alignment system is a fucking necessity in a game like this.

Now they'll be no penalty at all for turning red, which ofc will mean that everyone will be red.

Leave the old system alone, where going red has consequences, the risk vs reward, and ban red players from starter racial towns.

The old system sucked, being Red really had no impact once you left the noob spawns. Secondly, it was far too easy to blue on blue grief in NPC towns, declare war and rogue bait. Towns will now be 100% safe and its not like Reds couldn't bank your stuff with the old system. (not like they were killing for your loots anyway)

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    What is the point in "going red" for murder if it has no impact on game mechanics? It seems to me that going red should result in some form of punishment like not having access to NPC towns and such.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

Originally posted by VassagoMael
    What is the point in "going red" for murder if it has no impact on game mechanics? It seems to me that going red should result in some form of punishment like not having access to NPC towns and such.

I wouldnt call killing another player in a game clearly focused on PvP murder.

"Darkfall Unholy Wars has a different alignment system. In reality we are keeping the whole turning red situation when you kill other players in place but turning red does no longer mean you get attacked by NPC guard towers. It is just there to indicate to other players you might not be someone they can trust. What they do with the information is up to them. However because this would make the entire world rather chaotic we felt we needed to create some areas where players can perform some basic activities in peace. All the racial capitals and satellite faction cities as well as surrounding areas where players will make their initial steps have all PvP actions disabled. Even players belonging to enemy clans will be unable to damage each other in those areas. The vast majority of the world of course remains as it was. As a side note, while NPC guard towers are now completely off as they serve no purpose, Player holding towers will continue to faction as before."

• MurphyleoMurphyleo Member Posts: 11

I have to weigh in rq. Look ppl who came from other game backgrounds and are rather liberal about life and other things say "if you have a problem with non pvp areas your just and angry ganker ".They are WRONG .

I was far from the most developed amazing character on DF , but i loved the old system , the only place your safe is in the city with towers and if you are in a clan or not so smart your not even safe then ......i loved that system , and its not cause i was a ganker cause my character couldnt beat many ppl and the one person i did gank deserved it for stealing from me .

My reason for liking the old system and wishing for it to continue is that i have a bad habit nowadays of falling quickly into boredom with games ...and when i get bored i fall asleep while playing . DF was the only game where you didnt go out harvesting or grinding and fall asleep cause there were real penalties to falling asleep (even in the city) . It was one of the few games that held my interest enough cause of that penalty that i didnt fall asleep .

I work , i no longer work multiple jobs but my single job now with my work load and responsibiities takes alot out of me ......if there is no danger i will be the guy standing by the bank falling asleep and then i will be bored and not want to play .

So you " Waah i got ganked im ruined for life crybaby types " should just suck it up and learn to deal with loss and consequences . those are the things that made the old game its own niche game . im sorry but i dont want Darkfall to be the 2nd coming of WoW with 20 million players worldwide , i want it to be a profitable enough niche game .cause the more ppl you get in a game the more sissified the game will get .

I literally got ganked every last time i logged in on DF , im thick skinned , getting ganked doesnt deter me ...it makes me more determined that when i get myself trained and outfitted right vengeance will be divine , i dont want a hand holding or baby coddling , cause with my luck the coddling wont start till im ready to get my vengeance and then im going to be ticked that i cant .

Keep DF Hardcore , there are a thousand other games that cater to ppl who want to feel fluffy and safe and warm and cuddly , feel free to go play one ,dont ruin us pvpers only haven we have left .

Originally posted by Murphyleo

Keep DF Hardcore , there are a thousand other games that cater to ppl who want to feel fluffy and safe and warm and cuddly , feel free to go play one ,dont ruin us pvpers only haven we have left .

You are aware the new "safe zones" are only around the noob areas right?  The other 90% of the world will be the same so I really dont see what the probelem is. You dont want to "fall asleep", then walk your character out of the safe zone.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by MurphyleoThey are WRONG.

You are wrong and missing the point completely.

You like to be in constant danger? Fine, no one is holding you from living in FFA areas but why won't you let others play their own way? You just tell them "suck it up crybabies" and play MY way.

That is why DF/ UW is no sandbox.

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Murphyleo

They are WRONG.

You like to be in constant danger? Fine, no one is holding you from living in FFA areas but why won't you let others play their own way? You just tell them "suck it up crybabies" and play MY way.

That is why DF/ UW is no sandbox.

How does that remotely impact UWs level of sandboxiness? image 

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Tamanous

The only reason why games do this is because the players can't be trusted to recognize civilized areas. The especially cannot be counted to maintain a sense of roleplay on even the most basic levels. They have zero restraint. I'm not entirely sure how they manage to not masterbate in public every day in real life.

Blame yourselves or those deserving blame. The devs simply say "F@ck it!" and take the easier way out so not to deal with the arsehats.

That's the main issue with open world PvPers tbh... they generally kill what they love by ensuring that no one wants to play with them, and then they complain when a dev needs to step in to protect their game from their self destructive behaviour.