Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] DUST 514: The Codex Update

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During a recent event, we managed to get some hands on time with CCP's DUST 514. We've got a full closed beta preview for your reading pleasure today so be sure to check it out before leaving us your thoughts in the comments.

Without getting into the Eve Online integration side of things just yet, CCP are proving just what a solid game they have been studiously toiling away on. At a glance, D514 is reminiscent of Battlefield, with its huge maps, abundance of vehicles, and focus on large skirmishes - but that would be doing it a great disservice.

Read more of Adam Tingle's DUST 514: The Codex Update.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

as a post 4yr eveonline player BOB, Goons era...I still have mixed feelings abt DUST. dotn own a  game console nor dotn expect to.

And if they listened to the fan base as ur article says they would of been announcing a PC version in their near / distant 'Bright'  future.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    That looks pretty good.

• KoddoKoddo Member Posts: 151
    Too bad it's going to be a pay2win deal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The pen is mightier than the sword, and authority is mightier than the pen, but the sword is mightier than authority.

If you can't beat 'em, hold 'em off 'till you come up with a better plan.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Koddo

p2w? Lol. Not even close.

If you lack skill and try to pay to win in DUST you will only get poor. Thats all.

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by Koddo

im making a rough guess that you havent even played the game based from your comment. the market of dust 514 is heavily influence by eve players. so i have no idea how its pay 2 win. i think you should stop making assumtions and try the game out before you do. and if you don't own a ps3 tough luck.. i can say this that the interaction between eve players and dust 514 will be high. 

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    This is possibly one of the coolest concepts I have ever heard of.  Having an MMO drive an action game for real gains in the MMO the way this is set up is simply amazing.  Just think about a future where online games all have multiple platforms that are connected within the same world like this.  It adds a level of depth that has yet to be achieved!

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• CraziFuzzyCraziFuzzy Member Posts: 18
    I don't have a PS3, haven't really played eve seriously in over a year, and I am so excited about dust. The concept itself is so great. Thinking about all the stories that eve had created, and now you add in so many new actors, on a bunch of new stages, it is going to be so compelling.

CraziFuzzy

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

they should add ground mmorpg stuff in awesome Eve ,not make separate console shooter game  integrated in EVE universe via market ,contracting or chat...

Dust514 is crap of Eve universe

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by CraziFuzzy
    I don't have a PS3, haven't really played eve seriously in over a year, and I am so excited about dust. The concept itself is so great. Thinking about all the stories that eve had created, and now you add in so many new actors, on a bunch of new stages, it is going to be so compelling.

A MMO with 16 vs 16 maps sure sounds like allot of fun.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    As others have said I think the largest complaint is that there isn't a PC version.  I'm really wanting to play the game but don't want to buy a PS3.  I would pay $60 for a PC version ;).
  • SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

IDK guys- This is pretty fraking sweet. =D

Certainly NOT P2W from what I am seeing and is (thus far) a hell of a lot of fun....Seems to have quite a bit of complexity beyond "deathmatch" as well, but I am just getting into it.

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270
    Originally posted by Precusor
    Originally posted by CraziFuzzy

A MMO with 16 vs 16 maps sure sounds like allot of fun.

Well a lot of MMOs have bigger matchups and pretty much all of them fail to make it work.  Better a working 16v16 then a broken 500v500.