Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Day of the Dead Arrives

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

World of Warcraft players have two days to take part in the Day of the Dead celebrations that are ongoing throughout the game world. There are new activities to participate in, new recipes and achievements and much more.

Dance with Catrina

Let us cherish and honor the ghostly presence of those we have lost, so that they might eat and drink and smile and know that they are loved. Dance with Catrina, and you will be transformed into a skeleton and unlock the [Dead Man's Party] achievement.

Read the full blog post on the World of Warcraft community site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Man this game used to be so great, remember the good ole days? Why can't we just freeze time?
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Man this game used to be so great, remember the good ole days? Why can't we just freeze time?

Physics

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

It is still a great game.. just not in the same way or the same crowd.

Day of the dead feel a bit like a copy/paste job of pirate day.. or vise versa.

This have been a good conversation

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Butters is laughing now, playing Hello Kitty Online Adventures :P

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Still a fun game. People who find it necessary to bash WoW should be exiled to their favoite MMO  forever since it's so much better...
  • roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

Some aspects of WoW still remain ok . The pvp bgs are still fun even if they are dumbed down quite a bit .  I can see what anyone gets from questing and majority of raiding in it now and by no means am I a hardcore gamer .

I know many of you will argue till your blue in the face that most WoW gamers are adults but seriously you just have to look at the chat to see that its like the kind of thing you heard in the school yeard . Its pretty obvious that a large proportion of WoW is of school age  and if it isnt there must be a lot adults that have some real problems if they are saying the kind of things you see in general chat in WoW .This isnt confined to WoW though Rift is just as bad or maybe worse . I actually did the ten day welcome back and thought WoW seemed friendlier than Rift . lordy

I still know plenty of nice decent adults that play it ( one being my girlfriend who is 33 ) shes a bit of a pvp nut and rarely plays other aspects of the game , She also is very aware of the younger demographic and doesn't delude herself it exists in abundance and she hates how easy the pve has become . Still a good game on the whole but way past its best years now . Then again if your a young gamer coming into it now with no knowledge of what it was once like then you proberbly will find it amazing . I just have an 8 year frame of reference so I can see how much imo its gone downhill .

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    Game was great back in its prime...now there is too much content...and has been dummed down to the point of kiddish gameplay focused on the lazy population
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    So let me get this straight. You guys hate this game so much that you have to come to say how bad the game is in every single piece of news or thread about the game? This is about an event which happens every year yet you need to post how bad WoW is because?? It's not like you haven't done it in every single thread/news story on WoW. In my opinion this is just pathetic.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Arcondo87
    Game was great back in its prime...now there is too much content...and has been dummed down to the point of kiddish gameplay focused on the lazy population

so, you prefer being stuck to mining animation for 30 mins? or falling through the world? or not having any pvp at all (but TM gank fests)?

uh, and you think the "lazy population" cba to do all the daylies as farm quests to get their raid equipment?

seriously, before you troll next time try checking some facts ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by Robokapp

good game but we've seen it when it was better and each second in the game reminds us of that.

not much we can do about that but retire into another mmo.

Try Rift its not perfect but it offers some of what WoW once offered . Its espansion will increase the game world to roughly the size WoW was cira the burning crusade . It has all the character customisation that WoW has lost and certain classes play very similar to WoW .For my money its the best pvp mmo on the market at the moment .

• YazeedYazeed Member Posts: 29
    I am an old gammer and i did play so many mmorpg games !

I am not a WoW fanboy but i do respect this game so much

When u try other games u found some gaps at some places like endgame etc.
    But in WoW as far as i see it is perfect

One of the most important thing that we sould know is the mmorpg market

Does this market have any epic or rock game ( with out pick WoE ) ?

Let me answer pls ,
    There are some amazing games but they are not epic or rock

Do not get me wrong cus i my self play aion and other mmorpg games
    But let face the fact that this market need more work from dev. And companies
    Plus need to educated the people who buy those game cus watching a youtube and buying this game does not realy help our cause cus this will made companies become greedy and fouce on selling to much with less work in the product

I am talking about qulity guys
  • YazeedYazeed Member Posts: 29
    Editing : ( WoE = WoW ) sry i use my phone^^

after editing :
    I am an old gammer and i did play so many mmorpg games !

I am not a WoW fanboy but i do respect this game so much

When u try other games u found some gaps at some places like endgame etc.
    But in WoW as far as i see it is perfect

One of the most important thing that we sould know is the mmorpg market

Does this market at this moment have any epic or rock game ( with out pick WoW ) ?

Let me answer pls ,
    There are some amazing games but they are not epic or rock

Do not get me wrong cus i my self play aion and other mmorpg games
    But let face the fact that this market need more work from dev. And companies
    Plus need to educated the people who buy those game cus watching a youtube and buying this game does not realy help our cause cus this will made companies become greedy and fouce on selling to much with less work in the product

I am talking about qulity guys