Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Theia Stepping Down as CM, Becoming the Event Manager

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

As posted on the official forum, a new CM is inbound, and Theia will become the Event Manager.  I liked the events previously run by Theia, so that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/cm-theia-stepping-down-as-community-manager.80327/

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Theia was the best one for CM and belonged in that position for the most part. His events and events in general are never well thought out and full of complaints at the end.
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Is that a joke? Theia previous events failed on epic levels.

I hear you, they should of left him as CM. Theia puts out some pretty fail events.  In regards to hiring a "professional" this must be where the donation funds will be going...image

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    Is that a joke? Theia previous events failed on epic levels.

I hear you, they should of left him as CM. Theia puts out some pretty fail events.  In regards to hiring a "professional" this must be where the donation funds will be going...image

So they need a "professional" when there's not much left to manage?  There's more activity on the MO forums regarding other games, than their own.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    I can second that Theia should have been left as CM considering feedback on his events. But I guess he is only one interested in doing that job. 
    Originally posted by Toferio
     But I guess he is only one interested in doing that job. 

Bottom of the barrel.

I'm with the both of you, makes no sense and shows how out of touch SV is with its community. Funds should not be going to a professional CM when they obviously need folks who can actually program.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Actually from what I have been told the new "professional" CM is just another PT volunteer. Lets wait for the announcement and see who is right.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188
    Actually from what I have been told the new "professional" CM is just another PT volunteer. Lets wait for the announcement and see who is right.

Given Starvaults history of "name shell game", we may never know. 

How many CMs will this one make? 6

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Rohn

As posted on the official forum, a new CM is inbound, and Theia will become the Event Manager.  I liked the events previously run by Theia, so that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/cm-theia-stepping-down-as-community-manager.80327/

I am inclined to want to just post a GIANT LOL in the biggest Font/Text size availible... But I guess that would be considered Trolling.

So, can I ask you ROHN which events Theia had previously run which were "good" (in your opinion, of coarse)

Also, I really dont understand why Henrick doesnt manage his community. He is busy all day doing...What, exactly???? TheGAME needs fixed far worse than the community censored...er...managed. But the prioroty (as always) is backwords.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Seems the new guy got a fresh (yet typical) MO "scandal" on his desk the first day on the job:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/keep-siege-reverted.80346/

I feel sorry for him really.

Well, tbh one can still be professional (skillwise) and volunteer for something.

Well, tbh one can still be professional (skillwise) and volunteer for something.

Not entirely sure why a "professional" would volunteer for a game they supposedly didn't like and doesnt play. image

"-Unfortunately I don't know much about Mortal Online. I like many, tried it out very early at it's release and/or played a trial and just couldn't get into it right away. That doesn't mean I stopped hoping for the best, and keeping tabs on the game and it's progress."

Not entirely sure why a "professional" would volunteer for a game they supposedly didn't like and doesnt play. image

"-Unfortunately I don't know much about Mortal Online. I like many, tried it out very early at it's release and/or played a trial and just couldn't get into it right away. That doesn't mean I stopped hoping for the best, and keeping tabs on the game and it's progress."

-Without having read the whole linked thread- Are we certain SV didnt pull the 'ol switcharoo? Just give an existing GM/CM another name and pretend its someone new when in fact it isnt?

EDIT: They have done this before IMHO and they have the integrity of the Russian Mafia.

Originally posted by SaintPhilip

-Without having read the whole linked thread- Are we certain SV didnt pull the 'ol switcharoo? Just give an existing GM/CM another name and pretend its someone new when in fact it isnt?

EDIT: They have done this before IMHO and they have the integrity of the Russian Mafia.

That would make more sense than this guy just volunteering for a game he knows nothing about.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/your-new-community-manager-has-arrived.80341/

Why he's here "Friends of friends of friends persay."

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/welcome-nocturne-our-new-community-manager.80343/#post-1386205

Quite strange...

My official title at my job-job is UI director/Producer/Community Manager/QA/Content and Design so on and so forth.. why the long title? Well we are a small developer company much like MO is.. so I know how things work with restrictions. I am here on a voluntary basis like many of the other support branches.

So he works his day job as a UI director/Producer/CM/QA at a small developer, but then wants to volunteer his time as a CM for a game he doesn't play?   Strange as that may sound, I honestly do think he is a new person because nobody else on the Sv staff (and certainly not the big fans) would refer to the game as he does in the quote below:

There will always be significant strife with a game riddled with bugs.

I gave the last guy (Theia) a chance, but he ruined his credibility on these very forums with his promises of Veteran Rewards being all ready to go a year ago (and he even said he was staking his credibility on it).  If this guy keeps on with the honest talk and stays away from the misleading statements and outright lies of the past group.. maybe he will fare better.  It will be interesting to watch.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Quite strange...

My official title at my job-job is UI director/Producer/Community Manager/QA/Content and Design so on and so forth.. why the long title? Well we are a small developer company much like MO is.. so I know how things work with restrictions. I am here on a voluntary basis like many of the other support branches.

So he works his day job as a UI director/Producer/CM/QA at a small developer, but then wants to volunteer his time as a CM for a game he doesn't play?   Strange as that may sound, I honestly do think he is a new person because nobody else on the Sv staff (and certainly not the big fans) would refer to the game as he does in the quote below:

There will always be significant strife with a game riddled with bugs.

I gave the last guy (Theia) a chance, but he ruined his credibility on these very forums with his promises of Veteran Rewards being all ready to go a year ago (and he even said he was staking his credibility on it).  If this guy keeps on with the honest talk and stays away from the misleading statements and outright lies of the past group.. maybe he will fare better.  It will be interesting to watch.

Maybe they are trying to give the impression that THIS (new) CM is more "open". Admitting that MO is full of bugs is likesaying that the Sky is usually Blue-

IDK- Just doesnt add up to me why someone with a job would then volenteer to CM a game he knows little about (but does make it seem as if he sdoes not have "connections" and "friendships" with the playerbase)

Kind of like "Look at me, I admitted there are bugs and I am impartial since I have not played this game.

IDK- Conspiracy? Yes...But stranger things have happened.

Ultimately does it really matter who this months mouth piece is, CM after  CM and MO is still the same.
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    It's surprising that a shit game remains shit? No... this is MO nature, no surprise anywhere, no matter who is the mouthpiece.
    Originally posted by Biskop

Seems the new guy got a fresh (yet typical) MO "scandal" on his desk the first day on the job:

Do not know if it was the new CM or not but after 60 people threatened to unsub the re-reverted the keep siege and reversed their announcement.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Do not know if it was the new CM or not but after 60 people threatened to unsub the re-reverted the keep siege and reversed their announcement.

REALLY?

lmao.

GG MO

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Change policy over 60 people? image

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

I see people on these forums still continue to leave out pertinent facts. 

gg

They didn't change policy but said that the amount of hacking involved was not enough to alter the result of honest work of other players. To me, it seems a fair decision and not a policy change; whether that was true or not is another topic.

They didn't change policy but said that the amount of hacking involved was not enough to alter the result of honest work of other players. To me, it seems a fair decision and not a policy change; whether that was true or not is another topic.

No. I think it was lie.

First Discord came out and said they were going to rollback an entire siege since people were cheating and "they had proof"... All hell broke out on the Forum (as it should have) and people demanded the proof or said they would quit over it...THEN, Sv said  "well, we have to go through logs, blah, blah- BUT thewre was cheating just not enough to rollback the seige"

-No proof shown to this moment.

Tons of folks from both sides of the seige quit (as they should have)

Probably 100 or so posts (or more) were deleted- Along with two or three entire threads.

Sv still has shown no proof of cheating nor banned anyone.

-What really happened was Discords buddies got beaten and lost a Keep. Discord said he would "fix it" and claimed cheating . When there was an outcry and people mass quitting, they reversed the descision.

Games bugged as hell.

True story. The end.