Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Eternia - Replayability focused MMORPG

Eternia - world where you can play eternity in

Main Concepts

1. No Same Lame Time - Never spend time doing samething agian playing different characters, and this is achived by random quests and open skills and spells system.

2. Random Questing - Quest give NPC gives out random quest(s) from level range

3. Open Spells and Skills System - All skills and spells are avaialbe to players to choose and allocate

4. Class Pledge System - Pledging Class gives bonus to certain skill(s) and/or spell(s)

5. Balanced Skills and Spells - Balance out skills and spells thus PvP will be sustained

Could be my dillusion or one kick butts game.  Anyone agree or disagree, leave me a line...  and as always, 'Happy' gaming, folks...

Comments

• joonkp1976joonkp1976 seoulPosts: 93Member
    Originally posted by joonkp1976
    Eternia - world where you can play eternity in Main Concepts   1. No Same Lame Time - Never spend time doing samething agian playing different characters, and this is achived by random quests and open skills and spells system.   2. Random Questing - Quest give NPC gives out random quest(s) from level range   3. Open Spells and Skills System - All skills and spells are avaialbe to players to choose and allocate   4. Class Pledge System - Pledging Class gives bonus to certain skill(s) and/or spell(s)   5. Balanced Skills and Spells - Balance out skills and spells thus PvP will be sustained   Could be my dillusion or one kick butts game.  Anyone agree or disagree, leave me a line...  and as always, 'Happy' gaming, folks...

AND

6. Party Quests Sharing System - Party can share quests thus allowing party to do the questing together

• joonkp1976joonkp1976 seoulPosts: 93Member

And, I thought about this,

7. Class Branching System - New classes unlocked after certain mastery point in previous classes

Rounds it all up.  Thanks for reading and cheers and good gaming, folks~!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 14,247Member Rare
    Could be great. All depends on the implementation and how it ties in with the rest of the gameplay.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• KenFisherKenFisher Northwest, INPosts: 5,035Member Uncommon
    Random questing is something I'd like to see more of.  I enjoy not knowing what is going to happen and it makes the NPCs seem a bit less robotic.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • corpusccorpusc Chattanooga, TNPosts: 1,331Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by joonkp1976
    Eternia - world where you can play eternity in     5. Balanced Skills and Spells - Balance out skills and spells thus PvP will be sustained  

your heart is definitely in the right place.  particularly as a startup/indie dev.  extensive generation techniques are almost mandatory for such, even tho almost none of them choose to focus in that direction.  guess thats why its extremely rare that any of them get off the ground.  8)

wonder if your #5 is anything like my system.  cuz i've used basically the same words for it.

altho since mine is based on FPS action combat, i imagine its very unlikely.

does it involve thousands of spells based on combinations of spell properties?

The End
    ---------------------------
    i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

• Will the Masters of the Universe protect the game world from the evil forces of Skeletor?