Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com is a partner of Rift..

GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
Like the title said.. MMORPG.com is listed as a partner on the Rift website.. Are they aloud to say anything bad about this game?  Just curious.. Not haten"

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    [mod edit]

I definitely have a problem with that.. I want criticism to help make GW2 more sociable.. I'm still having fun in game but I'm still a Vanguard fanboy at heart..

Edit:  Also I bought a year sub to rift and I plan on leveling my rogue to 60 and exploring..

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Like the title said.. MMORPG.com is listed as a partner on the Rift website.. Are they aloud to say anything bad about this game?  Just curious.. Not haten"

the word should be allowed not aloud..and where are you seeing this partner stuff?

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

Originally posted by Kenze

the word should be allowed not aloud..and where are you seeing this partner stuff?

I'm very sorry.. That's an obvious grammar mistake.. Like I said in another thread, I've been awake for over 48 hours and I'm starting to hallucinate ;)  This is where it shows the current Rift partners http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/beta/?reg=www  I'm just curious to know what it means for a major MMO review site to be a partner with a game it's reviewing..

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
     This is where it shows the current Rift partners http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/beta/?reg=www

If I go directly to that website, there's only one partner shown, PCGamer. But if I go through anonymous proxy, it shows 5 partners, including MMORPG.com. Otherwise the page seems to be identical.

Conspiracy?

EDIT: Looking closer at it, looks like Trion Worlds has joined the ranks of devs who display one information for EU and another for USA. It's not possible for me to look at the USA page without proxy even if I manually select America as my location. /EDIT

• thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Considering the page and whom the other partners are, it's clear to me that it's not so much a business partnership as much as it is a journalistic one.  Looks like Trion has partnered to give the others exclusive access to Storm Legion info, etc.  As witnessed by MMORPG's exclusive streams revealing the new expansion souls.  Don't see what the hubbub is about, to tell the truth.
    Originally posted by thecapitaine
    Considering the page and whom the other partners are, it's clear to me that it's not so much a business partnership as much as it is a journalistic one.  Looks like Trion has partnered to give the others exclusive access to Storm Legion info, etc.  As witnessed by MMORPG's exclusive streams revealing the new expansion souls.  Don't see what the hubbub is about, to tell the truth.

That's awesome if that's what it is.. I didn't post this to hurt anyones feelings. Trion has been an amazing company!  It was just a simple question. I will play no matter what the answer is..

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Originally posted by Vrika
     This is where it shows the current Rift partners http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/beta/?reg=www

If I go directly to that website, there's only one partner shown, PCGamer. But if I go through anonymous proxy, it shows 5 partners, including MMORPG.com. Otherwise the page seems to be identical.

Conspiracy?

When I go to that link I see all five partners.

Anyway, this site does not provide much in the way of in depth analysis of MMO's and especially not in regards to their pricing, advertising or policies.  Critical thought is basically non existent.   Just look at all of the fluff questions they ask developers in their interviews. 

Their goal seems to be to create/share excitement for MMOs.  I'm hoping another MMO site will pop up someday that actually wants to act as an advocate for the player rather than the content producers.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Is it a conflict of interest sure if its a business partnership, but its not unheard of.   Micorosft owns MSN and they do bad and good storys about micorosft every day.
  • thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    FYI, these are the partners I see on the same page: ZAM, PCGAmer, MMORPG.com, TenTonHammer, and Curse.  It's good for the game to get increasing coverage and it seems like Trion has stepped up their advertising 1000% ahead of the expansion.  Sorry if I came off as brusque, just wanted to make sure the whole picture was being seen before it got turned into A Big Thing(tm).
  • Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Any website that runs ads for products it reviews already can't be trusted. It's a conflict of interest. You're reviewing the products of the people paying your bills. There's an incentive (whether acted upon or not) to bias the reviews. Moreover, you have to consider that companies are less likely to provide exclusive content to websites that review them unfavorably.

It can't be said if this site intentionally skews its reviews, but the incentive is there. At least it's not GameStop where they don't even try to hide it.

This "partnership" is irrelevant.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

This is for content and reveals. Staff and you guys in the community can express your opinion, positive or negative. As long as those opinions have some sort of backing and don't flame or bait others, feel free.

Conspiracy theories aside, our advertising is handled by one person, our Admin, and is completely separate from any editorial decisions. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.