Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

League of Legends [mod edit]

Guys, I can't stop playing it. I desperately want to end the bashing of my head into windows in my house from sh*tty teammates. I have to find a new game to play. Idc what it is. I'm immersed in DayZ at the moment. but when i load up on some badass stuff and die. I cannot bring myself up to play it for a bit again. I feel like League of Legends is destroying the gamer in me by just making me rage all day and not appreciate the game itself. All I care about in that game is winning. I don't even play to have fun. It is like a job to me. I want to find the old gamer in me who could have a blast playing vanilla wow and zelda ocarina of time. But.. the only catch is that I like games with multiplayer. Ones that have some sort of skill based multiplayer also.  I used to be a semi proffessional CoD player but CoD is so burnt out on me. I dont mind trying any type of game as long as you guys think it is worth a try. Sorry for all the random kinda gibberish i just posted... but I think i'm going crazy.  haha. 

Thanks!

Comments

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

You can grab Torchlight 2 for 20 bucks and it's free to play. I know the population of the game in the lower difficulties has been lacking but it is still a great multiplayer game.

I'd also recommend checking out Age of Wushu. It doesn't release until February but it is gonna be awesome.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Bakkoda24

for 20 bucks and it's free to play.

What are the 20 bucks for then?

He means it is 20 bucks and no monthly fee. It's been a strange thing lately. I have a co-worker who calls Guild Wars 2 free to play because there is no monthly fee. I disagreed with him since you have to pay a box price, but he just scoffed at me and said it's free to play!

Ever since GW2 I've been noticing this trend. Anyways off topic! I like GW2 so wasn't bashing it, and I like Torch light 2 also! But my god I hate LoL. Anyways TL2 is definitely good bang for your buck for 20 bucks like the early post suggested.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

I love your thead title.

Do you need a Smite beta key?

PM me

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by cartermatic

Guys, I can't stop playing it. I desperately want to end the bashing of my head into windows in my house from sh*tty teammates. I have to find a new game to play. Idc what it is. I'm immersed in DayZ at the moment. but when i load up on some badass stuff and die. I cannot bring myself up to play it for a bit again. I feel like League of Legends is destroying the gamer in me by just making me rage all day and not appreciate the game itself. All I care about in that game is winning. I don't even play to have fun. It is like a job to me. I want to find the old gamer in me who could have a blast playing vanilla wow and zelda ocarina of time. But.. the only catch is that I like games with multiplayer. Ones that have some sort of skill based multiplayer also.  I used to be a semi proffessional CoD player but CoD is so burnt out on me. I dont mind trying any type of game as long as you guys think it is worth a try. Sorry for all the random kinda gibberish i just posted... but I think i'm going crazy.  haha. 

Thanks!

I've been there in FPS games and to a far lesser extent in DOTA in WC3.  If you're like me, it's better for your overall well being to avoid those types of games I'm afraid.  I've recently tried playing LoL but I knew enough not to go into PVP games.  At first I would suck and get verbally abused and later I would feel that other players suck.

Have you tried RTS or ARPG games?

I would advise against TL2 as it's really only a 40-60 hour game at best for a majority of players.  The number of people playing has fallen off a cliff, as expected.  The lack of closed servers or economy has a lot to do with it.

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    LoL is now what WoW was few years ago
  • cartermaticcartermatic Member Posts: 53

I have a smite key, thank you though. Idk what it is. Im thinking of buying Dishonored/ Halo 4/ XCOM. but idk. i dont want to waste money. and smite is too .. LoL like for me. it has the feel of like a wow arena ish thing with LoL style combat. im ridiculously good at it also.. (or was when iw as playing it constantly) Idk alot of ppl are psyched for the new CoD but i cant see for the love of god what is so good about it. The engine hasnt been updated/remade in like.. 4 years? i mean come on?! that screams cash crop to me... and halo 4 has completely new designers so thats scary too haha. Dishonored is single player only which is ok.. for one play through. I feel like XCOM wont compare to age of mythology/empires / SCII.  Man, i just have too many problems. hahaha. I tried PS2 but that also seems a bit slow. for my FPS's i like crisp clean quick combat. straight to the point. and mmo's. i like to be immersed in a world. gw2 doesnt make me feel like a boss at all. i can be level 80 and get roflstomped by a lvl 4 wild dolyak xD.  idk. I heard Rift has gotten surprisingly good lately. Maybe ill try that. Or buy Halo 4. 

Keep giving me game tips!! im open to all.

P.s. i'm scared to play torchlight because of how bad diablo was... and i was beyond stoked for that.

• cartermaticcartermatic Member Posts: 53
    what do you mean by this? WoW a few years ago was pretty good still. now i feel like im pre-school in that game. LoL's community is sooo bad tho. literally every game has a rager haha

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    From my LoL experience, you would have been hitting your head against the wall if I was your teammate.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    People act like complete dicks when they're on it?
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's been a good year for games
    Torchlight 2
    Xcom
    Dishonoured
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    People act like complete dicks when they're on it?

Word. I like the gameplay but I really don't enjoy the 'community' the game has.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Bakkoda24

for 20 bucks and it's free to play.

What are the 20 bucks for then?

You got me for not being clear enough, haha.

As someone else posted, it has a box price of twenty dollars but does not require a monthly fee to play.

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251
    Guess I should play it so I can finally finish cleaning up my garage.