Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Tears of RAGE

shadylurkershadylurker goodyear, AZPosts: 47Member

Not really.  I hadn't played this game in years.  While prowling MMORPG I saw a thread about ww2online.  Someone was complaining about player populations[mod edit].  But anyway, I decided to try out the free 2 play stuff....might I add, that you CRS people need to let old accounts play F2P  Or at least let the same Email register for a F2p account, so I had to go through like 3 emails to make sure I havent used one with them.  Carrying on...I get into the game.  Yea same crap Same Slow methodical game play...Until I realized something..[mod edit] Forward resupply units:  Awesome,  population limited AO's, DO's:  AMAZING.  Game breaking bugs?  WUT?   No more table humping?  Yes please.

Please CRS, More please.

Comments

  • depot12depot12 Reston, VAPosts: 156Member

    It's great that you like the game now.    It was 10,000 times better back in the day.  Too bad you will never know how much fun it was compared to today.

    Go sign up for a subscription then come back in 2 months and tell us what you think.

  • shadylurkershadylurker goodyear, AZPosts: 47Member
    Originally posted by depot12
    It's great that you like the game now.    It was 10,000 times better back in the day.  Too bad you will never know how much fun it was compared to today. Go sign up for a subscription then come back in 2 months and tell us what you think.

    Really? Beacause I have played the game off an on since release, the game is 20x better now. Your just bitter.  Sorry you dont have to waste half your day driving in an opel just to get blown up.

     

    And i did sign up, 9.99 per month until I cancel my sub due to the veteran pricing. 

     

    I'm curious what you found so fun about the game...say 2004ish?  The ONLY thing I can think of is 45 minute drives in a massive tank column.   

  • depot12depot12 Reston, VAPosts: 156Member
    Originally posted by shadylurker
    Originally posted by depot12
    It's great that you like the game now.    It was 10,000 times better back in the day.  Too bad you will never know how much fun it was compared to today. Go sign up for a subscription then come back in 2 months and tell us what you think.

    Really? Beacause I have played the game off an on since release, the game is 20x better now. Your just bitter.  Sorry you dont have to waste half your day driving in an opel just to get blown up.

     

    And i did sign up, 9.99 per month until I cancel my sub due to the veteran pricing. 

     

    I'm curious what you found so fun about the game...say 2004ish?  The ONLY thing I can think of is 45 minute drives in a massive tank column.   

     

    That's great you were able to sign up for $9.99.  I would reconsider leaving but I have been a Day 1 player so I only have the option of $12.99.   But anyhoo

    Yes it was better because that 45 minute tank column you actually got to know who the people were you were playing with and working together with them to win an objective. Today its all ADHD instant action herd everyone into one AO (until people start blinking out because of the collider then a new AO opens up...notice how they address the collider problem?)

    Its fine if you like it you are probably the script kiddie ADHD gamer that just wants to run and gun and then logs.  That's not what the game used to be about.   [mod edit]

     

  • shadylurkershadylurker goodyear, AZPosts: 47Member
    Originally posted by depot12
    Originally posted by shadylurker
    Originally posted by depot12
    It's great that you like the game now.    It was 10,000 times better back in the day.  Too bad you will never know how much fun it was compared to today. Go sign up for a subscription then come back in 2 months and tell us what you think.

    Really? Beacause I have played the game off an on since release, the game is 20x better now. Your just bitter.  Sorry you dont have to waste half your day driving in an opel just to get blown up.

     

    And i did sign up, 9.99 per month until I cancel my sub due to the veteran pricing. 

     

    I'm curious what you found so fun about the game...say 2004ish?  The ONLY thing I can think of is 45 minute drives in a massive tank column.   

     

    That's great you were able to sign up for $9.99.  I would reconsider leaving but I have been a Day 1 player so I only have the option of $12.99.   But anyhoo

    Yes it was better because that 45 minute tank column you actually got to know who the people were you were playing with and working together with them to win an objective. Today its all ADHD instant action herd everyone into one AO (until people start blinking out because of the collider then a new AO opens up...notice how they address the collider problem?)

    Its fine if you like it you are probably the script kiddie ADHD gamer that just wants to run and gun and then logs.  That's not what the game used to be about.   [mod edit]

     

     

    This is turning into the same argument as SWG.  SWG pre CU  was boring, and bleeding players  CU was way more entertaining.  But then Sony did the move that doomed them NGE (off topic).  Yet everyone says how great pre CU was, even though it was shitty for 90% of people and shitty for the company that couldnt keep players.  The same thing is happening here.  Yes Opel runs and tank columns were cool, They were cool for the first 2-6 times, then it was just repetitive garbage and players left.  Now the game is decently put together but you get a vocal minority claiming they killed it, when in reality it is a much better game for both squads and singles.  

    Why punish adults with adult responsibilities by catering to people claiming that CRS ruining the game by making it more accesible?  2% of the population cared about the stuff you're claiming they ruined, the other 98% left because the game sucked back then. No one wanted to drive one hour just to exploade from that golden BB except the very few.

     

    EDIT:  If you're day one you get 9.99 price plan for the new "unlimited" plan.  However I think if you have already taken advantage of that and unsubbed you lose it.

  • rendusrendus smyrna, TNPosts: 327Member
    Originally posted by shadylurker
    Originally posted by depot12
    Originally posted by shadylurker
    Originally posted by depot12
    It's great that you like the game now.    It was 10,000 times better back in the day.  Too bad you will never know how much fun it was compared to today. Go sign up for a subscription then come back in 2 months and tell us what you think.

    Really? Beacause I have played the game off an on since release, the game is 20x better now. Your just bitter.  Sorry you dont have to waste half your day driving in an opel just to get blown up.

     

    And i did sign up, 9.99 per month until I cancel my sub due to the veteran pricing. 

     

    I'm curious what you found so fun about the game...say 2004ish?  The ONLY thing I can think of is 45 minute drives in a massive tank column.   

     

    That's great you were able to sign up for $9.99.  I would reconsider leaving but I have been a Day 1 player so I only have the option of $12.99.   But anyhoo

    Yes it was better because that 45 minute tank column you actually got to know who the people were you were playing with and working together with them to win an objective. Today its all ADHD instant action herd everyone into one AO (until people start blinking out because of the collider then a new AO opens up...notice how they address the collider problem?)

    Its fine if you like it you are probably the script kiddie ADHD gamer that just wants to run and gun and then logs.  That's not what the game used to be about.   [mod edit]

     

     

     Yet everyone says how great pre CU was, even though it was shitty for 90% of people and shitty for the company that couldnt keep players.  The same thing is happening here.  Yes Opel runs and tank columns were cool, They were cool for the first 2-6 times, then it was just repetitive garbage and players left.  Now the game is decently put together but you get a vocal minority claiming they killed it, when in reality it is a much better game for both squads and singles.  

    Why punish adults with adult responsibilities by catering to people claiming that CRS ruining the game by making it more accesible?  2% of the population cared about the stuff you're claiming they ruined, the other 98% left because the game sucked back then. No one wanted to drive one hour just to exploade from that golden BB except the very few.

    It's amazing, back in the days of opel runs, and tank columns there were a heck of a lot more people playing.  By your logic the 98% of the people who left should be rushing back since the game is now "decently put together"  Where are they?

     

  • david06david06 Chantilly, VAPosts: 183Member


    Originally posted by shadylurker
    This is turning into the same argument as SWG. SWG pre CU was boring, and bleeding players CU was way more entertaining. But then Sony did the move that doomed them NGE (off topic). Yet everyone says how great pre CU was, even though it was shitty for 90% of people and shitty for the company that couldnt keep players. The same thing is happening here. Yes Opel runs and tank columns were cool, They were cool for the first 2-6 times, then it was just repetitive garbage and players left. Now the game is decently put together but you get a vocal minority claiming they killed it, when in reality it is a much better game for both squads and singles. Why punish adults with adult responsibilities by catering to people claiming that CRS ruining the game by making it more accesible? 2% of the population cared about the stuff you're claiming they ruined, the other 98% left because the game sucked back then. No one wanted to drive one hour just to exploade from that golden BB except the very few. EDIT: If you're day one you get 9.99 price plan for the new "unlimited" plan. However I think if you have already taken advantage of that and unsubbed you lose it.

    They've had truck-based infantry spawn points since I started playing in 2008. Since 1.31 I think, they've gotten rid of table-humping and added depot capture. I don't even have a reference for the "good old days" of 2005 let alone 2001; there are a bunch of bad decisions they've made since then.

    -They got rid "mobile spawn points", infantry spawn points that had to be placed by a truck and replaced them with "field reinforcement units", which similar except that they were placed by trucks or infantrymen. This was a great move and really improved fighting...

    ...however, after one campaign they took the FRU and put in a 10 minute rebuild timer based on some assinine thinking that it took 10 minutes to drive a truck from a forward base. This is nonsense as people from the allied high command flat out admitted that they threatened to mass unsub if something wasn't done about FRUs, as there was too much fighting. That's not hyperbole, they explicitly said that there was too much fighting and it was all close around towns(as if fights before were all in the countryside). There were 2-3 allied players/squad leaders making about five threads a day talking about how FRUs ruined gameplay, "have fun fighting the AI", etc.

    Basically CRS made some great decisions to improve the pace of combat, but since one faction quite literally hates infantry they resist anything that might allow more action. CRS also said implicitly that losing the players in time zone 3 is a worthy sacrifice if it keeps the players from "US prime" subscribed. So there's a long list of recent foul-ups and it doesn't take some grizzled veteran from 2001 to see them.

    Anway area capture is great but it takes 8+ minutes for a single person to capure a depot and even if you have five or so guys everyone is still staring at each other for a few minutes. All CRS would have to do is change a few database entries to bring timers down to sane levels, but they either don't care or are that disconnected that they don't see an issue.


  • ZbusZbus shelby, NCPosts: 116Member

    Hmm lets see both SWG pre CU/NGE and WW2online where built as open  sandbox worlds that allowed the player the ability to create the action for the game. Both had decent populations much better than todays granted SWG bit the dust. And last but not least both games lost huge amounts of players moveing to the new systems of play.

    Now for what killed both of them. First SWG for droping those 32 diffrent class builds and non-leveling based play for a wow clone ripoff that boxed the players into a few classes and way less sandbox. And for WW2 online for removeing the squads and forceing HC/AO/TOE which killed any player driven action and funneled players into a box where every fight is a frontal assault grind feast.

    I could add in fairy dust teleporting supply and stargates to cater to the ADD crowd  but why bother  its real simple to see the problem if you are looking for it hint hint CRS.Dont remove the sand from the sandbox  cause once you do you kill the player driven action/leadership and are left with just a box which does nothing but wall players game exp.in on 4 sides and kills your subsciber base.  

  • HodoHodo Raeford, NCPosts: 542Member

    SWG pre CU was a great game, expecially when they had perma-death for Jedi.  

     

    But thats a different subject all together.

     

    WWIIOL has improved in someways but lost its sim qualities in others.   It has become a big, not so great, BF2. 

    So much crap, so little quality.

  • depot12depot12 Reston, VAPosts: 156Member
    Originally posted by Hodo
     It has become a big, not so great, BF2. 

  • bmw66bmw66 NJPosts: 127Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by rendus
    Originally posted by shadylurker
    Originally posted by depot12
    Originally posted by shadylurker
    Originally posted by depot12
    It's great that you like the game now.    It was 10,000 times better back in the day.  Too bad you will never know how much fun it was compared to today. Go sign up for a subscription then come back in 2 months and tell us what you think.

    Really? Beacause I have played the game off an on since release, the game is 20x better now. Your just bitter.  Sorry you dont have to waste half your day driving in an opel just to get blown up.

     

    And i did sign up, 9.99 per month until I cancel my sub due to the veteran pricing. 

     

    I'm curious what you found so fun about the game...say 2004ish?  The ONLY thing I can think of is 45 minute drives in a massive tank column.   

     

    That's great you were able to sign up for $9.99.  I would reconsider leaving but I have been a Day 1 player so I only have the option of $12.99.   But anyhoo

    Yes it was better because that 45 minute tank column you actually got to know who the people were you were playing with and working together with them to win an objective. Today its all ADHD instant action herd everyone into one AO (until people start blinking out because of the collider then a new AO opens up...notice how they address the collider problem?)

    Its fine if you like it you are probably the script kiddie ADHD gamer that just wants to run and gun and then logs.  That's not what the game used to be about.   [mod edit]

     

     

     Yet everyone says how great pre CU was, even though it was shitty for 90% of people and shitty for the company that couldnt keep players.  The same thing is happening here.  Yes Opel runs and tank columns were cool, They were cool for the first 2-6 times, then it was just repetitive garbage and players left.  Now the game is decently put together but you get a vocal minority claiming they killed it, when in reality it is a much better game for both squads and singles.  

    Why punish adults with adult responsibilities by catering to people claiming that CRS ruining the game by making it more accesible?  2% of the population cared about the stuff you're claiming they ruined, the other 98% left because the game sucked back then. No one wanted to drive one hour just to exploade from that golden BB except the very few.

    It's amazing, back in the days of opel runs, and tank columns there were a heck of a lot more people playing.  By your logic the 98% of the people who left should be rushing back since the game is now "decently put together"  Where are they?

     

     

    hell ya nothing like the good ole days. Opel runs and tank columns.  Nothing like knowing there would be a resupply run and hopping in a Stuka with a couple of squaddies and bombing the hell out of them.

    Game was great back then.  I quit years ago when the winds of change pushed it in a different direction.  Wont ever return due to the fact thatits just plain old dissapointing.

  • depot12depot12 Reston, VAPosts: 156Member
    WWIIOL is dead.  Long live FRU's, RPATs, TOE, RA and 3rd person tanking.       This used to be one of the greatest tanking games and even that is RUINED.
Sign In or Register to comment.