Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] The Elder Scrolls Online: Megaservers vs. The Elder Scrolls

13»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Nice column. I never had a problem with instancing, but phasing bothered me. Lot of "ifs" about this one.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by reillan
    So my preferences: I only want to group with single ladies between the ages of 18 and 29.  Make it happen, Elder Scrolls.

15-20 for me my boy! Still funny, but goodness, why not?! :D Haha!

Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• Nzscorpion80Nzscorpion80 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    I just wonder about world/server immersion but mainly the PVP zone, so it means theres like 5-6 instances of cyrodil going on, & if one instance is losing I just hope to one that is winning? I doubt one instance of cyrodil will handle all the players. So really any server pride/meaning is gone, pve wouldnt matter as much with instances. Any1 know about the pvp side?
  • jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598
    If you are talking about a tight knit group of 5 people who are only friends with each other then it should work.  The problem is that isn't really how relationships work.  If you could map out facebook relationships and look at it, circles that were completely isolated are incredibly rare if they exist at all.  Assuming instances have size caps you always have to exclude somebodies friends, because these friends and relationships chain out so widely.  Now if you are letting players create and define their own instances that would be interesting however an automated system that does that for the player is always going to be great when it works but lousy for the player cut off from half of his friends.