Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thieves Guild, Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, Dark Brotherhood and etc.

nate1980nate1980 Evans, GAPosts: 1,829Member

Do you think TESO will be TES without the abiity to join those familiar guilds and climb to the top like you can in every TES game?

I have my doubts about this game, mostly because what made TES games great for me doesn't seem feasible in a MMORPG. Such as being able to kill whoever you want, whenever you want. Good and Bad NPC's alike. Owning a home. Free form skill system. Vampires and Werewolves. 

Just seems like TESO will be sacrificing too much of the good to make money off of the MMO genre. All fine and good if they continue to make single player sequels, but bad if my fears are realized.

• immodiumimmodium ManchesterPosts: 1,618Member Uncommon
    How would it work? IMO there would have to be a restriction on how many people can join the guilds. If any Tom, Dick and Harry can join the Thieves Guild and Dark Brootherhood it would really kill the immersion for me.

• muffins89muffins89 Yakima, WAPosts: 1,350Member Uncommon

they will be in the game. 

• PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,939Member Uncommon
    Of course, faction rep grind? Of course!
  • deakondeakon birminghamPosts: 583Member

The mages and fighters are in, you get daedric quests for the fighters and collecting books unlocks quests for the mages

I've read the thieves guild and dark brotherhood are planned for after launch tho :(

• adam_noxadam_nox hays, KSPosts: 2,036Member Uncommon
    what would be cool is if your guild could be a branch of one of these major factions, that would solve some issues with whether or not you could climb in ranks, you'd have to do it for real.  The faction could give your guild a quest that requires some coordination and maybe a bit of grind, and your branches standing could go up within the faction.