Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So apparently I sleepwalk...

My grandmother informed me today that apparently I was awake at around 3 AM in the morning, around the same time she was going to use the bathroom. She tried to get a response, but apparently I just grunted. After she comes out of the bathroom, I had apparently decided to go back to my bed.

How do I know I was sleepwalking, besides my grandmother informing me? I had no recollection of ever getting up at 3 AM, or even leaving my room after 1:30 AM.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Roughly several months back, I woke up on the toilet at 4 AM, with both of my socks on for some reason.

You are probably wondering what is the point of this topic by this point, since it just seems like I'm posting something that would be better fitting for a status update or random thought.

Well, first off, is there anyway to keep my sleepwalking to a minimum?

That's the slightly serious question.

The second one is: what are your sleepwalking experiences? Anything funny, morbid, gross, or just plain odd?

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I can't sleep in a bed with another person because I move.  If I am dreaming I am fighitng, I punch and kick.  Would be terrible to injure someone because of sleeping habits.  Also sometimes I sprain my neck when I sleep.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

My brother does sleep walking combined with nightmares/night terrors.   Screaming, hiding in corners, running, and similar.

Got so used to it growing up(shared room when younger) that when at somewhere like grandparents the whole house would be up while I slept.

_________

When I've slept with people I've given them black eyes and pushed them out of bed and similar.   It was pretty embarassing.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383
    You may not be a sleepwalker from something like this. I've found myself in bed a few times after falling asleep on the couch with absolutely no memory or how I got there.  Sometimes, when you do something basic like walking across the hall to your room or going to the bathroom while still half asleep, you just don't remember it the next morning. Doesn't mean you weren't mostly conscious when you were doing it.

• WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Years ago I would sleepwalk in times of stress, or in the years I drank , when I fell asleep drunk.

See the world and all within it.
    Live a lifetime in every minute.