Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Raid rewards

rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

Would you be more inclined to participate in raid content if the content was more community based than personal equipment based?

A community based example would be doing a raid to collect a giant jewel that could be used by guild crafters to build a teleporter in the guild hall. the best equipment for players would come from crafters/dungeons and not raids. Raid mobs could drop equivilent items but not better items than would be attainable elsewhere for personal characters.

A personal based example would be what we have now where you do the raid and get personal items for a select few on the raid. The best equipment would come from raids and some equipment would require crafting to complete the item gained on the raid. Generally crafting and dungeons would offer infenior items.

Comments

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    all items BoE even the rewards
    fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

I think raids should have best personal gear rewards.

Voting does not want to work right now.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

I do raids cos I want to see the content and try to kill the boss.

Once completed, I have no interest in grinding for gear or gear skin. 

I like to play games not work for pixel stuff. 

I would rather play other games than do 100 x of raids.

I am becoming SPRG gamer lol.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Nether or both.

Raid should have rewards for your faction instead of personal and guild only rewards.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Why not both? I really can't elaborate more on this, I enjoy it giving personal AND guild rewards. Something you can show off for being part of a group even if you might not be with them anymore and something for the guild to show they stood united.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Just sticking to games without raids from now on.

Well raids in that sense, I'm cool with the gw2 / daoc / coh style "raids"
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    havent really been all that keen on raiding since stopped playing EQ, couldnt really get into it in WoW either, so without some kind of real incentive to do it, ie, personal rewards being significant enough to provide a big enough 'carrot' i'd be extremely unlikely to participate.image
  • stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448
    Best gear is crafted. Raids give recipes and materials and enhancements for crafting. All gear is tradeable and degrades with limited repair capability.
  • ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Of the two, I definitely think the raid giving guild rewards is the best option.
  • 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

Ouch. Uhm.. Neither.

Raiding isn't the ideal way I like to spend time in a MMO anyway so maybe it's not fair for me to want in on the poll.

a yo ho ho

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Raids should be an option of gear and there should be multiple options.  As in PvP, challenging dungeons, crafting where one needed to go to great lengths to craft but all would have the relaitve item value reward.  The whole "hope the boss drops my gear and I win the roll" for the 100th time on the same boss gets old real quick.

... and no, raids do not offer any sort of improved or higher quality teamwork than some PvP or dungeon encounters.  Best items in raids only serve epeens, drama, and a repetitive "Raid or Die" mentality of a game and other aspects of the game suffers.

• SimphanaticSimphanatic Member Posts: 92

Most definitely -- raid loot should go to guild.

1. Raid-derived gear degrades crafting and economic systems
    2. When loot goes to guilds vice individuals it eliminates all perception of unfairness ... the old need vs greed argument
  • rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035
    Originally posted by Simphanatic

Most definitely -- raid loot should go to guild.

1. Raid-derived gear degrades crafting, PVP and economic systems
    2. When loot goes to guilds vice individuals it eliminates all perception of unfairness ... the old need vs greed argument

that is my thought as well. We see what everyone else thinks!

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by stevebmbsqd
    Best gear is crafted. Raids give recipes and materials and enhancements for crafting. All gear is tradeable and degrades with limited repair capability.

What a lame reward for your efforts. And even if I got some recipies or materials, I wouldn't sell them to create business for someone else, I would craft my own items or have my own crafting alt.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by rungard

Would you be more inclined to participate in raid content if the content was...

Absolutely and utterly NOTHING would EVER make me inclined to participate in a raid.

Ever.

• GrochieGrochie Member Posts: 11

I am not opposed to raiding,  I just dislike the way raiding becomes the only or the most favoured progression path.  I am also not that keen, that it feels very contrived,  a limited number of people going and doing the same scripted events every week until they have what they need to then do the next scripted event.

Although my raid experince is limited to pre-tbc WoW, where I had some teenager screaming obscenties at me because I wasn't standing exactly where he told me to stand.  An some EQ before the limited raid numbers (70 ppl IIRC)

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I dont do raids, I think its a silly feature and non conducive to good game play.

I have never read a fantasy novel, or watched a fantasy movie where the action came from a small group of intrepid adventurers and as such I feel small groups should always be the perennial content in an MMO.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
         I gave up on playing the current raid game..  I play to have fun and this esport epeen raid design today saddens me..  I prefer raids to be community and guild objectives, not used for personal epeen rewards.. I'm currently playing GW2 and enjoying the open world boss encounters..  Most fun I've had since my EQ days of ToV..  After ToV I gave up as I did not like the direction SOE was going with unlocking tiering.. That tore the community and guilds apart..
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by rungard

Would you be more inclined to participate in raid content if the content was more community based than personal equipment based?

A community based example would be doing a raid to collect a giant jewel that could be used by guild crafters to build a teleporter in the guild hall. the best equipment for players would come from crafters/dungeons and not raids. Raid mobs could drop equivilent items but not better items than would be attainable elsewhere for personal characters.

A personal based example would be what we have now where you do the raid and get personal items for a select few on the raid. The best equipment would come from raids and some equipment would require crafting to complete the item gained on the raid. Generally crafting and dungeons would offer infenior items.

Nope. I am not playing games for the "community".

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

Just ingame currency.. and a lot of it.

With that you can do whatever you want with it. Build up guild stuff, buy some personal stuff or whatever.

Why in hell should something specific drop at raids? So you have to play every  raid x-times? No. seriously not.

Let all items come from crafters, let be trading a game of it own within the game.

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861
    Originally posted by Apraxis

Just ingame currency.. and a lot of it.

With that you can do whatever you want with it. Build up guild stuff, buy some personal stuff or whatever.

Why in hell should something specific drop at raids? So you have to play every  raid x-times? No. seriously not.

Let all items come from crafters, let be trading a game of it own within the game.

I would prefer not to have raids in my game at all but if they are there this is the best option.  Just let raids result in a truckload of in-game money which can then be used to buy stuff.

Of course I feel obligated to spell things out on the off chance that a dev might read this.  This is only a good option if money can also be obtained in other ways as well.  I could just see some idiot developer completely missing the point and making raiding the only way to get currency to buy stuff.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Both. I love the raids in LOTRO that drop housing decorations. They can't be obtained anywhere else and work on personal or kinship (guild) houses. Nice status items and fun to get.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
         The more rewards the better: Self, Guild, Race, faction, whatever.....
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

This all day every day. The high end mats used for crafting should come from raids. nothing else. mob armor piece or poison fangs or dragon scales. crafting mats only.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Quirhid

What a lame reward for your efforts. And even if I got some recipies or materials, I wouldn't sell them to create business for someone else, I would craft my own items or have my own crafting alt.

Is this the quintessential solo player mind set. Take what you want from that statement.