Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you stand by your score rating of GW2 ?

Comments

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464
    Pretty pointless thread since you can go back and check the rating to see if anything changed don't you think? Unless of course you want to convince yourself about something...
  • ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Why do you care OP. You have made your dislike of the game more than abundantly clear. Do you have a need to feel some kind of justification for your attitude or something?

Why not do it for TSW instead. 

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

The rating is still the same for me.

It is still way better than any other MMO that I had played before.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Connmacart

Why do you care OP. You have made your dislike of the game more than abundantly clear. Do you have a need to feel some kind of justification for your attitude or something?

+1 hit the nail on the head again

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

2.1 Harsh I know, but truthfully its what I feel. Really taking a look and being honest with myself it made me change things up.

To be fair, I am harsh on games so my 2.1 would probably be more like a 4.2 for more normal people reviewing a game though so in that way, its not as bad, but stil weak in performance. More playable then some iffy F2P games but not something I'd brag to friends about. 

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Purutzil

2.1 Harsh I know, but truthfully its what I feel. Really taking a look and being honest with myself it made me change things up.

To be fair, I am harsh on games so my 2.1 would probably be more like a 4.2 for more normal people reviewing a game though so in that way, its not as bad, but stil weak in performance. More playable then some iffy F2P games but not something I'd brag to friends about. 

curious though as you said you got a refund so the game now owes you nothing as all the money spent as been returned.. you have nothing to discuss about game mechanics and how to make them better because you think the game is garbage but basically are here just to rag on a game that gave you a full refund.. 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I love threads like these lol
  • QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

Well, this is a public forum.  Hating something and not caring about something are very different outlooks.  Posting your opinions, whether they are "negative" or "positive" is a form of entertainment in a sense (if it wasn't why would any of us), so it really doesn't matter if he has made his dislike of the game abundantly clear.  If he came here everyday for multiple hours, then I could see logic in avoiding a forum of a game you disliked, because then you're using these forums in a different context.  I don't think that is the case though, so what is wrong with his actions.

Essentially, you are just annoyed that he doesn't share your views....right?

Originally posted by QuicklyScott

Well, this is a public forum.  Hating something and not caring about something are very different outlooks.  Posting your opinions, whether they are "negative" or "positive" is a form of entertainment in a sense (if it wasn't why would any of us), so it really doesn't matter if he has made his dislike of the game abundantly clear.  If he came here everyday for multiple hours, then I could see logic in avoiding a forum of a game you disliked, because then you're using these forums in a different context.  I don't think that is the case though, so what is wrong with his actions.

if you can't see the difference between someone not having the same opinion or not liking a game and straight trolling.. then.. well i dunno

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

I gave it an honest 7 before and still feel it is.

PS. I should had mentioned I really disliked the game.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Purutzil

curious though as you said you got a refund so the game now owes you nothing as all the money spent as been returned.. you have nothing to discuss about game mechanics and how to make them better because you think the game is garbage but basically are here just to rag on a game that gave you a full refund.. 

Sure, in exchange you can stop your fanboy rants and the word can be better place with one less 'hater' and one less 'fanboy' preeching in the section right? 

Which in all fairness to us both, I do post legitament complaints and I can point out posatives in the game (just a lot less ) and I have seen you (though rarely) mention actually flaws for the game before so we aren't exactly the worst when it comes to each 'title' but we both are probably much too flawed to really be able to add worthwild input. Complain all you want about me but we are practically 2 people on the opposite side of the same coin right now and neither of us can really be considered a good judge for the game.

• the_stickmanthe_stickman Member UncommonPosts: 34
    GW2 is a beautiful game.  But I don't feel compelled to do much of anything in it.  PvP is zerg left, zerg right as is WvW.  <shrug> Wish they had made a demo so I wouldn't have wasted so much $$$.

I didn't know you were a psychologist.  Conmacart asked a valid question... though they didn't employ a question mark (? <----- there, they can borrow one of mine).  There's actually more evidence to support that people are hating on something rather than "not caring" about it when they make constant posts and threads about how bad it is (like the OP), based on the human psychology of triggering a high when you fight for your "team" (detailed in a thread I posted in the general forums).  Same goes for GW2 fans.

Part of that high comes from seeing a bunch of people agree with you.  It's the entire mechanic behind forum warfare and arguments about one game being better than another.

if you can't see the difference between someone not having the same opinion or not liking a game and straight trolling.. then.. well i dunno

Doesn't look like trolling to me.  I'm obviously too stupid -  I can't tell the difference.  Maybe you define trolling differently.

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Well you don't actually play the game at all anymore so you can't really be considered a judge at all now.  Maybe the game as it was at launch, but with every update and change your pespective really becomes less relevant because it's not the current one.

this and the fact said people have already stated game is complete trash.. so basically there is no discussion there is no talking about features that could use improvement or things they could add to improve the game.. to me this is posting excessive negative comments toward a game which is in fact trolling according to these forums.. but anyways back to the mad king realm place is really amazing looking..

Doesn't look like trolling to me.  I'm obviously too stupid -  I can't tell the difference.  Maybe you define trolling differently.

im going off the mmorpg.com definition of trolling

Trolling

• Posting excessive negative comments or baiting others to respond in a negative manner is considered trolling on the MMORPG.com forums.
      For example: If there is one game that you did not enjoy, voicing your opinion is encouraged. Posting this opinion in every thread concerning that game to the point that it disrupts all other conversation is not tolerated.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

I think you would make for a terrible psychiatrist

No one said you're stupid.  Intelligence has nothing to do with it.  You don't see it as trolling because you're not the target.

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297

Well you don't actually play the game at all anymore so you can't really be considered a judge at all now.  Maybe the game as it was at launch, but with every update and change your pespective really becomes less relevant because it's not the current one.

this and the fact said people have already stated game is complete trash.. so basically there is no discussion there is no talking about features that could use improvement or things they could add to improve the game.. to me this is posting excessive negative comments toward a game which is in fact trolling according to these forums.. but anyways back to the mad king realm place is really amazing looking..

Throwing stones ni a house made out of glass much?  You're accusing others of doing exactly what you've done in the SWTOR, TSW and TERA forums. 

Getting to the OP, your poll is poorly constructed.  The poll assumes that most everyone game it a top fantasy review.  While it is a fairly safe asumtion to make it answers very little.  For example, it took me under 1 week to reach the exact same conclusions as others are now fessing up to so I reviwed the game accordingly.  It was not a positive review and I wouldn't change it. 

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

pathetic attempts at trolling are pathetic. some people still can't get over the fact that we finally got a quality mmo after all those years. it may not be for everyone, but by god it's quality.

i don't know if it's simple normalcy bias after all those dreadful years (better the awful status quo i do know than the terrible unknown, even if its good) or yer tinfoil hat shillling.

jeez, yes, i do stand by my pretty high marks for the game. i do find my initial initial enthusiasm vaning somewhat, but i'm not confusing the normal longevity of a games cycle with some irrational "hatred." jeez, it's a great quality game with shitloads of content which isn't trying to turn me into a zombie. in fact, i'll probably go and raise my rating a bit...

im going off the mmorpg.com definition of trolling

Trolling

• Posting excessive negative comments or baiting others to respond in a negative manner is considered trolling on the MMORPG.com forums.
      For example: If there is one game that you did not enjoy, voicing your opinion is encouraged. Posting this opinion in every thread concerning that game to the point that it disrupts all other conversation is not tolerated.

Ok then, disregard any posts from any other thread he's been in. I'm looking at this from a perspective of not knowing if he has an "agenda".  Read the OP, I really don't think it falls into that definition.  I mean, if it did, wouldn't he have been moderated by now?

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

I haven't rated it yet.  I'm waiting to hit 80 and get to Orr, finish my personal story and do a little more sPvP and WvWvW.

But, so far, I'd give it at least a 9 as it is the best video game I've ever played.  I personally haven't had to deal with customer service yet, but from what I've seen, the major issues with customer service seem to be few in relative number.

There are some definite issues with the game atm, some of which are being addressed (or have been promised to be addressed) and some are just game mechanics/features that I just personally don't care for.  But, no game is perfect and I don't expect it to be.

As for the value.  How much more value do you need?  A AAA MMO that is B2P with a fairly useless CS.  Yes, it's fairly useless unless you are ADD boy who needs everything RIGHT NOW!  And don't want to just play the game.  However, that may just be me.  I tend to not use the CS in any game and don't mind a little extra work for something, or a little sacrifice if I don't think an item is worthe the work needed.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

Originally posted by Reas43

Throwing stones ni a house made out of glass much?  You're accusing others of doing exactly what you've done in the SWTOR, TSW and TERA forums. 

Getting to the OP, your poll is poorly constructed.  The poll assumes that most everyone game it a top fantasy review.  While it is a fairly safe asumtion to make it answers very little.  For example, it took me under 1 week to reach the exact same conclusions as others are now fessing up to so I reviwed the game accordingly.  It was not a positive review and I wouldn't change it. 

show me were i did this and called any of those games straight garbage? and when have I repeatedly gone into those forums to bash the game? I haven't i have expressed my opinion on a couple topics and that's about it..

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

The problem I have is that for a site called "MMORPG.COM", there should only be MMOPRGs listed here.

That said, titles like GW2, GW1, D3, Torchlight 1/2, etc should not be listed and/or given a rating on this site.  It's like reading a review for a theatrical production in the movie reviews.  It lends to confusion and just misleads the reader. 

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by grimal

The problem I have is that for a site called "MMORPG.COM", there should only be MMOPRGs listed here.

That said, titles like GW2, GW1, D3, Torchlight 1/2, etc should not be listed and/or given a rating on this site.  It's like reading a review for a theatrical production in the movie reviews.  It lends to confusion and just misleads the reader. 

Except that GW2 is an MMORPG.  This is my confused face.  :-

This is where you and I disagree. :(