Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

please help - i want to change starting location

cynical897cynical897 bailey, COPosts: 2Member

hello,

i have very little experience with this game.  i am a newb to vanguard,.

me and my friend are going to be playing this game and i need your help in the best way i can move a level 1 half elf from 

shang village on the continent kojan  to  tursh on the continent thestra.  the reason why is that i really want to be a half elf

but i dislike the starter area for kojan.  

i took a look at tursh and it looks alot more my style.  

is this even possible for a half elf to use starter quests from tursh/thestra?  and if it is possible i need help to get there because

i dont know the world of vanguard at all, and when i explore with my newb half elf i die alot.  please help

also i have another question,  does it make alot of diference which race you chose with a class, because i want to be a shaman

but the recomended stats dont line up very well with half elf.

thanks

Comments

• f0dell54f0dell54 Des Moines, IAPosts: 329Member
    Originally posted by cynical897

hello,

me and my friend are going to be playing this game and i need your help in the best way i can move a level 1 half elf from 

shang village on the continent kojan  to  tursh on the continent thestra.  the reason why is that i really want to be a half elf

is this even possible for a half elf to use starter quests from tursh/thestra?  and if it is possible i need help to get there because

i dont know the world of vanguard at all, and when i explore with my newb half elf i die alot.  please help

also i have another question,  does it make alot of diference which race you chose with a class, because i want to be a shaman

thanks

Race doesn't make much a difference in the scheme of things; it is more cosmetic then not. VG is a highly gear dependent game and because of that stats will balance out. Basically play what class and race you like. Your best bet is just to roll a new character in Tursh/Thestra. If you really want to be a Half Elf I would just level for 20 or levels and buy a race change potion for a few bucks.

Problem solved, problem staying solved.

• csthaocsthao Saint Paul, MNPosts: 1,111Member
    Originally posted by f0dell54
    Originally posted by cynical897

hello,

thanks

Race doesn't make much a difference in the scheme of things. Your best bet is just to roll a new character in Tursh/Thestra. If you really want to be a Half Elf I would just level a for 20 or levels and buy a race change potion for a few bucks.

Problem solved, problem staying solved.

Half Elves were not meant to be played as a shaman because when Vanguard first launched the class was never an option for the Half elf race. But once you level up, you can add the attribute points into whatever stat you want. Choosing a race DEFINITELY plays a major role for which class you choose. Some racial abilities just works better to your advantage.

Say for example, a Vulmane or Goblin's racial ability. The vulmane's racial ability gives you 25% HP of the TOTAL damage done to a monster by your group. Or the Goblin's racial ability curses the monster and any damage dealt to it by your group will return 25-50% (?) HP back to them. The durations are approximately 30 seconds.

And to answer your other question, if you really want to play a half elf shaman, just go through the beginning, and when you arrive in your main city which would be Caiel Brell (?) as a Half Elf. Run your guy north over to Tanvu, and you will find a Rift stone. Use the rift stone and teleport to either Three Rivers (recommended) or Renton Keep rent a griffon and fly on over to Tursh.

FYI, I don't know or can't confirm for sure, but since the launch of F2P, I think when you play any Kojani race you'll eventually end up in Tanvu once you finish up the tutorial of being a soldier for the "evil" side.

I would highly recommend you reconsider your race to play as a shaman, again some racial abilities are extremely useful in certain situations. Orc, Vulmane, Goblin would have been my choices as a shaman class, just because it's like a free heal to yourself and your party when things go bad and you have to focus more on healing the tank while your dot's do the damage to heal yourself. But I really can't remember what the half elf's racial ability is though, I'll have to look it up.

• cynical897cynical897 bailey, COPosts: 2Member

thanks for the reply both of you.

i will take what you say into consideration