Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Review in Progress Week 4 – Dungeons

2»

Comments

• jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598
    Originally posted by Ashar1972

Came back for a bit of nostalgia, and to get back in regular contact with Guildies. I have found this expansion to be lacking in interest, the dungeons fairly meaningless, overall fairly boring. I like the cartoon-style graphics of WoW, but overall the game feels like it is passed it's "used by" date. I know that is not the story for millions of other people, and I'm really glad they are happy with this expansion. I quit Cata after two weeks, so quitting MoP after probably  almost 2 monhs should be something of a compliment ;)

On a different note, after reconnecting with a group of childhood friends who are table-topping, I asked why they didn't play MMOs - the answer was very similar between them "Why pay to grind, why grind at all?" Food for devs' thoughts.

MMOs will never be able to compete with table top games because in a table top game you are only limited by the imagination of the DM.  In an MMO since you don't have that they try to keep you busy with a grind, sometimes the grind is disguised better than others though.

I personally am enjoying MoP at the moment, even though there are bits I don't care for.  As much as I love running dungeons there isn't really much reason to.  JP is worthless, you cap valor faster doing dailies, and those all give rep which you need to actually spend the valor.