It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I've been a FF fan since FF1 back in 1987. But have not played FFXI or the old FFXIV. I have been following XIV ARR somewhat and have seen a few videos but cant really place my finger on the combat. Open to opinions and other peoples views who may have more insight than I could find.
About me, Im a fan of the hotkey/tab target combat. Dont like the 'action-y' combat on GW2. Moves to fast for me to enjoy the RPG aspects. My specific questions:
Is it tab target?
Am I rooted when fighting? Or can I move freely?
Other questions I had:
- What is max level? (if its known)
- Will I be able to explore the world or will it be 'focused' like WoW - where they send you to specific locations with no real value looking outside of the quest?
- Will I be able to craft weapons/armor/bags equivalent to what I could by at a said level? I would love to have the ability to make better weapons than buying them
- Do you have the ability of mulitple jobs? Or is it class restrictive (Ok with class restriction as gives me a challenge to grow my character with restraints).
- Do enemies level scale? Or can I go back to a low level and dominate the mobs?
- is the world zoned? Or open like Vanguard?
- Does the game have the concept of 'raid' end-game? Never raided before but getting more interested the longer I play MMOs.
- Can you swim?
- Can you ride boats / ships to other areas? Hoping/assuming they will have airships! (at least at some point).
Not looking for exact answers as I know the game is just being talked about now... but definitely interested in others thoughts.