Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you return to SW:TOR?

ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

With the current FTP model, will you be making a return to the game once FTP releases?  (or try the game if you never played before)

• If you will be returning, what will you be doing while playing?  Raiding, Storyline, PvP?
  • If you will not be returning, what about the game is turning you away?

Comments

• altair4altair4 Member Posts: 158
    I thought I was returning, but the shop is getting absurd now. If you can't even trade with other players without paying it is extremely unlikely I will play it again with a friend like I planned. Wish they would just close the game down. If i had to chose between this game running and a new Star Wars MMO in 5y or closing this game down and no new Star Wars MMO in at least 10y I would chose the latter. They really need to get this game out of reality.
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

I will answer your question with a question.

Will they be paying me to return?

Everything is keeping me away.  Worst WoW clone I have played to date.  And since I don't care for WoW I definitely do not like the worst clone of them all.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by altair4
    I thought I was returning, but the shop is getting absurd now. If you can't even trade with other players without paying it is extremely unlikely I will play it again with a friend like I planned. Wish they would just close the game down. If i had to chose between this game running and a new Star Wars MMO in 5y or closing this game down and no new Star Wars MMO in at least 10y I would chose the latter. They really need to get this game out of reality.

.. adding to this ..

.. And never give a Star Wars license to EA.  The end.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Nebula131Nebula131 Member Posts: 22

i wanted to return, even as a sub...bought one month that is still going 1 1/2 weeks or so.

but with this shop model? no.. sorry for bioware but EA messed this up bigtime.

patched LotRO yesterday and getting back into the finest community there is (even with a bad customer support). let's just see if that can keep me. it did once for a long time.

• altair4altair4 Member Posts: 158
    Lmao I just saw that info about only one quickbar. The game has way too many spells to start with, now they want F2P players to only have one quickbar. Ye there is no way I'll ever play this again now.
  • BrotherDBrotherD Member Posts: 52
    No. There was a little hope with F2P but then the made the dumbest F2P model ever.

Currently playing: AoC, RIFT, Champions Online, DDO, LORTO, STO and Tribes: Ascend
    Have Played: TSW, SWG, AO, EVE, WOW, EQ, EQ2, SW:TOR, GW,CoH, DCUO, RotMG, WAR,

• cujo603cujo603 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    the game had no teaming going on. no teaming = no community
  • VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

I won't be returning.

The game has not changed, there is still nothing for my 3 lv50s to do but mindless grind and gearchase which means standing around on the fleet 90% of the time. For me the game still has no vibrancy or dynamism and falls well short of what an MMO should be.

Just because it is F2P I don't believe that is of interest to players who have left the game. You can't play long term for free (you don't even get a bank!) so F2P is only in the hope that new people try the game with no obligation and then a few decide to stick around. It's just like SOE's F2P - an extended free trial.

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

Hellz no!

LØLØLØLØLØLØLØL!

• aphydorkaphydork Member Posts: 133

I don't think the F2P was intended for returning players, because not much has changed since people left for their own various reasons.

SWTOR going F2P is more for the people who haven't gotten a chance to try it yet. Unless someone's reason for leaving was that there were too few players, many former SWTOR players won't see anything that would bring them back.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    I will  not be returning because EA/BW's Freemium model is incvredibly restrictive and, in strategic terms, is a serious mistake. The whole point of free-to-play is that it is free play designed to draw players into paying for add-ons and graduate them to a pseudo-subscription. However, if the free play is so restrictive then people will simply not play it. Why can't EA/BW see this? Are they idiotic?
  • sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    The game was perfect as a new installment of the Old Republic series.  It's not something I would settle down with but I look forward to new expansions.
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    No. A free turd is still a turd.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    I think I'll be trying it.... though honestly not quite sure how long I'll say. Restriction wise it didn't seem to rediculous at least... a bit iffy but over-all fine. The more I read, the more the F2P become far more rediculous to even bother playing with.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    wouldve loved a return, but as a PVP fan (world or instanced, doesn't matter) I saw I was limited to 3/week unless I buy more  + epic item limitations I knew I would get shafted......so uninstalled everything permanently.......

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117
    If they offered me 100 buck a month to play I wouldnt play it.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by phantomghost

Everything is keeping me away.  Worst WoW clone I have played to date.  And since I don't care for WoW I definitely do not like the worst clone of them all.

I wish people wouldn't use WoW clone to to describe any  mmo released since WoW . It shows a huge amount of ignornce .MMO have been around since 1996 a full 8 years before Warcraft was ever released . WoW was not original it did polish up ideas from other games in an attractive package but WoW itself is a clone .

As for ToR I did think about returning but I gather the free to play is extemly limited and anyway I'm playing several other mmos .

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Swtor is a wow clone.
    So is rift
    So are countless f2p Chinese games.

But.. yeah it gets over used, I don't think war, Aoc (at launch), co, aion etc.. are wow clones, although many label them as such.
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    NO. I will not return to play. They have tacked in so many silly charges rather than focusing on where they could make a reasonable dime by enticing players to spend for the next act that it looks like a scam now rather than a game.  Buy hotbars? Sub to sprint? It's downright stupid or designed to take advantadge of kids who want but aren't yet mature enough to know better with open wallet parents.
    Originally posted by roo67
    Originally posted by phantomghost

I wish people wouldn't use WoW clone to to describe any  mmo released since WoW . It shows a huge amount of ignornce .MMO have been around since 1996 a full 8 years before Warcraft was ever released . WoW was not original it did polish up ideas from other games in an attractive package but WoW itself is a clone .

As for ToR I did think about returning but I gather the free to play is extemly limited and anyway I'm playing several other mmos .

Every boring quest to level up+get gear+earn currency is a boring wow clone.  And if it has  PvP that gets you gear nealy as good as top end raiding gear... it is also a WoW clone.

• hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203
    After reading the list of all the stuff I cant do in the free to play model I will not be playing agian. Now I might patch it and let my 11 year old son play it on the weekends when i'm watching football. Because at 11 he might not notice how bad the game is.

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Won't return with any pay/f2p model of this game. I really like the game, but a horrid customer service experience lost a customer for life. As in bad......i mean they never even responded for weeks, unsubscribed a couple weeks ago. 4 emails total, a phone call, then cancellation and still  no responses as of yet.
    Originally posted by Entris38
    Won't return with any pay/f2p model of this game. I really like the game, but a horrid customer service experience lost a customer for life. As in bad......i mean they never even responded for weeks, unsubscribed a couple weeks ago. 4 emails total, a phone call, then cancellation and still  no responses as of yet.

I remember when EQ cs slowed down a lot... few years after the game released.  I remember when WoW slowed down a few years after release.  I never understood why many current games at release take a few weeks to get a response to a petition.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I don't understand why they didn't capitalize on this like they could have. 

Okay guys and gals, SWTOR failed to meet our expectation with the subscription model so we are allowing you access to the game for free if you have already purchased a copy. 

For those that have not we will be converting to a buy to play model and you can buy a copy from our site or select retailers for $49.99. 

Once you buy the game it will be free to play for the life of the game from here on out. 

We will have service items like extra character slots, server transfers, name changes, gender changes, appearance change kits, extra bag slots, extra bank space and such on the store for you to purchase. In addition to the current content in game we are offering additional companions which are mostly just cosmetically different on the store as well as different weapon, mount and armor skins. 

We understand that if you aren't willing to spend money on our game beyond the initial purchase that attempting to force you to do so after the FTP conversion will be counter productive so instead we will offer a variety or non game affecting services and cosmetic items to really customize your self and your experience in SWTOR. 

More will be coming soon and as always... 

Thank you for your continued support and enjoy!

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I voted YES,

even though i got pretty bored of the game even before reaching level cap....

now that it goes FTP (kind of) it´s the perfect time to go back and at least finish my main character´s history.

When? i don´t know....someday...i´m pretty busy playing GW2 atm...but i will definetly go back to finish that.

This discussion has been closed.