Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "Is this game for me" thread

2»

Comments

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    It was 24/7 in first one.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    they need to go to a international server placed in switzerland like eve is
  • SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485
    Originally posted by snapfusion
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Its one of the only MMOs in the last 8 years to be growing and successful, so I'd say there's interest!

The devs you'll have to get used to though. They don't talk much and their ETAs are always off. But they eventually deliver.

Hmm, the population has done nothing but shrink since launch what exactly do you mean by growing?  And what do you mean by successfull, the fact that they have been able to keep the game running on a few thousands subs?  I mean its a remarkble feat but there is nothing successfull about it.

this bascily.

i've been playing darkfall from start.. and i never seens so many people online then @ launch date..

The problem with this game is the company itself. darkfall 1.0 was nothing wrong it..

- Lack of communitation of the company.

- banana monkey coding

- zero or none content updates

- lies and promises for 3 years whole years

Poeple here talking about hack and cheats. which are very rare. ( well maybe @ start, but they adressed that)

after seeing the vid of this warrior i think our combat system goes down the drain with it.. ( speculation)

I do respect AV for making this game.. but they have serieus issues talking to the community

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by phantomghost
    It was 24/7 in first one.

To elaborate a little further, originally there was a small window (two hours, I think...maybe four total) to get ready after a siege was announced.  Then the fighting began.  It eventualy changed to (I believe) a 22 hour window.  Either way, it could be done at any time.  There were some issues early on in DF with sieges ending in stalemates at server down (the game goes down for maintenance every morning), much to the chagrin of the sieging clan. 

AV has changed quite a bit over the past 3+ years.