Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So much for events are dynamic...(and why we can never have good things)

Comments

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Bynt

That is what you do in Cursed Shore though, you just farm events.  After you go there for one night, you see all the events and then thats it, you seen it all.  The other issue is that Grenth is hard compared to that circuit you showed and so is that other meta event with the priestess or whatever.  If you just want loot and karma, that is the fastest way to get it.  People are like water, we always go the easiest route to get something. 

Here is a tip, if you only want the karma, you only need to do about 10K damage at an event to get gold status and when it finishes, no matter where you are in the zone, you still get credit for it.

You also forgot to mention that Plinx will help you complete both arena events and the broodmother event, just drag those fights to him and he can tank them for you, makes it even faster when you get the respawn timers all lined up that way.

Those are fun fights though and I enjoyed them, very original concepts.  I also like the challenge of when you get the 42,000 karma saved up, the armor merchant is never up and you gotta get people to help do the entire chain, makes it exciting!

Yep i forgot to mention Arena event. it is in same area. Although i did mention broodmother.

I enjoyed Melandru the most because it is very challenging and needs co ordination. Shame it doesn't happen more often though and other events are not up to that level and are simply ignored.

• MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by aesperus

Originally posted by Foomerang I think this is really interesting. You guys preach about playing the game your way and just play to have fun, why choose to play in a boring manner etc. And yet before gw2, you complained about all these wow clones forcing you to raid or making you wait hours for groups waah waah waaah. Meanwhile there are literally millions of people playing the exact same mmos they way they wanted and having fun. Im glad gw2 came along and opened your eyes. Now you see what weve been dealing with all these years haha.
    Do you honestly not see the difference between the two games?

WoW (and thusly WoW-Clones) funnels your game experience into a very narrow endgame experience. This is primarily enforced through gear progression. If you want to be viable at 'endgame' you need to get better gear, which is usually kept from you behind a long grind / RNG system. It doesn't matter how you want to play, everyone is forced to do this. If you are only interested in PvE, you need to get better gear. If you just want to PvP, you need to get better gear. WoW, SWTOR, TSW, Rift, Aion, etc. etc. etc. all these games have the exact same problem in that regards.

In GW2, you can literally do a MUCH wider variety of things in the game. You aren't ever forced to grind for gear. People just choose to do this anyway. If you want to PvP you immediately have the best equipment in the game @ lvl 2, if you want to PvE you are literally handed all the gear you will ever need just by playing the game. If you hit 80 and want 'the best' gear you can craft it, or buy it off the TP for really cheap. If you want dungeon gear, those aren't that hard to get either (especially if you have more than 1 character).

People playing GW2 in the same fashion as they would WoW are very much doing it by their own choosing. Many don't even realize this. GW2 doesn't force you to play like that, but people still choose to funnel their GW2 experience into a very narrow list of chores. That is why they aren't having fun, and that is why some of us find it absurd for them to be complaining.

It doesnt have anything to do with the games themselves. It never has. Having fun is entirely up to players and their perceptions. Gw2 changed a lot of peoples perpective on fun. Apparently not enough to acknowledge other peoples perspectives but maybe down the road that will come :)

I get your perspective, I think many here do, you have fun regardless. But there is a difference,  in most all the other MMOs I've played there is gated content. That gated content is such that the development of it has been a focused effort. It is some of the most fun the game offers. So, in order to experience the most fun, development time focus content I have to do the chore. You saying I don't have to, you are correct but I don't get the experience either. For GW2 I can experience all of the games content without the funnelled gated content. The whole game experience is open to me. I can choose to grind but I don't have to. You can in other MMOs to your right but if you choose not to again the difference is the whole game is not available. 

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

Unfortunately its happening on every single server like that. You cant create a game nowadays without some people abusing and exploiting the sh.. out of every feature.

Its not about fun, its about effective farming for advantages over others. Why should it be else in GW2 than in every other online game out there?

Hodor!

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by halflife25

So i have been taking a break from PVP these days and decided to spend more time in Cursed Shore. I usually travel there only to collect ori but for last few days i have been spending more time in ORR. i was pretty excited actually and was looking forward to these huge meta events but what i have found is really disappointing.

(this is about my server far shiverpeak so not sure how it works on other servers)

People farm two to three events only with an ocassional grenth or melandru (mostly it is ignored). All these events are on timer and people just go afk waiting for the timer to end.

Zerg starts from location of Plinx events (Fields Of Gold), if broodmother is up (since it is in same area) they kill it and then move on to penitent, once completed next stop is Shelter.

Then zerg stops, goes afk..waiting for Plinx event to start and rinse and repeat. To explain what i am talking about.

On my server all these three locations are simply referred to as 'Plinx train'. 

I was so disappointed but since i needed karma and make some gold i decided to follow. I did those for a day or two and got bored out of my mind. All other events on maps are ignored for two main reasons

1;) High cost of teleports from one waypoint to another.

2;) Contested waypoints which don't allow teleport or the nusiance of running through hordes of unded to reach your location.

So by doing this not only you save teleport costs but repair bills. Not to mention quick amount of gold you make by continuous farming of these three locations.

And since Plinx, Penitent and Shelter in close proximity and can be repeated every 10 to 15 minutes it is like being in merry go round. This kills whole 'dynamic' nature of zones and events.

Who is to blame here? players or bad design which encourages people to farm karma continuously within these three locations. Also since DR has been reduced recently and they are not actually staying in one locaiton and movig between three spots in close proximity, DR is not a problem.

I have decided not to ride this merry go round anymore and went back to PVP once again. its because of tactics like these which leads to nerfing of karma by Anet.

Maybe you want to spend 90 years casually farming your Karma gear.  Some folks would just like it over and done with.  I'm with the latter.  When running that chain can = 100,000 Karma in one day, why would you even think about doing anything else?

Steam: Neph

• ByntBynt Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by Bynt

*snip*

You also forgot to mention that Plinx will help you complete both arena events and the broodmother event, just drag those fights to him and he can tank them for you, makes it even faster when you get the respawn timers all lined up that way.

*snip* 

Yep i forgot to mention Arena event. it is in same area. Although i did mention broodmother.

I enjoyed Melandru the most because it is very challenging and needs co ordination. Shame it doesn't happen more often though and other events are not up to that level and are simply ignored.

Thanks, I forgot it was Melandru.  Yeah that one is fun, especially when everyone gets morphed into animals, haha good times!

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Nephaerius

So i have been taking a break from PVP these days and decided to spend more time in Cursed Shore. I usually travel there only to collect ori but for last few days i have been spending more time in ORR. i was pretty excited actually and was looking forward to these huge meta events but what i have found is really disappointing.

(this is about my server far shiverpeak so not sure how it works on other servers)

People farm two to three events only with an ocassional grenth or melandru (mostly it is ignored). All these events are on timer and people just go afk waiting for the timer to end.

Zerg starts from location of Plinx events (Fields Of Gold), if broodmother is up (since it is in same area) they kill it and then move on to penitent, once completed next stop is Shelter.

Then zerg stops, goes afk..waiting for Plinx event to start and rinse and repeat. To explain what i am talking about.

I was so disappointed but since i needed karma and make some gold i decided to follow. I did those for a day or two and got bored out of my mind. All other events on maps are ignored for two main reasons

2;) Contested waypoints which don't allow teleport or the nusiance of running through hordes of unded to reach your location.

So by doing this not only you save teleport costs but repair bills. Not to mention quick amount of gold you make by continuous farming of these three locations.

And since Plinx, Penitent and Shelter in close proximity and can be repeated every 10 to 15 minutes it is like being in merry go round. This kills whole 'dynamic' nature of zones and events.

Who is to blame here? players or bad design which encourages people to farm karma continuously within these three locations. Also since DR has been reduced recently and they are not actually staying in one locaiton and movig between three spots in close proximity, DR is not a problem.

I have decided not to ride this merry go round anymore and went back to PVP once again. its because of tactics like these which leads to nerfing of karma by Anet.

Maybe you want to spend 90 years casually farming your Karma gear.  Some folks would just like it over and done with.  I'm with the latter.  When running that chain can = 100,000 Karma in one day, why would you even think about doing anything else?

I guess the way I see it is that, at the end of the day, I play this game to have fun...and I mainly enjoy WvW.  I may want that karma gear, but since it doesn't make my stats any better, it does not impact my enjoyment in WvW.

So I would much rather do something that I consider fun and slowly get the karma I need.  Rather than doing something that I hate and getting it much quicker.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Originally posted by Nephaerius

Oh, I can answer why. Because you can have karma gear without doing something mind numbing. If it is a means to an ends for you, say you want it for W v W hey I understand this isn't a bad route. It really depends on how you want to play. 

edit  - dang Crestin beats me by a second next time I wont sip my coffee.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

It doesnt have anything to do with the games themselves. It never has. Having fun is entirely up to players and their perceptions. Gw2 changed a lot of peoples perpective on fun. Apparently not enough to acknowledge other peoples perspectives but maybe down the road that will come :)

That's true to a point. But the game design determines your options, and how rewarding those options are.

Games like WoW have very limited options. You really can't play it 'however you want', because the game forces certain playstyles upon you. If you were to try and play WoW by ignoring the gear grind, congrats! you will have deprived yourself of much of the games' content.

Case in point:

In WoW: If I wanted to craft one day, I may find out that I'm not a high enough lvl to craft the things I want. So, I can't craft. I need to go lvl, quest grind etc. There's a barrier to how I want to play that day. If I want to run a certain dungeon, I may be prevented from doing so because I don't have the gear.

In GW2: If I want to craft one day. I craft. Simple as that. There's no barrier to crafting. You just do it. If I want to do a dungeon, I just do it. If I want to PvP, I just go. I don't need to worry about being 2-shotted by players with top-tier loot.

Game design actually does influence play style quite a lot. It makes a HUGE difference. It may be difficult to realize this, but by playing games over a prolonged period of time, you are often training yourself to play a certain way. This is one of the problems with modern MMOs. Too many people are trained to play like the WoW model.

I agree, though, GW2 has changed a lot of people's perspectives on fun. I also accept that some people may actually like grinding for rewards. However, by it being a personal choice, I also find it a bit absurd that these same people are then turning around and complaining about it. Kind of reminds me of how people will go and watch a movie they know is going to be bad, just so they can complain about it later. Only more sad, and less amusing.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Foomerang It doesnt have anything to do with the games themselves. It never has. Having fun is entirely up to players and their perceptions. Gw2 changed a lot of peoples perpective on fun. Apparently not enough to acknowledge other peoples perspectives but maybe down the road that will come :)
    That's true to a point. But the game design determines your options, and how rewarding those options are.

Games like WoW have very limited options. You really can't play it 'however you want', because the game forces certain playstyles upon you. If you were to try and play WoW by ignoring the gear grind, congrats! you will have deprived yourself of much of the games' content.

Case in point:

In WoW: If I wanted to craft one day, I may find out that I'm not a high enough lvl to craft the things I want. So, I can't craft. I need to go lvl, quest grind etc. There's a barrier to how I want to play that day. If I want to run a certain dungeon, I may be prevented from doing so because I don't have the gear.

In GW2: If I want to craft one day. I craft. Simple as that. There's no barrier to crafting. You just do it. If I want to do a dungeon, I just do it. If I want to PvP, I just go. I don't need to worry about being 2-shotted by players with top-tier loot.

Game design actually does influence play style quite a lot. It makes a HUGE difference. It may be difficult to realize this, but by playing games over a prolonged period of time, you are often training yourself to play a certain way. This is one of the problems with modern MMOs. Too many people are trained to play like the WoW model.

I agree, though, GW2 has changed a lot of people's perspectives on fun. I also accept that some people may actually like grinding for rewards. However, by it being a personal choice, I also find it a bit absurd that these same people are then turning around and complaining about it. Kind of reminds me of how people will go and watch a movie they know is going to be bad, just so they can complain about it later. Only more sad, and less amusing.

I can see where youre coming from. For me personally, i never viewed gear progression as a huge barrier to having fun. Especially if the gear needed is put into the content anyway.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,408
    Originally posted by mmoguy43
    I applaud the players finding a way to turn this into a grind. Now they will complain about DE grinds. Rewards > fun huh

Isn't GW2 moto play how you want ?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Muntz

I get your perspective, I think many here do, you have fun regardless. But there is a difference,  in most all the other MMOs I've played there is gated content. That gated content is such that the development of it has been a focused effort. It is some of the most fun the game offers. So, in order to experience the most fun, development time focus content I have to do the chore. You saying I don't have to, you are correct but I don't get the experience either. For GW2 I can experience all of the games content without the funnelled gated content. The whole game experience is open to me. I can choose to grind but I don't have to. You can in other MMOs to your right but if you choose not to again the difference is the whole game is not available. 

really not sure why some people connot see this and hot its' a very huge deal to a lot of people and the reason why people find GW2 to be a huge departure from the normal themepark.. it's all about not "locking" parts of the game off just because you don't have the "gear" for it. Now on the flip side can see people like that progession feeling in unlocking things at endgame but there's already a TON of those games out and very glad to have one that doesn't follow that path.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I can see where youre coming from. For me personally, i never viewed gear progression as a huge barrier to having fun. Especially if the gear needed is put into the content anyway.

If you enjoy it, then you're right, it isn't really a barrier. For everyone else, though, it's kind of a big problem =/

Originally posted by Foomerang I can see where youre coming from. For me personally, i never viewed gear progression as a huge barrier to having fun. Especially if the gear needed is put into the content anyway.
    If you enjoy it, then you're right, it isn't really a barrier. For everyone else, though, it's kind of a big problem =/
    Hehe yeah youre probably right. So if i started playing gw2 can i just log in and wear the best armor in the game? Or is there a currency or materials barrier? Can i go to any zone i want and effectively participate in the content or is there a level barrier i must trudge through first. Can i buy stuff on the tp without this pesky gold barrier or gems barrier to deal with? I know im being over dramatic to make a point but you can start to see the point hehe. Its all good though, honestly. Just have fun playing games. Thats all it boils down to.

Originally posted by Foomerang I can see where youre coming from. For me personally, i never viewed gear progression as a huge barrier to having fun. Especially if the gear needed is put into the content anyway.
    Hehe yeah youre probably right. So if i started playing gw2 can i just log in and wear the best armor in the game? Or is there a currency or materials barrier? Can i go to any zone i want and effectively participate in the content or is there a level barrier i must trudge through first. Can i buy stuff on the tp without this pesky gold barrier or gems barrier to deal with? I know im being over dramatic to make a point but you can start to see the point hehe. Its all good though, honestly. Just have fun playing games. Thats all it boils down to.

obviously when people are talking gated content and how differn't it is in this game they are referring to endgame stuff..:)  although in sPVP you do get best stat gear out the gate so no barrier at all in that regard:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by aesperus Originally posted by Foomerang I can see where youre coming from. For me personally, i never viewed gear progression as a huge barrier to having fun. Especially if the gear needed is put into the content anyway.
    obviously when people are talking gated content and how differn't it is in this game they are referring to endgame stuff..:)  although in sPVP you do get best stat gear out the gate so no barrier at all in that regard:)

Obviously ;)
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Obviously ;)

I love these "Gated Content" arguments. Seriously, I don't get it. In Rift, you'd get to 50 and start running dungeons and then you'd get the gear to start raiding. The 1st level of Raids would be GSB. Why  are you complaining that you can't do Hammerknell or Maleforge? You can do GSB, it's there. Do that one 1st. It makes no sense to tell me you want to raid Maleforge but not GSB. There is an order to these things and it's there for a reason. But if you aren't going to raid. then you won't do GSB then why are you sour graping Maleforge? You aren't doing either anyway. If you wanted to do Maleforge all along, then I find it difficult to hear someone say they don't want to raid GSB. I just don't see the problem. 

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Anet will work in it and have heard the complaints, they are working on the fixes and are exploring creative ways to fix this. Please be patient and enjoy the game.
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I love these "Gated Content" arguments. Seriously, I don't get it. In Rift, you'd get to 50 and start running dungeons and then you'd get the gear to start raiding. The 1st level of Raids would be GSB. Why  are you complaining that you can't do Hammerknell or Maleforge? You can do GSB, it's there. Do that one 1st. It makes no sense to tell me you want to raid Maleforge but not GSB. There is an order to these things and it's there for a reason. But if you aren't going to raid. then you won't do GSB then why are you sour graping Maleforge? You aren't doing either anyway. If you wanted to do Maleforge all along, then I find it difficult to hear someone say they don't want to raid GSB. I just don't see the problem. 

this is the progression raider mindset and obviously many many people like this type of gameplay how can you not see not everyone does? you can argue up and down well yea you don't "need" to do raids in these games but in reality it is their "core" endgame feature for PVE and a huge part of the games overall story as well. In GW2 it's not just the fact you are not gated as in raid based games the big thing is gear is not a factor in needing to complete and enjoy content... that is pretty much the big difference in tier based raid games you run raids over and over to get that better gear to progress to the next raid tier...It is true you do not need a full set of said tier gear to play certain tiered raids but in my experience raid centered games have the worst elitiest raiding guilds that want to maximize runs and don't care for "dead weight" in their raids.. now obviously with a good large guild ymmv just been my experience with them... again not everyone cares for this style of gameplay but I'm just glad i have the option and not just another raid centered gear based themepark game.

oh forgot another BIG issue with raiding based games is obselete content.. try going away from say wow for 4 years come back and try to do some of the earlier raids.. GW2 never has the issue of needing to gather a huge mass of people to complete old obselete content because peopel have already "outgeared" everything below.. 

• MavekMavek Member Posts: 138
    And this is the reason I havent played the game since hitting the orr zones (72 necro to forever rot in sorrows furnace)
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

this is the progression raider mindset and obviously many many people like this type of gameplay how can you not see not everyone does? you can argue up and down well yea you don't "need" to do raids in these games but in reality it is their "core" endgame feature for PVE and a huge part of the games overall story as well. In GW2 it's not just the fact you are not gated as in raid based games the big thing is gear is not a factor in needing to complete and enjoy content... that is pretty much the big difference in tier based raid games you run raids over and over to get that better gear to progress to the next raid tier...It is true you do not need a full set of said tier gear to play certain tiered raids but in my experience raid centered games have the worst elitiest raiding guilds that want to maximize runs and don't care for "dead weight" in their raids.. now obviously with a good large guild ymmv just been my experience with them... again not everyone cares for this style of gameplay but I'm just glad i have the option and not just another raid centered gear based themepark game.

oh forgot another BIG issue with raiding based games is obselete content.. try going away from say wow for 4 years come back and try to do some of the earlier raids.. GW2 never has the issue of needing to gather a huge mass of people to complete old obselete content because peopel have already "outgeared" everything below.. 

I think there is a lot of subjectivity in your 1st point. I can argue there is no change in the mind set from not being able to enter heigher level dungeons while leveling. This exists in GW2 as well. You have to do the content in order. Anyway, I don't agree with you on that Gated content. Not that you are wrong. But it's in every RPG ever made.

As for Obsolete content, I'll give you that one. It's true, WoW's Wrath expansion was the worst example of this ever. But it still doesn't line up with your argument. You aren't gated from it, there's just little reason to continue to do it once you've done it. And yes, that is a valid argument, but it's a different topic. Although, if you were to complain about obsoleted content in a different thread, You'd probably not see me taking issue with your post as I'd probably agree.

When it all boils down. It really isn't about content. It's about gear and doing what's required to get it.

I think there is a lot of subjectivity in your 1st point. I can argue there is no change in the mind set from not being able to enter heigher level dungeons while leveling. This exists in GW2 as well. You have to do the content in order. Anyway, I don't agree with you on that Gated content. Not that you are wrong. But it's in every RPG ever made.

As for Obsolete content, I'll give you that one. It's true, WoW's Wrath expansion was the worst example of this ever. But it still doesn't line up with your argument. You aren't gated from it, there's just little reason to continue to do it once you've done it. And yes, that is a valid argument, but it's a different topic. Although, if you were to complain about obsoleted content in a different thread, You'd probably not see me taking issue with your post as I'd probably agree.

When it all boils down. It really isn't about content. It's about gear and doing what's required to get it.

since we are talking raiding we are obviously talking endgame so for GW2 the dungeon example doesn't really work since they will all be open to you at level 80.. you also do NOT have to do dungeons in any order you just need to be the correct level(which is same as most all other games till you hit raids).. 

but I will agree the gated content isn't the biggest issue it is the gear and how it works in raid based games

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by IPolygon
    They are called dynamic events, because they may have several states and according to that several different follow-up dynamic events, which can change the map in turn. They are not called dynamic events for anything else. DE may scale, but the innovation of GW2's content is not found in an innovative scaling system, but the design of the core content.

So they're scripted events with random follow-up scripted events? Gotcha.

we are playing video games here with NPCs all NPCs in any game follow a script in some way or another.. prefer this over going to the same zone doing the same scripted quest the same exact way everytime

Instead you get quests that are auto accepted.... the tasks are the same. I have said it a million times, I like GW2 for what it is, but some of you guys make it out to be so much more. Most DE's might change things for a short period of time, but they just run again and again on a treadmill. To me, that is an immersion killer. When I end up escorting the same person over and over or the place I just defended is being overrun again.....

Originally posted by stevebmbsqd
    They are called dynamic events, because they may have several states and according to that several different follow-up dynamic events, which can change the map in turn. They are not called dynamic events for anything else. DE may scale, but the innovation of GW2's content is not found in an innovative scaling system, but the design of the core content.

we are playing video games here with NPCs all NPCs in any game follow a script in some way or another.. prefer this over going to the same zone doing the same scripted quest the same exact way everytime

Instead you get quests that are auto accepted.... the tasks are the same. I have said it a million times, I like GW2 for what it is, but some of you guys make it out to be so much more. Most DE's might change things for a short period of time, but they just run again and again on a treadmill. To me, that is an immersion killer. When I end up escorting the same person over and over or the place I just defended is being overrun again.....

is the system perfect? of course not.. do i wish there was more variety? yes... do some repeat way to often? yes... do some not have enough cause and effect options? yes... imho is it a LOT better than static quest hub almost never changing or never moving diorama based questing? yes X1000 static quest hubs are the #1 immersion killer imho

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

is the system perfect? of course not.. do i wish there was more variety? yes... do some repeat way to often? yes... do some not have enough cause and effect options? yes... imho is it a LOT better than static quest hub almost never changing or never moving diorama based questing? yes X1000 static quest hubs are the #1 immersion killer imho

People just have no insight as to how time consuming scripting DEs are, thinking they could get that ideal model right off the Vanilla game. I saw one guy here proposing that DEs should have much randomness in them. It's absurd to think that ANet hasn't considered that, in fact they stated themselves that some DEs have random spawn timers. One huge undertaking is the more random you write DEs the more time you will need testing. Everyone can see how the Radiant AI worked out for Bethesda, and Guild Wars 2 has a much bigger world. We can't have DEs clashing with each other and end up bugging themselves, especially when you begin randomizing spawn locations, they're gonna have to be thoroughly tested. ANet preferred scripting most of them because they're easier to control that way. We have 1000+ DEs already for God's sake, and they're adding more.

It's not like I don't want them more random too, but at least I have half a mind to understand why things are the way they are now. Knocking them off as no better than classic quests just because you're smart enough to see the pattern is absurd.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by KhinRunite

People just have no insight as to how time consuming scripting DEs are, thinking they could get that ideal model right off the Vanilla game. I saw one guy here proposing that DEs should have much randomness in them. It's absurd to think that ANet hasn't considered that, in fact they stated themselves that some DEs have random spawn timers. One huge undertaking is the more random you write DEs the more time you will need testing. Everyone can see how the Radiant AI worked out for Bethesda, and Guild Wars 2 has a much bigger world. We can't have DEs clashing with each other and end up bugging themselves, especially when you begin randomizing spawn locations, they're gonna have to be thoroughly tested. ANet preferred scripting most of them because they're easier to control that way. We have 1000+ DEs already for God's sake, and they're adding more.

It's not like I don't want them more random too, but at least I have half a mind to understand why things are the way they are now. Knocking them off as no better than classic quests just because you're smart enough to see the pattern is absurd.

True

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.