Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update - Black Iron Chests + Event

Comments

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Vhaln

Well, there are more popular ways they could have caved.  They could have made the skins drop from trick-or-treat bags, for example.  Or made them rewards for completing the ghost quest.  Lots of things, really, that wouldn't get that sort of response from me at all.

They could even force them to be rare, by making people choose only one skin.   Everyone gets something, but no one gets everything.  Something like that.. but no, they just seem to be afraid people will stop buying keys.

And they still can. But they are probably in damage control mode. They have a lot of people who are showing they are willing to drop some cash if they can get some value out of what they spend. Otherwise they can rake in the bucks now, but come this winter they'll be hurting

lol reaching so far now... why i'm not sure.. but it is sure amusing:)

So they didn't bite the hand that feeds them?

No, they didn't. The saying "bite the hand that feeds" implies intentional damage, which this clearly isn't.

Anet f*cked up, that's undeniable, but to say they did it intentionally is simply not correct.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Sheepduck

"…..100 chests and nothing. I am…..I dont even know

Update: 200 now and ABSOLUTELY nothing"

"120 opend.. and not a singl skin… wtf Anet!"

"I open 24 cheasts and didnt get a single skin WTF ANET!!!! I want a return."

"Nearly 200 chests and I got absolutely nothing. Does it have the same drop rate as getting a precursor from the forge?

This is bad business and I expect some sort of compensation with my keys returned…"

over and over again. quotes from official forums.

I like the one who updated they opened an additional 100 chests after posting in a thread filled with people complaining about the low drop rate. He's throwing his money away even after knowing the odds, at that point it's only his fault

To be fair his post was edited about 45 minutes after the event started.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

In my opinion, the only thing they did wrong was not releasing the drop rate on their main Halloween page and the launcher. If it had told everyone there was a 2% drop rate, no one would have a right to complain. Hopefully they learn from their mistake and make the drop rate apparent in the future as there are really stupid people out there that will spam buy keys just to find out the drop rate is low on their own.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by colddog04

In my opinion, the only thing they did wrong was not releasing the drop rate on their main Halloween page and the launcher. If it had told everyone there was a 2% drop rate, no one would have a right to complain. Hopefully they learn from their mistake and make the drop rate apparent in the future as there are really stupid people out there that will spam buy keys just to find out the drop rate is low on their own.

I agree especially when the odds on your average scatch of is about 1 in 3.5. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by fundayz
    Originally posted by Vhaln

Well, there are more popular ways they could have caved.  They could have made the skins drop from trick-or-treat bags, for example.  Or made them rewards for completing the ghost quest.  Lots of things, really, that wouldn't get that sort of response from me at all.

They could even force them to be rare, by making people choose only one skin.   Everyone gets something, but no one gets everything.  Something like that.. but no, they just seem to be afraid people will stop buying keys.

And they still can. But they are probably in damage control mode. They have a lot of people who are showing they are willing to drop some cash if they can get some value out of what they spend. Otherwise they can rake in the bucks now, but come this winter they'll be hurting

lol reaching so far now... why i'm not sure.. but it is sure amusing:)

So they didn't bite the hand that feeds them?

No, they didn't. The saying "bite the hand that feeds" implies intentional damage, which this clearly isn't.

Anet f*cked up, that's undeniable, but to say they did it intentionally is simply not correct.

ANET's intent has nothing to do with what I said. I never once implied their intent, Who freakin cares what their intnet was? I certainly could care less whether they meant to do it or not. They bit the hand that feeds them. Meaning, the next event fewer  people are going to be willing to pony up. Simple as that.

And what insider info do you have access to that allowed you to imply that you know what their intentions were behind closed doors? Or is it blind faith in the companies benevolence and altruism? We can see the evidence of that.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by Karteli

Haloween related items ..

Candy Corn

Trick or Treat Bags

Various mats, plastic fangs, skulls

Mmmm

im sure if it was every halloween skin in the game and a free legendary people would still be angry

That's unfortunately true because most people want everything handed to them no matter if they actually need the stuff or not at all.

I asked my collegue because I wasn't able to enter the game at all yesterday and he told me that he got a knife halloween skin out of 10 boxes he had tried.

He exchanged in game gold for gems to buy a few keys since he already had tons of boxes and it seems that it worked.

What he couldn't tell me because he didn't checked it out was if the halloween pumpkin headpiece was in the item shop for free like ANet had said.

Will find out tonight after work though and will make sure to grab it with every character cause I unfortunately didn't grabbed the cap they had added in the release with every character back then and have it only with my main. :)

Just hope the pumpkin head looks as good or even better than the GW1 one. :)

Might open a lion chest or two but in general I don't care about the skins as much.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by bcbully

1000 post thread with 40k views that reads like "I opened 40 chest, I opened 80 chest, I spent 4000 gems and got nothing." ? I think it was Anet who was reaching. 

Heading into the holiday season the last thing you want is you product in the same sentence with rip-off and gambling.

which is their own fault when all they had to do is wait a little bit save all those gems and just buy them for gold of the trading post.. it was known these items would be tradable if people are so impatient they couldn't wait a couple hours to get one of these items from the auction house it's really no fault but their own.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    but guess overall it is good ANET is listening to their customers

My surmise is that Anet ran a quick scan on the databases (lockers, auction) and found out just how many stupid-thousands of BICs are (still) just sitting around in stacks (vs how many keys they're not selling),

Trash cleanup :shrug:  No evil (or good) motives required.

If we note a sudden increase in the drop rate of keys...or decrease of BIC's...long-term trash cleanup :P

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Good move Anet. They are listening to their community. Any time you have a thousand post thread with upset supporters of your product, with 35k views, viewing upset gamers almost to a man. You have to listen.

The thousand post thread means nothing. The data on their end is what they go by. The same number of people throw forum tantrums for every topic. It wasn't the tantrums that made them change their mind, it was the actions in game.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Good move Anet. They are listening to their community. Any time you have a thousand post thread with upset supporters of your product, with 35k views, viewing upset gamers almost to a man. You have to listen.

The thousand post thread means nothing. The data on their end is what they go by. The same number of people throw forum tantrums for every topic. It wasn't the tantrums that made them change their mind, it was the actions in game.

And same number of people are ready to white knight for Anet in every topic and call it 'whining' or 'tantrums'. What is your point? that forums are useless? sorry but you are wrong. Anet devs post regularly on forums and are quite involved with community on ever section. Which shows that they do take feedback seriously.

Not saying that they don't pay attention to data on their own end but please don't try to make forums look like a useless tool.

Originally posted by Icewhite
    but guess overall it is good ANET is listening to their customers

My surmise is that Anet ran a quick scan on the databases (lockers, auction) and found out just how many stupid-thousands of BICs are (still) just sitting around in stacks (vs how many keys they're not selling),

Trash cleanup :shrug:  No evil (or good) motives required.

If we note a sudden increase in the drop rate of keys...long-term trash cleanup :P

While higher drop rate for keys would be nice, it doesn't solve the problems of 'junk' rewards and non-stacking rewards. For example, the BLC harvesting tools don't stack so you end up with multiple piles of 10 sickles or 25 picks/axes. They already corrected the tonic issue a couple weeks ago (one type instead of 30) but they really have a ways to go before these chests actually have some value to a lot of people. There is definitely a much higher dsupply than there is demand of these things.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by lifeordinary

And same number of people are ready to white knight for Anet in every topic and call it 'whining' or 'tantrums'. What is your point? that forums are useless? sorry but you are wrong. Anet devs post regularly on forums and are quite involved with community on ever section. Which shows that they do take feedback seriously.

Not saying that they don't pay attention to data on their own end but please don't try to make forums look like a useless tool.

I did not say Anet doesn't accept feedback. Forum feedback is useful when it is backed by data. From this post and your last couple posts, it's obvious you have some kind of issue with arguing points no one made, so I've got a special place in my settings for you. You can go hang out with Interesting and Wizardry. Cheers!

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

I did not say Anet doesn't accept feedback. Forum feedback is useful when it is backed by data. From this post and your last couple posts, it's obvious you have some kind of issue with arguing points no one made, so I've got a special place in my settings for you. You can go hang out with Interesting and Wizardry. Cheers!

Touche!! 

You said thousand post topic means 'nothing'. Good to know you are the authority on this.

Feedback is useful when backed by data..what is forums then? it is a feedback too backed by player experince which is also a data. Stop trying to undermine opinions of people by simply calling them tantrums. Now you can take your ball and go home.

While higher drop rate for keys would be nice, it doesn't solve the problems of 'junk' rewards and non-stacking rewards. For example, the BLC harvesting tools don't stack so you end up with multiple piles of 10 sickles or 25 picks/axes. They already corrected the tonic issue a couple weeks ago (one type instead of 30) but they really have a ways to go before these chests actually have some value to a lot of people. There is definitely a much higher dsupply than there is demand of these things.

Oh yeah, they've got quite a way to go, assuming they're trying to create any actual demand for these boxes.

But Bliz has been trying to tune their holiday events for eight years, too.  Still mostly trash generators.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

Ehmmm....some people are so sure of themselves around here. Stop undermining others opinion and labeling them as 'tantrums'..'whining' or whatever the words you guys use in defense of Anet.

Originally posted by Icewhite

Oh yeah, they've got quite a way to go, assuming they're trying to create any actual demand for these boxes.

But Bliz has been trying to tune their holiday events for eight years, too.  Still mostly trash generators.

They're not the only ones. ;)

Originally posted by halflife25

Ehmmm....some people are so sure of themselves around here. Stop undermining others opinion and labeling them as 'tantrums'..'whining' or whatever the words you guys use in defense of Anet.

Ehmmm.... it has nothing to do with defending Anet and everything to do with understanding community and properly gauging feedback. Your forum readers are a subset of your playerbase. Their views are skewed and many times don't match the views of the players. The larger the playerbase, the further removed the forum views often are. There are plenty of threads that have in the past gotten this long and plenty that will get this long in the future. The important thing to look at is the data on what is actually happening in game as that does not always match what is being relayed on the forums.

Ehmmm.... it has nothing to do with defending Anet and everything to do with understanding community and properly gauging feedback. Your forum readers are a subset of your playerbase. Their views are skewed and many times don't match the views of the players. The larger the playerbase, the further removed the forum views often are. There are plenty of threads that have in the past gotten this long and plenty that will get this long in the future. The important thing to look at is the data on what is actually happening in game as that does not always match what is being relayed on the forums.

Yeah you still sound too sure of yourself. Only over confident people deal in absolutes and make claims like 'thousand of forum posts means nothing'.. Sadly, i don't work for Anet and i have no facts to back up my claim that i know exactly how Anet is handling its  feedback of its players. So i will leave it to experts *cough*  like you.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    About time , as well ....

Yeah you still sound too sure of yourself. Only over confident people deal in absolutes and make claims like 'thousand of forum posts means nothing'.. Sadly, i don't work for Anet and i have no facts to back up my claim that i know exactly how Anet is handling its  feedback of its players. So i will leave it to experts *cough*  like you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

sar·casm

1.harsh or bitter derision or irony.

2.a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a reviewfull of sarcasms.

Thank you.

sar·casm

1.harsh or bitter derision or irony.

2.a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a reviewfull of sarcasms.

Thank you.

Thank you.

You are welcome. Always happy to help out fellow members. However, one thank you was sufficient. Now you are just embarassing me with your kind ness.

*blushes*

You two lovers done with your foreplay yet?

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

Thank you.

Actually, Loktofeit works in the industry and knows what he's talking about, unlike most of the self proclaimed forum experts spamming this forum with negative nonsense since this game's beta.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

This discussion has been closed.