Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Halloween skins are on the TP!!

Comments

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by tank017

whats the big deal people are making about them? I missed it..

I havent logged in since the event started

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/367855/Black-Lion-Chests-Event.html

people went crazy opening chests as soon as the event started and some even spending money to get keys not realizing that since the skins are tradable once a good amount of people started getting them they would be up on the TP for sale.. then it got into a huge silly gambling debate and so forth

I see..

too much energy wasted over 'ehh' items lol

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

So its more difficult to do it without the cash shop, yes? IDK, since I don't play the game. But if this is the case...sounds pretty P2W to me. 

If not then nobody has anything to bitch about. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by Vhaln

Prices range from 3g for shoulder armor to 42g for the greatsword.. which is waayyy more than I can afford, personally.  Guess I could pool all the silver, on all my characters, to buy the shoulder armor.

That aside, is that really how an event should be?  Instead of getting rewards for participating, you have to settle for spending everything you can scrape together to just buy an item?  ONE item, never mind if you want more?  This should shut everyone up?  Really?

Oh right.  It's supposed to be rare.  It's supposed to be exclusive.  As in, most players are supposed to get left out - that's exactly what "rare" means here, isn't it?  It's crazy that so many people are upset about being left out, I mean, someone has to be right?  Well, for these items to be rare, most people have to be.  Yep, that's not going to piss people off, not at all...

Yeah, pretty much this. GW2 is showing it can be a grown up leet lewtz game, just like Uncle WoW.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Foomerang Cool. Maybe next time youll be able to play some cool new dungeon or DE for that type of stuff. (Hehe sorry man im totally just bustin balls here. Couldnt resist). :D
    actually 30 new events this patch and supposed ot be a large content patch next month:)
    And yet they sell the best shinies in an rng cash shop....  
    actually not really seen better looking outside the CS.. actually way better looking.. but obviously looks are subjective.. if you look at the CS very little in the way of outfits is on there.. only one set per armor type and a couple "fashion" outfits and that's it
    Im sure anet is testing the waters with what they can get away with right now. Looking at all the money they raked in today, id brace for impact if i were you haha

Wait...so your saying that ANet  made some money by developing a major event and selling clothing from said event to people who want to buy it!?!?  Those bastards!!!!

just waif, next they will try to create a whole bunch of new content, put it in a box package, and then sell it to consumers all over again...just you wait, writing is on the wall...

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by Vunak23

So its more difficult to do it without the cash shop, yes? IDK, since I don't play the game. But if this is the case...sounds pretty P2W to me. 

If not then nobody has anything to bitch about. 

No more P2W then wow's sparkly pony or similar for other games.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Really?

They only sell a single good item in the cashshop: The Black lion salvage kit. It give you 50% of getting ectos from lvl68+ rare and exo gear instead of 25%. It do drops from chests sometimes so you can get it without paying, but I bought it with gems myself.

The rest is crap, a few armorskins, the random boosterpack, instant repair canisters for people to lazy to fix their gear at a NPC (dungeons have those as well) and other stuff you dont need.

Extra bankspace, bagslots and characterslots are also useful but I wouldnt all them "shinies".

You should really actually check the itemshop before doing silly posts like this.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by Loke666

Really?

They only sell a single good item in the cashshop: The Black lion salvage kit. It give you 50% of getting ectos from lvl68+ rare and exo gear instead of 25%. It do drops from chests sometimes so you can get it without paying, but I bought it with gems myself.

The rest is crap, a few armorskins, the random boosterpack, instant repair canisters for people to lazy to fix their gear at a NPC (dungeons have those as well) and other stuff you dont need.

Extra bankspace, bagslots and characterslots are also useful but I wouldnt all them "shinies".

You should really actually check the itemshop before doing silly posts like this.

Some people are just way too paranoid of the gem store. If they can't champion their paranoia on the current shop they'll play the 'potential P2W', 'just wait and see', and 'testing the waters' card.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    I would but the pistol and rifle are ugly :( is there a dagger? hmmmm (clicks on websites.....)
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Prices range from 3g for shoulder armor to 42g for the greatsword.. which is waayyy more than I can afford, personally.  Guess I could pool all the silver, on all my characters, to buy the shoulder armor.

That aside, is that really how an event should be?  Instead of getting rewards for participating, you have to settle for spending everything you can scrape together to just buy an item?  ONE item, never mind if you want more?  This should shut everyone up?  Really?

Oh right.  It's supposed to be rare.  It's supposed to be exclusive.  As in, most players are supposed to get left out - that's exactly what "rare" means here, isn't it?  It's crazy that so many people are upset about being left out, I mean, someone has to be right?  Well, for these items to be rare, most people have to be.  Yep, that's not going to piss people off, not at all...

Hmm have two 80's (didn't rush mind you) sold the mats i had from previous leveling of the 4 professions i leveled (lw, jeweler, chef, huntman) and made an instant 6 gold. What the world are you doing? seriously unless you have all level 5's there should be no issue getting money enough to buy what you want I'm no economic wiz i just gather alot.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by itgrowls

Hmm have two 80's (didn't rush mind you) sold the mats i had from previous leveling of the 4 professions i leveled (lw, jeweler, chef, huntman) and made an instant 6 gold. What the world are you doing? seriously unless you have all level 5's there should be no issue getting money enough to buy what you want I'm no economic wiz i just gather alot.

If you want to max out all crafting proffesions you cant do that, or if you support your guildcrafters for that matter.

Still, I farmed candycorn for a little over an hour yesterday and sold it, got a gold for that. And you need a lvl 30 character to farm from all 3 zones with it, or you could farm the starting zone with 3 chars. 3 gold is easy and fast to get, I am more worried about the cultural lvl 80 armor, it is expensive.

But the weapon skins? Working on legendary myself, they look great.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

I don't even have one 80, for one thing.  It's not really about gold, though.  I dunno, maybe I'm just bored, and its time to move on for me.  Was hoping the big update would change that, but it didn't.  I'll probably stick around to see how it plays out, at the very least, though.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I don't even have one 80, for one thing.  It's not really about gold, though.  I dunno, maybe I'm just bored, and its time to move on for me.  Was hoping the big update would change that, but it didn't.  I'll probably stick around to see how it plays out, at the very least, though.

big update is next month according to the devs

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

They should have made the skins a lot more rare than they did.

There are hundreds and hundreds of skins up two days in to the event.  I realise some people are confused and apparently feel everyone who opened a chest should be rewarded with a 'rare' skin, but we can't keep catering to ignorant tools with an overblown sense of entitlement. 

Go ahead and get your commonplace halloween skins, they're just not impressive when they're everywhere. The prices have already plummeted for exactly that reason. 

I guarantee if they'd mailed all skins to every player for the event just to appease the whiners we wouldn't see many in use. 

Common and easily attainable items have no value.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Valkaern

There are hundreds and hundreds of skins up two days in to the event.  I realise some people are confused and apparently feel everyone who opened a chest should be rewarded with a 'rare' skin, but we can't keep catering to ignorant tools with an overblown sense of entitlement. 

Go ahead and get your commonplace halloween skins, they're just not impressive when they're everywhere. The prices have already plummeted for exactly that reason. 

I guarantee if they'd mailed all skins to every player for the event just to appease the whiners we wouldn't see many in use. 

They could just have sold the skins in the gem shop or for a gold price: there is absolutely no need to promote any form of gambling through real money.

• xausxaus Member Posts: 34
    I would love to know how much money Anet will make from these monkeys who spend cash on gems for the halloween fluff items. Put something in the cash shop for each stage of the event. $$$ Someone at Anet will be getting a nice christmas bonus.
  • NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by xaus
    I would love to know how much money Anet will make from these monkeys who spend cash on gems for the halloween fluff items. Put something in the cash shop for each stage of the event. $$$ Someone at Anet will be getting a nice christmas bonus.

I suspect it will be ridiculous amounts of money. 

I am not sure why so many people have their panties in a bunch about a bunch of skins anyway. I guess there are those that just like to complete everything, but I honestly think the skins kinda suck, and don't really feel too terrible about not having them.

The second Anet *requires* me to spend one red cent in their store, will be the day I uninstall. This game is okay, but if it had a sub or additional required fee, I would have quit after the first month.

This game reminds me more and more every day why I prefer sub based games instead of B2P.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Naral

I suspect it will be ridiculous amounts of money. 

I am not sure why so many people have their panties in a bunch about a bunch of skins anyway. I guess there are those that just like to complete everything, but I honestly think the skins kinda suck, and don't really feel too terrible about not having them.

The second Anet *requires* me to spend one red cent in their store, will be the day I uninstall. This game is okay, but if it had a sub or additional required fee, I would have quit after the first month.

This game reminds me more and more every day why I prefer sub based games instead of B2P.

yea its great all those monthly sub games with optional CS you have no way of getting anything from them without spending real money...on top of few content updates a year...a real deal there

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

Im just annoyed that the gifts all require the goddang lodestones again. I mean come on already, lodestones here, there and everywhere. When I made the recipes for the halloween specific gifts, I got so annoyed that every gift required the same old same old ingrediants. Dungeon gift, Lodestone, ori, ecto - you know the drill. - Why didnt they make them event specific? 

I can see the devils advocate going; well this way you only need to make the recipes, and you can craft the weapons year round now cause the materials wont be gone.

But to that I say; we already have legendarys to take up that spot in the content list. - Why not make it something of an event effort that took some involvement in all stages of the event, and perhaps a specific rare or exotic drop off of some event monster. It could still mean an effort had to be made, it could even be rather hard to do. - I find it annoying that it is the same materials over and over and over that I find myself grinding for. - Im not a casual player. I cant really help myself going out there and making the effort, I just wish for some variety. Instead of this repetitive nonsense. Im getting a little bored :(

Im hoping for some more items and new recipes off the last stages in the event. For now, Im keeping my recipes for gift of the moon, soul and spider on lockdown. Maybe I can sell them along with all the materials to create them in a couple of months, - that way I can affort lodestones for whatever the next recipe is that requires them, yet again :P

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

*raises hand* $35 from this monkey. My son and I have been running around as candy corn monsters and I have two cool new skull shoulderpads - a set of bird skulls and a set of small bull skulls. Got some saw sword skin (not the great sword) that I didn't care for and sold it for 6 gold but other than that, we've got a bunch of new toys to keep us busy for a couple days.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by Valkaern

They could just have sold the skins in the gem shop or for a gold price: there is absolutely no need to promote any form of gambling through real money.

Again... theres no gambling with real money going on. Thats all in your head man. They are on the trading post in abundance. The chests and keys are obtained in game. If some idiot decides to go out and spend $100 on keys instead of simply buying the readily available skin, that isn't Anet promoting gambling through real money, thats some idiot doing something stupid. 

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

I do not understand all the fuss about the event.

Honestly what did you all expect?

Its  a B2P game it needs this stuff to make the cash.

If you want Holiday events where you can get the rewards for doing special Holidayquests and such go to a P2P game.

Nothing is free so its only natural that GW2 will milk its players whenever there is an opportunity and everyone who would have thought about that before could have (and a lot did) told you before the game releases that it will turn out this way. 

Originally posted by Doomedfox

If you want Holiday events where you can get the rewards for doing special Holidayquests and such go to a P2P game.

Nothing is free so its only natural that GW2 will milk its players whenever there is an opportunity and everyone who would have thought about that before could have (and a lot did) told you before the game releases that it will turn out this way. 

And the funniest thing is that you don't even need to spend any money (even counting gold) to participate in the event!  You can do the scavenger hunt, the costume brawl, the pumpkin carving stuff, the new mini-dungeon, and the new recipes for FREE.  Yes FREE.  You just logon and do them.

The ONLY things that ANet is marketing are essentially skins...that's it.  SKINS.  Everything else is provided 100% free to folks that purchased GW2.

And despite this fact, we still have all this BS moral outrage.  You folks won't be satisfied until a company develops a game for you, and then pays you to play it lol.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Acquisition

I never ever , acros all the characters didnt get chect ket as random drop

I dont think its actually possible

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Creslin321

And the funniest thing is that you don't even need to spend any money (even counting gold) to participate in the event!  You can do the scavenger hunt, the costume brawl, the pumpkin carving stuff, the new mini-dungeon, and the new recipes for FREE.  Yes FREE.  You just logon and do them.

The ONLY things that ANet is marketing are essentially skins...that's it.  SKINS.  Everything else is provided 100% free to folks that purchased GW2.

And despite this fact, we still have all this BS moral outrage.  You folks won't be satisfied until a company develops a game for you, and then pays you to play it lol.

You are missing the point where several of us are willing to pay a high monthly fee to avoid several "company tactics" we dislike. It is not about the money, per se.

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by Creslin321

You are missing the point where several of us are willing to pay a high monthly fee to avoid several "company tactics" we dislike. It is not about the money, per se.

You honestly believe that offering some cosmetic crap and fairly inconsequential boosters in "random boxes of goodies" that can essentially be bought for money OR gold OR obtained by playing the game is a "horrid company tactic?"  There is literally ZERO reason for you to participate in the BLC crap if you don't want to...you will NEVER be at a gameplay disadvantage for ignoring them.

There are games out there that put powerful items in boxes of goodies that you pretty much need to be competetive.  THAT is bad.  THAT essentially forces players to buy them and waste money if they want to play and be competitive.

Skins and boosters that no one really even needs?  Yeah, not a big deal.