Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV to beg for more money part 2

12346»

Comments

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Originally posted by GMTheia

Actually donations have gone really well - we're very pleased.  There will be some news soon about which elements will be accelerated. 

We will be able to get lots of new 3d art (terrain, models etc) or old elements that badly need an update done as a result of these generous members of our community helping out. These same folk frequent this site too - so nice to see that they're not put off even a little by some of the more vociferous opinions against Mortal Online. 

So sorry to see that lots of folk here are still unhappy but SV and MO will continue on for many years regardless of the prophecies of those (frankly) not in the know and not close enough to SV to get an actual clear view of what's happening internally.  It is noteworthy that despite all of that we are very much still here with a roadmap and the passion to continue on.

Everyone is fine (thanks!) - Sebbe and team are still coding away, patches have not decreased in frequency - when we're ready  (and only then) we will market the game. 

In the meantime the gears in SV will continue to turn until we have the game that those who get the vision have wanted from day 1.

Much Love 

GM Theia 

PS – I admit this site broke me the last time I came over here – some of the stuff being said is breathtaking.  So I encourage people to continue to make up their own minds and not listen to folk who have not logged into Mortal for.. years. We had a very rough launch however the game continues to improve and we will not give up until we have the World that is at the core of the vision of Mortal Online

Theia I like you, you know that :) Guys Theia seriously is one of the few good GM's over there, always tried his best to communicate with the players. Having said that.....

Few weeks ago I sent Discord a PM asking him about the state of the game and telling him the pop was dying again, his response was "I don't know what we're doing wrong, we keep adding stuff but people keep leaving". After rolling on the floor in laughter I directed him to the last 50 posts I'd made on the MO forums pointing out why pop was dying.

The only reason MO will survive more than a year is because of Henrik's daddy's money, he's come out and said as much. But that begs the question, when does it stop being a game and become a project a few amatuers work on it. UO shards have pops 10 times as large, that game is 15 years old and ironically the players SV were targetting.

The game is that bad now it's going to start hurting your rep Theia if you keep defending it blindingly. Discord needs to go, devs need to communicate alot better and maybe then some of the shit community left will go grief in some other game and some good players will come back. As it stand the only people left in MO are the griefers, exploiters, cheaters and the blind. 

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261
    The "donations" are a tax evasion. Last time there was a big investor lined up for SV & MO, Henrik asked them to "donate" the money so SV doesn't have to pay tax on the investment. The investor pulled out immediately.
  • RilmanRilman Member CommonPosts: 35

Theia, I like you, you seem like a good guy but the people you work for are just not capable of producing a quality product worth paying AAA prices for, its a simple as that, there's just broken stuff on top of more broken stuff. 

Most of us who have played MO for any amount of time have come to realise this. Its just a mess over there, you've got GM's and Councilors playing the game which is a big no no, even the lead GM makes some really suspect decisions, there's even been appeals for him to stand down which get deleted from the forums as he's so corrupt, we've all seen the youtube videos.

Bugs cause the players to lose stuff all the time to dying, falling through solid objects, getting stuck or houses just disappear to bugs which are never replaced, bugs go unrepaired for years but we get told they're fixed over and over but theyr'e not. The terrible prediction system, Its just a farce and now they're basically begging for funds for a public owned company that's somehow bleeding out at a rate of $17000 a month according to the recent financial reports.

I appreciate they're trying but that just doesn't make up for ineptitude and choosing an engine not fit for purpose which hadn't been proven before in an MMO game. They have a good idea and perhaps a noble cause but at the end of the day its just a bad Unreal 3 mod which is full of bugs and a player base, not entirely made up of shit talking cheaters, dupers, and net limiter users (lag switching).  I think you're flogging a dead horse over here, most of us are wise to it now, its really time the rest of you caught up. These are things that reporting back will not change, we've been there 3 years or more reporting bugs, making suggestions, you're wasting your time and effort.

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by cirsyndic
    The "donations" are a tax evasion. Last time there was a big investor lined up for SV & MO, Henrik asked them to "donate" the money so SV doesn't have to pay tax on the investment. The investor pulled out immediately.

I suspected that anyway. Got any written source on that info though?

That's what Henrik meant when he said "normally only a small part of the subscription fees goes into SV's pockets". He meant taxes.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by Rilman

Theia, I like you, you seem like a good guy but the people you work for are just not capable of producing a quality product worth paying AAA prices for, its a simple as that, there's just broken stuff on top of more broken stuff. 

Most of us who have played MO for any amount of time have come to realise this. Its just a mess over there, you've got GM's and Councilors playing the game which is a big no no, even the lead GM makes some really suspect decisions, there's even been appeals for him to stand down which get deleted from the forums as he's so corrupt, we've all seen the youtube videos.

Bugs cause the players to lose stuff all the time to dying, falling through solid objects, getting stuck or houses just disappear to bugs which are never replaced, bugs go unrepaired for years but we get told they're fixed over and over but theyr'e not. The terrible prediction system, Its just a farce and now they're basically begging for funds for a public owned company that's somehow bleeding out at a rate of $17000 a month according to the recent financial reports.

I appreciate they're trying but that just doesn't make up for ineptitude and choosing an engine not fit for purpose which hadn't been proven before in an MMO game. They have a good idea and perhaps a noble cause but at the end of the day its just a bad Unreal 3 mod which is full of bugs and a player base, not entirely made up of shit talking cheaters, dupers, and net limiter users (lag switching).  I think you're flogging a dead horse over here, most of us are wise to it now, its really time the rest of you caught up. These are things that reporting back will not change, we've been there 3 years or more reporting bugs, making suggestions, you're wasting your time and effort.

+1

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319
    Originally posted by Genadi
    "devs need to communicate alot better and maybe then some of the shit community left will go grief in some other game and some good players will come back. As it stand the only people left in MO are the griefers, exploiters, cheaters and the blind". 

Wow... Just wow. This sure is coming from someone that have no clue at all. I play the game, and I for one don´t run into all these griefers and exploiters that you apperantly know is there. Why spread these lies, when you have no clue. And have you visited the MO forums? Sebastian, Henrik etc are more or less communicating with their playerbase on a daily bases. They DO listen to peoples suggestions from things like this thread for instance about MOs PVP: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/is-pvp-less-skillbased-or-more-since.80435/page-12 So why even spread lies like this? I don´t get it. Sure there is some griefers. You got that in ALL sandbox MMOs. Nothing new or unique to MO. But it´s not like you get killed as soon as you see another player in MO. Most solo players do OK. Those in guilds have their own enemies, and most do have "friendly PVP" arrangements with others. And the game as it is now, is in a better state that I´ve ever seen it since I started playing almost 2 years ago.

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Originally posted by Norpan
    "devs need to communicate alot better and maybe then some of the shit community left will go grief in some other game and some good players will come back. As it stand the only people left in MO are the griefers, exploiters, cheaters and the blind". 

Wow... Just wow. This sure is coming from someone that have no clue at all.

I play the game, and I for one don´t run into all these griefers and exploiters that you apperantly know is there. Why spread these lies, when you have no clue. And have you visited the MO forums?

"Wow... Just wow. This sure is coming from someone that have no clue at all. "

Attacking someone does nothing for your cause, especially in that manner.

I know that they is there :p Most people playing know that they is there, the devs and GM's have admitted as recently as last week that they is still there.

You go on to again say I have no clue when indeed I do, notice Theia a GM for the game hasn't denied the exploiting etc in all of the threads here mentioning it... you know why... because he knows that they is there.. up in dem hills dey is dair.

After that you accuse me of being a liar? What motive to I have to lie? Why would I and loads of others here bother making up such extreme accusations unless we'd experienced things first hand?

To answer your last question I have been a forum member and unfortunately a subber of MO from Alpha. Just recently unsubbed along with my brother after having seen two years of GM and dev fail.

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip
    Originally posted by Norpan

Wow... Just wow. This sure is coming from someone that have no clue at all.

I play the game, and I for one don´t run into all these griefers and exploiters that you apperantly know is there. Why spread these lies, when you have no clue. And have you visited the MO forums?

"Wow... Just wow. This sure is coming from someone that have no clue at all. "

Attacking someone does nothing for your cause, especially in that manner.

I know that they is there :p Most people playing know that they is there, the devs and GM's have admitted as recently as last week that they is still there.

You go on to again say I have no clue when indeed I do, notice Theia a GM for the game hasn't denied the exploiting etc in all of the threads here mentioning it... you know why... because he knows that they is there.. up in dem hills dey is dair.

After that you accuse me of being a liar? What motive to I have to lie? Why would I and loads of others here bother making up such extreme accusations unless we'd experienced things first hand?

To answer your last question I have been a forum member and unfortunately a subber of MO from Alpha. Just recently unsubbed along with my brother after having seen two years of GM and dev fail.

Ignore him.

He comes around every few months and then when proven wrong dissapears... His last appearance was before "awakening" and (as usual) we were correct in the condition it would ship and he argued and argued and name called- THEN when it released, he dissapeared so as not have to answer for his statements...Now he is back, stirring up trouble yet again.

He never answers questions and once he is clearly making wrong and incorrect statements he just "goes away" and thinks he can pop back inmonths later and nobody remembers...Its a pattern.

I think that one is Henrik himself, so cut him some slack, he's got no real job to do.

• hungerjackhungerjack Member Posts: 14
    I have no problem with MO, it and its staff are just simply not good enough to get a subscription or donation from me.
  • BetelBetel Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by Biskop

Wow, the entertainment value of the MO forums was suddenly raised to 2011 levels!

Theia, what made you suddenly decide to come back here? Thought you got banned for trolling.

But anyway, I give you a 8/10 popcorn rating so far, keep it up bro!

I agree, I might have to post again if Theia is back!

He did completely ignore the question that matters most though - how is MO going to survive when it has made a loss every month for over 2 years, the population (and therefore revenue) is shrinking (contrary to Theia's own claims), and there is zero interest from investors. There are two options - either they are working for free and have outside jobs (meaning little time for development) or someone is funding them off the books (Henrik's father, savings). The company cannot survive in it's current form, and it's simply a question of how long they are willing to continue that funding. The company has shown it cannot improve the product to anywhere close to industry standard, so any claim that advertising is going to make the game suddenly profitable is nonsense. Your core market has already tried this game and decided it is terrible, but you think the average gamer is going to save you?

Btw Theia, since you are now Event Manager, and the post announcing it praised your successful handling of events in the past, could you give us a run down on how your previous events in MO went. Thanks.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Betel
    Originally posted by Biskop

Wow, the entertainment value of the MO forums was suddenly raised to 2011 levels!

Theia, what made you suddenly decide to come back here? Thought you got banned for trolling.

But anyway, I give you a 8/10 popcorn rating so far, keep it up bro!

Btw Theia, since you are now Event Manager, and the post announcing it praised your successful handling of events in the past, could you give us a run down on how your previous events in MO went. Thanks.

I think her  "qualifications" are covered here http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/368455/Theia-Stepping-Down-as-CM-Becoming-the-Event-Manager.html

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Theia is a he just so you know..

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by deathshroud

Then why pick a name meaning Goddess?

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by Hancakes

It doesnt mean godess. Theia (θεια in Greek) means aunt :D

Originally posted by argirop

Its still a feminine name. :p 

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by argirop

Its still a feminine name. :p 

Looks like he has vanished yet again.  Maybe to go run more sorry events.