Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Legendary IP

7star7star SeoulPosts: 405Member

What do you want TESO to be? Are you looking forward to it or not? Why or why not?

My concern about TESO is the same as that for SWTOR.

It is that an awesome IP will be wasted on a mediocre (or even good) game.  But if the game doesn't live up to the awesomeness of the IP, then we are locked out of someone else coming along and making the TES game that (arguably)

most TES players might want, for example: open world, free choice of  all races/factions, etc. I'm sure there is a thread somewhere around here that goes into that.

And whatever the merits of SWTOR, in the mmorpg space, it is nowhere near the stature of Star Wars in the IP space. So a lot of players feel that we won't get another chance for an awesome Star Wars universe to play in with others because of SWTOR. This applies even if a SWTOR is a good, solid mmorpg. Any other sci-fi skin could have been slapped on it.

I'm not saying that Zeni isn't up to the task. We will have to wait and see. I am saying that I'm concerned TESO won't be up to the mark set by The Elder Scrolls.

Bottom line: A legendary IP deserves a legendary game. 

Comments