Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] The Elder Scrolls Online: Stuff We Didn't Play - PVP and Social Integration

2»

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The mega server I don't like.

The other things are good features
  • WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

Not being too picky, but you need to have someone proof your deliverables...

"We saw an Ember Mage and a Foot Soldier worth together. "  worth should be work.

But an interesting topic to be sure.  Thanks for describing what happened.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by GrumpyMel2

Sorry but color me skeptical at this point. The word from them was all "We are alot like TOR." until they saw that TOR tanked. Now it's all "We are NOT TOR." That begs the question whether that is actualy a change in design philosophy or a change in PR speak?

Though it's de-emphasized in coverage now ALOT of the game still sounds suspiciously TOR-like.

Ultimately we'll see what happens when the rubber meets the road and they get to public release. I'm reserving judgement until then, but they are going to have to prove that in reality its Elder Scrolls Online and not TOR in Elder Scrolls Dressing.... and that won't happen until it gets in the hands of someone who is NOT a member of the Press.

i hope a Zenimax Louse step up to save us .

• TithenonTithenon Member UncommonPosts: 113

Bill, is someone else doing the editing for your articles these days?  You have a LOT of redundancy, unused words, etc., that frankly make the last two articles I've read from you very distracting to glean points from.  If someone else is doing your editing, now, or if no one is doing your editing, you need to get someone back in the saddle for that.  Thanks.

It's really tough to be excited about something if you have to go back and read sentences two or three times to get beyond the words in the description.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 256

"No announcement to make for monetization just yet. Exploring options."

Needs to be b2p like GW imo. That works well and fair for all parties involved it seems.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by Dakirn

How is the conduit system different than the field synergy system in GW2?

It sounds exactly the same.. an elementlist throws down an ice field and people use attacks to take advantage of it.

Are the conduit attacks simply a single extra attack?

I mean no offense, but you make this sound like it's a revolutionary idea..

I'm a bit worried about their economy based on crafting too, after what happened with GW2 :/

How it's different is that one can just activate a combo as in a pod cast they guy describing it said you had to hit the "X" key and a combo was done if I recall right... well combo might be a poor word but it decimated the mobs.  In GW2 one had to lay down a combo field then one had to do an ability to do a finisher.  Personally I think it's a bad system as one had to time their abilities with others and the effects weren't spetacular either.  My impression is the tactical synergy will be much easier in ESO and maybe a lot more variety which GW2 was somewhat limited I felt.