Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most cherished item from any MMO you've played.

For me, I would have to say that the staff from World of Warcraft, Benediction, was my most prized, virtual possession:

Hi! Please use this staff to more easily target me for your PvP pleasure.

Not only was it (arguably) the coolest looking staff in the game, it had a glowing trail of slowly fading green, phosphorous dots that followed it as you walked, ran or galloped across Azeroth. But, beyond that, there was a ton of lore and work that lead up to acquiring the staff. First, you had to obtain an Eye of Shadow, an epic drop with a cryptic message about its purpose, by farming DreadLords in the Blasted Lands (or the Dreadlord himself, Lord Kazzak), or by going to Winterspring and farming Slayers. Then you had to equip the eye of shadow, pilfered via a paltry 50% drop chance from Majordomo in Molten Core, in order to find the ghost of a priest who failed to heal the denizens of Stratholme as it was being purged by Arthas. You must succeed where she failed, and if you are successful: the branch that will complete the construction of Benediction is your reward.

As a runner-up, my second favorite staff was found in Karazhan after the introduction of The Burning Crusade expansion, called "The Staff of Infinite Mysteries:"

Enjoying that glow trail? We'll fix that!

I acquired this staff shortly after the opening of The Burning Crusades, and while this staff's lore isn't nearly as interesting (IMO), there is a bit of trivia that many devotees of Karazhan, or enthusiasts of this particular stave, may remember. This staff, like Benediction, produced a wild looking glow trail when equipped, while the player was walking, running or riding a mount. (Almost like a black-light, LSD trail.) This effect was subsequently nerfed about a month or two after the expansion released, with no explanation. Doing so truly ruined the aesthetics of the staff, for me.

What are some items from your favorite MMOs that you have really cherised?

Edit: Please post pictures if you can find them.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I know it wasn't high level or anything... but my Jboots.

My cleric's clicky was also right up there.

• PittyHPittyH Member Posts: 116

Sedition sword of the bloodmoon from eq2.

Quest was epic

my web design: www.advancedws.com.au

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

The Mercurial Kris in FF11 

Was a pain to get but felt so much more rewarding to finally get it.

Lu Shangs would be a close runner up 

• fuzzylogic11fuzzylogic11 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Swiftwind and Earthcaller Epic Ranger weapons from EQ1. I messed up the quest to get them like three times, damn fast dwarf.
  • tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by Kakkzooka

For me, I would have to say that the staff from World of Warcraft, Benediction, was my most prized, virtual possession:

Hi! Please use this staff to more easily target me for your PvP pleasure.

Not only was it (arguably) the coolest looking staff in the game, it had a glowing trail of slowly fading green, phosphorous dots that followed it as you walked, ran or galloped across Azeroth. But, beyond that, there was a ton of lore and work that lead up to acquiring the staff. First, you had to obtain an Eye of Shadow, an epic drop with a cryptic message about its purpose, by farming DreadLords in the Blasted Lands (or the Dreadlord himself, Lord Kazzak), or by going to Winterspring and farming Slayers. Then you had to equip the eye of shadow in order to find the ghost of a priest who failed to heal the denizens of Stratholme as it was being purged by Arthas. You must succeed where she failed, and if you are successful: the branch that will complete the construction of Benediction is your reward.

As a runner-up, my second favorite staff was found in Karazhan after the introduction of The Burning Crusade expansion, called "The Staff of Infinite Mysteries:"

Enjoying that glow trail? We'll fix that!

I acquired this staff shortly after the opening of The Burning Crusades, and while this staff's lore isn't nearly as interesting (IMO), there is a bit of trivia that many devotees of Karazhan, or enthusiasts of this particular stave, may remember. This staff, like Benediction, produced a wild looking glow trail when equipped, while the player was walking, running or riding a mount. (Almost like a black-light, LSD trail.) This effect was subsequently nerfed about a month or two after the expansion released, with no explanation. Doing so truly ruined the aesthetics of the staff, for me.

What are some items from your favorite MMOs that you have really cherised?

Edit: Please post pictures if you can find them.

My first pet from eq2.   When it died, I actually felt bad...    :)

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    When I got my first  mythical weapon "Dream Scorcher"  in EQ2. it was quire a thrill image

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

For me it was these ..

These are my Beastlord Epic weapons Claws Of The Savage Spirit .

They took an epic journey to aquire and they also looked mean as hell, especially with my Val Shar's armour dyed all black.

This is what it took to aquire them.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1611

Tells you something about how  that epic game when most in this thread are talking about epic weapons out of EQ

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    My Varactyl from swg. 
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I saw the thread title and immediately thought about my Benediction/Anathema. Funny seeing the OP having the same xD So I had to post.

Oh the memories attached to it...sniff. On my first character ever in my first "real" MMO.

I also got lots of help and sunk plenty of time into getting the Tier 0.5 set, which I was wearing at the time I took this screenshot. So for me, this/these are my most cherished items from any MMO I've played. Because of the memories/people attached to them.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

My first glowing sword that I bought in Darkness Falls in DAOC.  Even though the stats weren't great I loved the look and actually wore it out with use (we had durability in that game).

I got better swords with the release of TOA and other expansions, but none did I enjoy as much as that first glowy sword.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    my beloved Mandalorian armor for my Commando in SWG
    fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

1) Fiery Defender

2) Spear of Fate

3) Benediction

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

My composite bow in Asheron's Call. I had to actively hunt for specific creatures to get the parts and then there was a skill check involved in creation that included breakage and loss of parts if crafting failed. Aside from the rather epic adventure of collecting the various parts from around the game world, the bow looked great and had really good stats, making it a great bow for my character for years.

Edit: Second would be my Bandit Hilt Dagger.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by defector1968
    my beloved Mandalorian armor for my Commando in SWG

^ :)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    My griffin from Mabinogi.  I waited five years for it's release.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Server first headmaster's charge in WoW.

And my Ranger 1.0 Epics in EQ.

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    i would have to say  my "JoyToy" sword from ffxi.  it was  good sword for my pld but the way we had to go about doing it was epic, and something i wont forget easily
  • kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142

Swiftwind and Earthcaller for sure on my good old Everquest Ranger as well. Got them both without multiquesting so yeah it was a hell of a lot of work hehe. Still miss the good old days of oldschool EQ (preLuclin) when things weren't handed to you on a silver platter like so many games today.

Followed closely by Arcanite Ripper in WoW. Was lucky enough to get one of these during the pre-WotLK launch event on my Hunter. Sadly it was on my NE Hunter on the server I only messed around with Alliance on when family that played there needed help, and not on my Horde. Best item ever added to the game and not very common at all as it was only obtainable for a few weeks with only one chance at it each week hehe.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

Thekal's Grasp

Arlokk's Grasp

From Zul Gurub in WoW Vanilla.  When using them you had a slight chance of turning into a giant cat.

Check it out here.  I LOVED having those.

• muskeydogbomuskeydogbo Member UncommonPosts: 14
    The skull of guldan ..blew 2 1/2 months of dkp on tht bad boy 5 nights a week raiding first time illidan drop for our guild .....melted faces in pvp with it for a while...so op.
  • CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    Probably my rogue 1.0 from Everquest, and my 1.5 and 2.0 later on.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Warglaive of Azzinoth.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• NhyxNhyx Member Posts: 18

My griffon in Vanguard before the raise of the level cap. It was a long and epic quest and one mob especially, Akande, took so many tries until we finally figured out how to kill it on a reliable basis. After we knew how to kill the mob we took each and every guild member through the quest. We were 4 people able to deal with it and helped the 5th ín the group to obtain the griffon as well.

So many tries, with the weirdest ideas as how to beat it. Akande spawned a dog as aid and keeping it under control proofed the hardest for the tank. And we tried the weirdest stuff to finally beat it. One class, necro, could summon meat so we even thought of summoning meat to distract the dog. This is how far fetched our ideas went because we couldn't figure out the strat for that mob...

I played a tank and couldn't help in groups where the 5th member was also a tank. Since not all of the tanks managed to obtain the griffon due to their lack of ability to keep Akande and its dog under control it made me even more proud that I was one of the few to be able to tank it.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    My favorite were the two claws from ZG in WOW that would proc to turn you into a tiger-man.
  • PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Hard to narrow it down to one. I guess the original circlet of shadow from eq .. the one that was instant cast. But then there was the yalmaha from anarhy online... such a huge upgrade to running.