Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Kickstarter mmo Hailan Rising DAOC successor?

DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reloadedprod/hailan-rising?ref=live

This mmo looks really good. Focusing on pvp territory control and action combat with no levels and classes. It looks pretty far in to development if the video is correct. Tell me what you guys think.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

Comments

• CaliMaestroCaliMaestro Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by DSWBeef

This mmo looks really good. Focusing on pvp territory control and action combat with no levels and classes. It looks pretty far in to development if the video is correct. Tell me what you guys think.

DSWBeef - I am so glad to hear that you are excited over Hailan Rising!

This is actually Adam 'CaliMaestro' Smith from the Kickstarter video. I was doing an early check on any discussion that might be taking place over the Kickstarter page - and saw your post here!

Our team operates on a very grass roots level, and we are going to make every attempt to communicate with anyone that may be interested in our game. 

Thanks again!

-CaliMaestro

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by CaliMaestro

DSWBeef - I am so glad to hear that you are excited over Hailan Rising!

This is actually Adam 'CaliMaestro' Smith from the Kickstarter video. I was doing an early check on any discussion that might be taking place over the Kickstarter page - and saw your post here!

Our team operates on a very grass roots level, and we are going to make every attempt to communicate with anyone that may be interested in our game. 

Thanks again!

-CaliMaestro

Wow wouldnt expect this to happen. Keep it up you guys are doing awesome! Hope my uneployment ends soon so i can support you!

Wow wouldnt expect this to happen. Keep it up you guys are doing awesome! Hope my uneployment ends soon so i can support you!

Ah man I HATE to hear that you are going through that! 

No worries, we just appreciate the moral support! If you can just mention us to your friends, you have no idea what a huge help you would be =)

Thanks so much for the support!

-CaliMaestro

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Good find. Hadn't heard about this title yet. Looks good to me so far. Just dumped my last Kickstarter funds for now into Project Eternity. But 29 days to go, will definitely be throwing a little bit of cash towards this project before the Kickstarter expires.

Curious to see how it turns out, for sure. The whole having no levels system I am a big fan of. But I was surprised by how many people reached 80 on Guild Wars 2 and complained about no progression. A lot of games that try to eliminate that current system that is so the norm in MMOs are going to continue getting resistance from a playerbase who are so hesitant to changes regarding progression and motivation to continue playing.

Oh well, looking forward to seeing where this goes.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    I am actually considering supporting this one, good find. 
  • gameshogungameshogun Member UncommonPosts: 105

Yep, good find. Thanks for sharing ^_^

Looking forward to it!

Originally posted by jcsesecuneta

Yep, good find. Thanks for sharing ^_^

Looking forward to it!

Originally posted by madazz
    I am actually considering supporting this one, good find. 

Originally posted by Synthetick

Good find. Hadn't heard about this title yet. Looks good to me so far. Just dumped my last Kickstarter funds for now into Project Eternity. But 29 days to go, will definitely be throwing a little bit of cash towards this project before the Kickstarter expires.

Curious to see how it turns out, for sure. The whole having no levels system I am a big fan of. But I was surprised by how many people reached 80 on Guild Wars 2 and complained about no progression. A lot of games that try to eliminate that current system that is so the norm in MMOs are going to continue getting resistance from a playerbase who are so hesitant to changes regarding progression and motivation to continue playing.

Oh well, looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Thanks guys! We are looking forward to seeing you in the game! And hey, Project Eternity is certainly worth supporting as well. Several of of the people I work with have supported and are waiting on that one. 

If you could, please help us spread the word about Hailan Rising!

-CaliMaestro

No worries, we just appreciate the moral support! If you can just mention us to your friends, you have no idea what a huge help you would be =)

-CaliMaestro

Yep i already told all my friends and guildies about it. I love any type of territorial or siege warfare! So you already got my purchase when im able!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Some seasoned veterans on this project! Sign me up :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

"Instead of using traditional financial backers or simply borrowing money from banks (those volatile sources noted above),"

AKA we don't want to take the risk, well let potential players take that instead

Originally posted by strangiato2112

"Instead of using traditional financial backers or simply borrowing money from banks (those volatile sources noted above),"

AKA we don't want to take the risk, well let potential players take that instead

With how many people want DAOC type game its a sound plan.

-CaliMaestro

Yep i already told all my friends and guildies about it. I love any type of territorial or siege warfare! So you already got my purchase when im able!

Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Some seasoned veterans on this project! Sign me up :)

@DSWBeef - Thanks so much, you have no idea how much we appreciate it!

@Loktofeit We REALLY look forward to seeing you be a part of our community! We are indeed extremely fortunate to have such a seasoned team. That is one of the reasons we began developing the game in the fashion that we did - we are all not only long time members of the industry, but long time PLAYERS of MMORPGs. This really is the game we've all wanted to make for a long long time, and we're really thankful that our company let us develop the game in a different fashion than what has become the cookie cutter standard for almost all MMORPGs.

By the way guys, please feel free to come join our community and forums at:

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/forum/664-game-discussion/

We've had the core of our community following our development process for a couple years, and they are extremely friendly. Please feel free to stop by and say hello!

Originally posted by Robokapp

I'll follow you guys, because i think one day kickstarters will be a viable solution to a forever increasing problem.

best of luck.

Thanks! By the way... I love the Commodus "BanHammer"!

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

Perhaps do a favor for the APB players? Some players are assuming that funding from APB's Armas has been taken and applied to your game. I am guessing it isn't true, you saying it isn't would likely make things better for the APB forums. Not to mention for the devs of APB that are considering Kickstarter for APB. [linky]

Either way, I am looking forward to your game. It sure does sound impressive and sounds even more so.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

There are no Experience points... Huh?! There are Etherea Shards!

People say sex is driving the human kind but I am no longer sure about that...

Word is spreading! Hope you make your goal! 

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Wow, you guys got some real vets on the team. I was at a keynote speech by Jess Mulligan at Turbine Nation 2004. She's not only an entertaining speaker (very open about her lifestyle choices too), but also has the chops to really help out a project of this nature. I'm gonna have to toss some cash at this.
  • rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035
    character advancement looks really nice.
  • OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Groovy. Though I've not played DAOC in years, it's my fav PvP MMO of all time. My dream game would be DAOC 2. So yeah, this game looks pretty neat. Hope it generates enough funds/interest.

Originally posted by MaxJac

Perhaps do a favor for the APB players? Some players are assuming that funding from APB's Armas has been taken and applied to your game. I am guessing it isn't true, you saying it isn't would likely make things better for the APB forums. Not to mention for the devs of APB that are considering Kickstarter for APB. [linky]

Either way, I am looking forward to your game. It sure does sound impressive and sounds even more so.

Word is spreading! Hope you make your goal! 

Originally posted by Kaneth
    Wow, you guys got some real vets on the team. I was at a keynote speech by Jess Mulligan at Turbine Nation 2004. She's not only an entertaining speaker (very open about her lifestyle choices too), but also has the chops to really help out a project of this nature. I'm gonna have to toss some cash at this.

@MaxJac - Armas is completely disconnected HR. I honestly have no idea how that assumption was made. Armas is an entirely different product, and doesn't affect the APB or HR game dev teams at all. At any rate, apologies for the confusion lol!

@DSWBeef - Our first day has been great! We are indeed on the way =D

@Kaneth - I'm glad you recognize some of our team mates =)  Jess is indeed AWESOME!

Speaking of Jess - we've made our first Kickstarter UPDATE! Please check it out at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reloadedprod/hailan-rising/posts/332371

Pet Dragons!

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Sorry if it was asked already.  What's the payment model for Hailan Rising?  Is it B2P or Free download?  Will it require a subscription?  Will it have a cash shop?  etc.

Seeing how its Gamersfirst i bet its F2P but i hope its b2p or sun based! A game this good doesnt need a cash shop!

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Good that someone is trying something nerw .

Does not seem like my thing after wathching video and doing a small reasearch though.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

lol! "No experience, no levels"

Goes on to discuss that mobs drops "points" which can be used to upgrade or unlock new abilities.....

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development