Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow i got a refund and it was quick!

2»

Comments

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Seriously? you bought a game that was in alpha and are complaining that it is unfinished, really?
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by Ichmen

im curious have you tried their War.Inc fps on steam?? if not i would give it a shot and see how the animations stack up.  when  i played warinc (they flagged it as a sorta mmofps beta) i found the game very ridged and rough (though that was before they added more fps view it was soly 3rd person mostly) 

seeing as most of their still shots show content from war inc in terms of graphics and npc kit, im just wondering if you dislike the graphics in their alpha title  which very well could be the final graphic pack for the game @_@

~though im kinda suprized people willingly pay to test games :/ preordering is one thing but paying to test a game is just foolish in my understanding of gaming.  id rather be paid to test instead of paying money and personal time to test :/~

No one is paying to test , they paying for a game that they like and they get in during the testing, so you still need to buy the game later, so you get in early , where is this paying for beta??? If you buy the game at release you lost out because you will pay as much as the other person who got in beta, but he/she will know more...

Where do you people come up with this people paying for beta when they are not... They are paying for a game period, this company is just letting you in way eariler than say WOW or SWTOR did... Unless your a tester.....

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567
    Originally posted by airborne1312
    Originally posted by Magnetia

Refunding an alpha product complaining that it is not finished.

Your argument is ridiculous and you should be taken out of the gaming community.

your argument is too

if you read what i put rabid boy you might not mis-quote me

i said it was unplayable..they said it was playable

go back to school

No need to mix words. If you can't start the launcher, I'd call it unplayable too. Where you and I differ is that I know what testing means. 

Your probably new to these things and that's okay, everyone is at some point, here's some info;

Game testing is the state is game is in before it's released. Normally a game follows this path

InDev (In Development) > Alpha > Beta > Gold (retail or launched)

All stages vary as to what defines each, but here's a rough turn-over.

InDev is the first steps into a game's creation. Usually contains basic art assests and placeholders while systems are developed such as movement and interaction.

Alpha can come in after basic art assests are installed and most immediate systems are developed and ready to test.

Beta comes in after alpha testing reports that the client and player-interaction has acceptable results. Beta is the time most spent during a game's development. You hear about beta's often on this site. At this time the 'flair' systems and assests are plugged in and tested for stability. If it's an online game, servers are 'stress tested' to make sure they can hold up for launch. 

Testing is a very stressful part for both players and developers. Usually alpha testing is reserved for in-house teams (developers hire/obtain people they keep close contact with to test systems). As you can tell, gamers are very critical and judgemental over an unfinished product. Allowing the end-user or customer to see a game before it's in beta can usually result in a loss of sales. While that's not proven; no one really wants to try it.

Think about this, if you paint; would you like everyone to see your drawing while it's still light sketched with a ton of markings on your paper and have them judge you about it? Some people do, they like feedback. Sometimes the feedback isn't so positive in an online environment. While that can't contribute to a 'customer' aspect, I'm sure you can imagine that part.

This is also a very small part of the reason why you see games in testing with NDA's. There's a plethora of reasons why to have an NDA, and thats a small part of it.

I hope this helps you later on down the road when you run into this situation again. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222

My issues were the animation and gfx were unacceptable to be charged for regardless of it being in alpha.

I really feel sorry for some companies these days image

• rimaxo14rimaxo14 Member Posts: 118
    Geesh people state there opinions here and theres always a crowd too bash them give it a rest lol. These forums are filled with whiny complaining mopes it's terrible haha.

EVGA FTW-3 MOBO X58
    EVGA GTX 580
    G.SKILL RIPJAW 12GB
    INTEL I7 950
    CORSAIR H70 CPU COOLER
    CORSAIR 1200W 80+GOLD

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by rimaxo14
    Geesh people state there opinions here and theres always a crowd too bash them give it a rest lol. These forums are filled with whiny complaining mopes it's terrible haha.

The best part is when someone states their opinion and six people in a row come on  to post "Well that just YOUR Opinion and isnt a fact"

-Like...No shit. Pretty much everything we talk about on a forum is our opinion- Until someone comes along to correct me. =)

• zigzagsIIzigzagsII Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Originally posted by Magnetia

Refunding an alpha product complaining that it is not finished.

Your argument is ridiculous and you should be taken out of the gaming community.

My thoughts exactly.

Its alpha...meaning pre beta. Derp

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by rimaxo14

They're also filled with ignorant children who are unwilling to do even the most minor amount of research into a product beforehand, and then love complaining when the experience is nothing like they expected.

• rimaxo14rimaxo14 Member Posts: 118

EVGA FTW-3 MOBO X58
    EVGA GTX 580
    G.SKILL RIPJAW 12GB
    INTEL I7 950
    CORSAIR H70 CPU COOLER
    CORSAIR 1200W 80+GOLD

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

They've already ruined it by selling their products that is currently in ALPHA, no game developer should never, ever consider doing it because of what will happen/already happening to this game. 95% of those who are now 'Testing' don't know the meaning of the word. And I agree these players shouldn't be allowed on MMOs period. No wonder a lot of games are failing badly these past few years due to lack of common sense of both developers and the 'testers'.

Fingers crossed they will fix this issue, last thing every one wants is another screw up of another MMO

• lynx121lynx121 Member Posts: 1
    to the people who said "letting people play in alpha is not good, and because of this the finished product will be bad", you guys heard Minecraft? image
  • ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

I wish they didn't refund you.

You knew what you're getting into when you bought the game,if not,that's entirely your fault for not having done any research.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Originally posted by biggarfoot

Was you really expecting a finished game being in Alpha state?

Why people are handing over money to companies to play a game that is not in a finished condition is beyond believe to be quite honest.

People want to calm down and stop getting over hyped about games they read through forums/media or any other source until they see the finished product, I would of thought this would be a lesson learnt from previous titles but people still fall for this type of marketting, its mind boggling.

Well of course i wasnt but i was expecting animation and gfx to be in place at least.

If it looks visually appealing and movement is good then i can live with all the other alpha bugs.

But it doesnt and my threads about this on the war z forum got deleted so i assumed this is the finished product regarding those 2 issues.

Alpha doesnt mean gfx should be second rate and blocky and animation should be on par with manic miner from the 80s.

Anyway lesson learned.

Yes it does.