Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I smell a huge rat here

13»

Comments

• chase17tnchase17tn Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    Originally posted by darkrain21
    you do know its in alpha...right?

I can't think of many games that actually change from the time they let players in, to the time it goes live, regardless of the name they give the phase (alpha, beta, closed beta, etc.).  Having said that, alpha is usually a very early build meant for the developers and maybe close friends to play, just to test basic things out, like the major gamplay mechanics and game engine stuff.  Letting players in on an Alpha is either stupid on their part, or actually a beta phase named alpha to give them more time to build the game.

Really that is funny cause the game is alpha and your lucky they let you in that early i understand from closed to open not much changeing but alpha is nowhere near a closed or open/live beta. So the fact you think nothing will change is funny to me since alpha is allmost allways way diff. from any other beta test.

made by nonny
    and
    made by Braggi

thanks both u guys

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    If someone have guest pass for 48h please mail me. Thank you
  • Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567
    Originally posted by Mackeh

Am bailing out and contacting paypal first thing tomorrow for a refund.  I smell a rat with this game and want me money back while I still can.

Hope am wrong but am 99% certain am not.

Contact paypal and the developers; multiple people have been given refunds, try official sources first, then try paypal. Good luck with future games!

Try here too http://support.xsolla.com/

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• zigzagsIIzigzagsII Member UncommonPosts: 11
    The kid didn't even reply in his own post. Smells like a troll to me.
  • LostHawkLostHawk Member UncommonPosts: 56

Indeed, if you used Paypal it's really not needed to open a dispute or such.

Just mail support at Xsolla: they refunded me in less than 24h just by saying the game was not what I expected and that I wanted to cancel my pre-order (alpha access is just a bonus).

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by KrAv3
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Are you guys honestly going to try to argue that this game ISN'T a quickly slapped together cash grab?

This game is a huge cash grab.  To the people saying, "Oh but it's in Alpha stage!!", yeah what Alpha stage lasts, what 15 days?  Then Beta starts.....no, no, no.   

They know the engine well, they have sued it in their other game war inc.. because of this they should be able to fix any major engine issues pretty fast.

They actually posted on the forums asking the community if they wanted access to alpha as part of the pre-order, of course most said yes as they wanted to help out as soon as they could..

After yesterdays patch they game is very stable and playable.. so i cant see 15 days of alpha being an issue.

The engine was utter trash in War Inc though, I have no idea why you expect them to fix the engine now when they wouldn't fix it in there previous game. Maybe they will now though with all the money they have raked in from this alpha debacle.

Also Big Rigs was utterly broken..

That was in 2003

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Zadawn
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by KrAv3
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Are you guys honestly going to try to argue that this game ISN'T a quickly slapped together cash grab?

This game is a huge cash grab.  To the people saying, "Oh but it's in Alpha stage!!", yeah what Alpha stage lasts, what 15 days?  Then Beta starts.....no, no, no.   

They know the engine well, they have sued it in their other game war inc.. because of this they should be able to fix any major engine issues pretty fast.

They actually posted on the forums asking the community if they wanted access to alpha as part of the pre-order, of course most said yes as they wanted to help out as soon as they could..

After yesterdays patch they game is very stable and playable.. so i cant see 15 days of alpha being an issue.

The engine was utter trash in War Inc though, I have no idea why you expect them to fix the engine now when they wouldn't fix it in there previous game. Maybe they will now though with all the money they have raked in from this alpha debacle.

Also Big Rigs was utterly broken..

That was in 2003

It's still on the guys record though

• MackehMackeh Member Posts: 164

Sorry for the late reply.

The reason I "Smell a rat" is because of the following:

1.  The Legal Document was lifted from LOL

2.  The devs accidentally sold 30 keys instead of 1 to some customers, their response was "we fucked up".

3.  The game terribly coded, yes it's War inc with zombie clothes on it.

4.  The devs said it's been in development for 2 years.  What a load of tripe, it's a Dayz clone and that only came out this year.

Fact is guys the devs are telling big lies, their game is in an awful mess yet it's going beta in a few weeks.  When a game goes beta it's generally got all the features, very stable and just needs bugs finding and fixing, this needs open heart surgery and a tripple bypass.

What if they rush it through Alpha, Beta and release surfing on the back of Dayz grabbing your cash then buggering off?

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

Sorry for the late reply.

The reason I "Smell a rat" is because of the following:

1.  The Legal Document was lifted from LOL

2.  The devs accidentally sold 30 keys instead of 1 to some customers, their response was "we fucked up".

3.  The game terribly coded, yes it's War inc with zombie clothes on it.

4.  The devs said it's been in development for 2 years.  What a load of tripe, it's a Dayz clone and that only came out this year.

Fact is guys the devs are telling big lies, their game is in an awful mess yet it's going beta in a few weeks.  When a game goes beta it's generally got all the features, very stable and just needs bugs finding and fixing, this needs open heart surgery and a tripple bypass.

What if they rush it through Alpha, Beta and release surfing on the back of Dayz grabbing your cash then buggering off?

I'll lose 30$ and they will lose their jobs for the rest of their lives as nobody would trust any of the dudes that worked on this ever again and nobody would hire them ever again.

• MackehMackeh Member Posts: 164

Am just concerned this will spawn a load of scammers to start pumping out terrible half baked games with huge promises and allow people to buy in to the alpha.

You see as long as they have fan boys screaming "ITS ALPHA" then they can rake in the cash, have a terrible game that plays like shite and all the fan boys will defend them with ALPHA shouts. 

Am not saying that this generation of gamers are idiots but it does seem that as I get older in life the gulf between common sense and moronic lemming behaviour is getting larger and larger.  DLC's would Never have worked with my generation, we would have thrown bricks through the devs windows and slashed their tyres if they tried that one on us.  The COD devs would have been murdered in their sleep for rehashing the same game every November...damn I laugh when I see the kids queue up for the lastest clone of COD spending £45 and then a week later another £10 for the rest of the game...priceless moronic behaviour.

So this is why devs are now very bold in their ripping off of gamers, they know a very large percentage of them are thick as two short planks and totally gullible.

It's a bloody brilliant plan tbh.

• rimaxo14rimaxo14 Member Posts: 118

Am just concerned this will spawn a load of scammers to start pumping out terrible half baked games with huge promises and allow people to buy in to the alpha.

You see as long as they have fan boys screaming "ITS ALPHA" then they can rake in the cash, have a terrible game that plays like shite and all the fan boys will defend them with ALPHA shouts. 

Am not saying that this generation of gamers are idiots but it does seem that as I get older in life the gulf between common sense and moronic lemming behaviour is getting larger and larger.  DLC's would Never have worked with my generation, we would have thrown bricks through the devs windows and slashed their tyres if they tried that one on us.  The COD devs would have been murdered in their sleep for rehashing the same game every November...damn I laugh when I see the kids queue up for the lastest clone of COD spending £45 and then a week later another £10 for the rest of the game...priceless moronic behaviour.

So this is why devs are now very bold in their ripping off of gamers, they know a very large percentage of them are thick as two short planks and totally gullible.

It's a bloody brilliant plan tbh.

ahh thank you sir, i remember growing up also buying games and when you bought the game you got the WHOLE game, now they take chunks of the game out and sell them as DLC instead of giving the whole game. This world has become so greedy and i fear it will only get worse cause people will continue too feed them!

EVGA FTW-3 MOBO X58
    EVGA GTX 580
    G.SKILL RIPJAW 12GB
    INTEL I7 950
    CORSAIR H70 CPU COOLER
    CORSAIR 1200W 80+GOLD

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

This "buying into alpha testing" stuff is really quite annoying. Imagine a pre-order. Now imagine a pre-order with alpha access. There you go.

I didn't purchase and get alpha access, then once it's completed, my game access revoked. I purchased the game and get to assist in the alpha testing, if I want to. Then I get to participate in the beta testing, if I want to. Then I get to play the launched game. Zing.

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn
    Paypal won't do it for items that are not actually shipped.  You cant say you didn't get what you paid for etc.    The only hope you have is that the company does not respond to your claim and they default to your side.

Actually, unless it changed in the past few months, its the opposite. Paypal will refund you, and the company cannot dispute the chargeback UNLESS there was a physical item shipped.

Ran into this issue on a private server I used to run. My partner lost a lot of money (nearly $50k) in chargebacks when he sold his previous server off to someone else. So with the new server, purchases of the custom PvP equipment (most expensive stuff) was also accompanied by some items shipped to the buyer so that they couldnt charge back via paypal down the road if they quit playing or whatever.

Can we say bbb?

That's entirely against standards and practices and it's damn near illegal.

Unless he directly stated you are buying this item shipped and the game item is a bonus, his method is a falsified shipping.

Basically worthless in a civil case as they purchased digital goods not the physical goods. His charge back defense is just as good as his defense for profit on private servers.

Way to go champ.

Anymore illegal enterprises you'd like to declare?