Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon Free Trials - [mod dit]

2»

Comments

• nkitznkitz Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Silok

When im talking about pve, i dont mean only player versus enemy, maibe there is a better word for what i mean, but i dont know it.

Here what i mean about lack of pve, If by example i want to be a loner hunter, i dont want to rely on a tribe to get my tools or else, and mostly i dont want to spend all my time grinding for crafting every things i need, but most of my time i want to hunt.

What missing is a settlement or a town where there is npc, where i can trade or sell my fur, leather or meat that i hunt, for tools or anything that i need. Imagine i hunt and once per week or when needed i travel like 2  hours or even more to reach the town to sell or trade my loots, after that i stop to the saloon to listen rumors and having a drink and maibe guetting some work from other players who need leather or else.

What if i can go to the npc butcher and see if he need some particular meat? Maibe some bear meats, very hard to hunt but the reward would be worth it.

This is what i mean by pve. Now the game has a lots of potential, but the main focus is the crafting, and the tribe, not the adventure itself.

Like someone said before, the world doesnt seem to have a story. I dont want i premade personal story like themeparck mmo, but i want some lore to be immerse in this world and after that make my own journey.

P.S.  I run in the wood for 3 hours and i didnt see any animals or even bird in the sky, the world seem just dead. Maibe i wasnt lucky enough but still i didnt even saw 1 of the 10k creatures you speak off.

Trading is player ran not npc ran. Who knows, maybe at some point there will be some type of merchant system that players will use like trade totems that you can do all your player driven trade with.

If you want to trade meat or bones than the above comes in to play again, this is a player driven economy not npc game driven by the developers. With trade totems which are planned and talked about maybe you can get a system where you trade between players like you mention. There are player made quests in the game now that you may try out.

Also it depends on where you look for animals to hunt. You may be in one of those areas that is populated with people and over hunted which does happen, but if that is the case you need to venture to less populated areas that other players don't hit that often. You are competing with other players for the same resources but this may not be the game for you, it's not for everyone. It is a challenge and can be very hard at times but to me that's what I find great about it.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Most people dont see the 10k creatures they always talk about, because they are stuck in trees or glitched into mounds of dirt, or fell through the world.  

Other people pointed out crafting has no use other than the look.   And they are mostly right, a few things in game give you some kind of attribute boost, most everything else is cosmetic because features arent complete yet. 

There still isnt cooking or ranged combat yet, just fishing and eating raw fish.

So much crap, so little quality.

Originally posted by Hodo

Most people dont see the 10k creatures they always talk about, because they are stuck in trees or glitched into mounds of dirt, or fell through the world.  

Other people pointed out crafting has no use other than the look.   And they are mostly right, a few things in game give you some kind of attribute boost, most everything else is cosmetic because features arent complete yet. 

There still isnt cooking or ranged combat yet, just fishing and eating raw fish.

Hood you haven't played in months. I haven't seen these glitches with animals you speak of is this a official statement of the devs or do you have some screenshots to post showing it? I have yet to find any glitched out animals stuck in trees or mounds of dirt, they seem to have no issues with these objects since collision was changed on them months ago.

Crafting update is due first of November I hear and that fixes what you mention.

Cooking is second round development so let's give them time to finish the first round.

• alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Although I love sandbox games and this one is actually not horrible, I will have to say though I am a part time programmer/artist and I could get these graphics with the TORQUE game engine and photoshop back in 1999. 

(-_-)

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by nkitz

Trading is player ran not npc ran. Who knows, maybe at some point there will be some type of merchant system that players will use like trade totems that you can do all your player driven trade with.

This is what im saying, the only good way to trade is to go to the forum, that kill immersion totally for me. You can shout in game but again, i dont like that either.

If you want to trade meat or bones than the above comes in to play again, this is a player driven economy not npc game driven by the developers. With trade totems which are planned and talked about maybe you can get a system where you trade between players like you mention. There are player made quests in the game now that you may try out.

This is exactly my point this game lack pve, player driven economy is never a good think, there is abuse and you nned a lots of players to establish a good economy, this game doesnt have so  much player. This is too easy to say the devs dont drive the game the player do, but you still need a base where player can build things around.

You talk about trade totem but this not even implent so..the player only driven things is good on paper but in reality doesnt really work well, even in the old pen and paper game you have a gm to build the basics.

Also it depends on where you look for animals to hunt. You may be in one of those areas that is populated with people and over hunted which does happen, but if that is the case you need to venture to less populated areas that other players don't hit that often. You are competing with other players for the same resources but this may not be the game for you, it's not for everyone. It is a challenge and can be very hard at times but to me that's what I find great about it.

Always this agurment.. i like challenge game and i was expressing what the game lack for me, that not the style of the game my problem. That the missing features.

This game could have been for me but not in the state it is right now. Lack of basics pve features is a game breaker for me.

Trade is fine on the main server. I don't think you will see much trade on the trial server as it's reset each week. We do a lot of trade on main though between tribes and player to player. Hunting is good as well and it's easy to find plenty of creatures, as I find them every time I go out even if they are not small or the largest, I still find tons to hunt.
    Originally posted by nkitz

Hood you haven't played in months. I haven't seen these glitches with animals you speak of is this a official statement of the devs or do you have some screenshots to post showing it? I have yet to find any glitched out animals stuck in trees or mounds of dirt, they seem to have no issues with these objects since collision was changed on them months ago.

Crafting update is due first of November I hear and that fixes what you mention.

Cooking is second round development so let's give them time to finish the first round.

nitz your right I havent played in months. 

There is a reason for that.

Last I was there, there was a deer stuck on top of a mound of dirt that I couldnt climb, and it couldnt climb down from.   It wasnt the only one I seen like that.      I remember cutting down a tree and 4 rats jumped out of the stump when I removed it.   And this wasnt that long ago, maybe June, or July.

I have talked with people who still play and I hear the samethings still.  Albeit to a much lesser degree.

Xsyon is pretty good even in its current state, but its not worth the current price tag.   Which is a shame.

• nutsoddsnutsodds Member Posts: 89

To find the exact state ofthe game lets try it again, you have the free trial now :)

I must say anima lpopulation has increased a lot, they have different danger level zones from low to extreme, revenants are easy to avoid if you don't want to face them. They fixed the animal getting stuck on dirt time ago adn balanced age, power and breeding. Player base is increasing and tribes like Raven MOon, Rainy River, Nocturne are very active and lots of homesteaders as weel so the game is alive and funny. Takea look at this for more infor about rainy tribe :) http://rainy-river-tribe.com/

• natonnnatonn Member UncommonPosts: 21

@Hodo:  The animal issue with them being stuck on mounds was... an experience :) That HAS indeed been fixed though. The fix may not be 'perfect' but it has been fixed non the less.

@Everyon else: The animal population has also increased. The current setup has animals migrating around to different danger areas. While it may not be exact at the moment it's due to the "migration". This isn't a spawn to your area type of feature. The creatures will move over time to get to where they should be. It's kind of cool although it takes time :)

So - It's a good game. It has what it has and if you like that - Come on in. If you want to wait for additional features then wait :) As it is in any game - the earlier the bird the better the worm.

Originally posted by natonn

@Hodo:  The animal issue with them being stuck on mounds was... an experience :) That HAS indeed been fixed though. The fix may not be 'perfect' but it has been fixed non the less.

@Everyon else: The animal population has also increased. The current setup has animals migrating around to different danger areas. While it may not be exact at the moment it's due to the "migration". This isn't a spawn to your area type of feature. The creatures will move over time to get to where they should be. It's kind of cool although it takes time :)

So - It's a good game. It has what it has and if you like that - Come on in. If you want to wait for additional features then wait :) As it is in any game - the earlier the bird the better the worm.

Well its good to hear that he fixed that.  Now if the price were to come down I would consider it.  But for now, not worth 15 bucks a month, 10 maybe.  And for me unfortunately I have moved on to other games, Xsyon is a good game if you like crafting.   But there is really not much else to do in the game, and that does hurt it. 

The PvP is near non-existant, and the PvE is pretty simple, fun at first but gets to be a task after a while.    Mostly because not all of the skills are in yet.    Xsyon still is on the "watch" list for me, but with Repopulation and Defiance  coming soon, I cant say what the future will hold.

• DrevarDrevar Member UncommonPosts: 177
    ... Now if the price were to come down I would consider it.  But for now, not worth 15 bucks a month, 10 maybe.  And for me unfortunately I have moved on to other games, Xsyon is a good game if you like crafting.   But there is really not much else to do in the game, and that does hurt it...

The monthly subscription price has been reduced to $9.99.  For a brand new account, the initial price is now $29.99 and includes a month of sub time. 

"If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."
    -Luke McKinney, The 7 Biggest Dick Moves in the History of Online Gaming

"In the end, SWG may have been more potential and promise than fulfilled expectation. But I'd rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."
    -Raph Koster