Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon Free Trials - [mod dit]

nkitznkitz Member Posts: 69

No credit card required.

The server does reset each week but this will give you a chance to experience the game and play. The trial server has everything the main does for the full experience.

Use the link to make an account..
https://www.xsyon.com/myaccount/signup.php

After you get your email you follow the link and download the game in the box on the bottom right kind of.

Free Trial
Play for Free on the Trial Server
1) Download and Install Xsyon
2) Patch through the Launcher
3) Select Trial Server

http://www.xsyon.com/content.php/5-xsyon-sandbox-mmorpg-apocalypse-2012-features

Comments

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    awesome!  been wanting to play this, just didnt have the dough to shell out yet.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    cool, i wait for this for ages.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

thanks, why is this in the Wurm forums?

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Just want to say, for those of you who havent looked into this game yet:

Its got the potential to be one hell of a good sandbox game, full of all the stuff you sandbox fans want including terraforming.

I played when the Prelude 1st launched, and last time I played (approx 1 month ago), the game was still lacking in several areas (such as combat), and some things are buggy, and several planned features have not been implemented yet.

However, they have also made quite a bit of progress with fixing some of these things in the time between my play sessions. These guys along with doing the free trial are also getting into a kickstarter campaign I hear (if ithasnt started quite yet), and they should begetting a decent amount of funding through it to help bring on some more devs and fix the stuff that this game needs.

If you can look past the current state of some things in the game and appreciate what is already good about it, and their plans for the future, I would definitely recommend supporting this game in some way.

ok so I downloaded and tried it for 2 days

this game is god awful.  I'm not that big into graphics, but these are horrendous, the way characters run is awful.  Some might enjoy it, I couldnt uninstall it fast enough.  and 15$ a month are you kidding?

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

this game is god awful.  I'm not that big into graphics, but these are horrendous, the way characters run is awful.  Some might enjoy it, I couldnt uninstall it fast enough.  and 15$ a month are you kidding?

This just in! Themepark gamer tries sandbox game and then trashes it on the forums.

How original...

OT: Thanks for the heads up OP, I'll be checking it out for sure.

Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

This just in! Themepark gamer tries sandbox game and then trashes it on the forums.

How original...

sorry but I am a Sandbox player, spent 6 yrs playing AC, 2 yrs playing Istaria, and sometime playing Ryzom.

• lars1134lars1134 Member Posts: 106

How original...

Haha Indeed! I have just played it for a couple of days and I am absolutely loving it! Probably will subscribe tomorrow when I feel like I am 'ready' to venture into the real world.

As a (former) Wurm, MO, DF player I can absolutely highly recommand Xsyon, it truly does give the word 'Sandbox' a new meaning.

That ok if you dont like it, i probably not buy it either for now, but huh you say your not that big into graphics but you bash only graphics... What about the games mechanics? what about the craftings?

• fonoifonoi Member UncommonPosts: 56
    So I played last night for about 4-5 hours. The graphics are actually not bad, I think they are pretty damn good for the style of game.

The crafting feels very grindy, especially when you can only hold 4 grass at a time. I feel the cooking and animal taming icons should not be in the game if they are not functional.

The good about the crafting is it really is expansive, offering many different options. The terraforming is epic.

It feels like the game relies heavily on player trading and luck with scavenging.

The gathering is epic, no grind to speak of so far.

The combat feels clunky, but that was made up for by the mini event the admins started for the new players.

Overall I had a great time, this game will go on my list of to buy's. I honestly feel its a better graphical version of wurn, sadly needs to catch up with some features.
  • lars1134lars1134 Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by fonoi
    So I played last night for about 4-5 hours. The graphics are actually not bad, I think they are pretty damn good for the style of game.

The crafting feels very grindy, especially when you can only hold 4 grass at a time. I feel the cooking and animal taming icons should not be in the game if they are not functional.

The good about the crafting is it really is expansive, offering many different options. The terraforming is epic.

It feels like the game relies heavily on player trading and luck with scavenging.

The gathering is epic, no grind to speak of so far.

The combat feels clunky, but that was made up for by the mini event the admins started for the new players.

Overall I had a great time, this game will go on my list of to buy's. I honestly feel its a better graphical version of wurn, sadly needs to catch up with some features.

I found that same event greatly entertaining :P The combat is a bit clunky but in my experience it gets better after a little while! It is in fact really deep with all the different kinds of armour etc..

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

How original...

What made you assume he was a themepark fan?

He talked solely about the GFX, and I have to agree... I don't find them to my tastes either and to me it's essential to connect with what I am seeing to enjoy a game. They don't have to be cutting edge at all (I love the art style of a ton of older games, like the Bitmap Brothers stuff of '88 and whatever) but they do need to be attractive to the eye of the user (this is an art style consideration, not a technical one).

I wish Xsyon the best though. Others will like the way it looks or will love what's on offer in the world enough to get past it, but it's not a game for me. I did buy a copy a while back though because I like to support indie titles trying to do something different.

Originally posted by Silok

That ok if you dont like it, i probably not buy it either for now, but huh you say your not that big into graphics but you bash only graphics... What about the games mechanics? what about the craftings?

I guess its ok, some people might have fun, I really wish them the best, the combat is horrendous, if thats what you want to call it, the graphics I already mentioned, and the way the character moved made me feel like it was 1995.  My biggest issue is that they want to charge 15$ a month for an alpha quality game.  I followed this before it launched and was very interested in the progression of the world, which seems to have not ever been put into place.  I thought the game was supposed to grow into a MMO with pve content as well, maybe someday, until then I'll wait for OOM

I guess its ok, some people might have fun, I really wish them the best, the combat is horrendous, if thats what you want to call it, the graphics I already mentioned, and the way the character moved made me feel like it was 1995.  My biggest issue is that they want to charge 15$ a month for an alpha quality game.  I followed this before it launched and was very interested in the progression of the world, which seems to have not ever been put into place.  I thought the game was supposed to grow into a MMO with pve content as well, maybe someday, until then I'll wait for OOM

I agree with you, there is a lots to polish, animations, graphics (tough the nature of the game can made this tricky) need a lots of work. The price can be a big issue too, maibe at 5$ a month i would have subscribe but yeah at 15$ + the box for the state the game is, i will not.

The strong point is the crafting, it's a lots of grind but can be fun in the long run. For me what missing is the combat aspect , so yeah some pve would be fun.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

How original...

sorry but I am a Sandbox player, spent 6 yrs playing AC, 2 yrs playing Istaria, and sometime playing Ryzom.

So those games you listed...

AC= Asherons Call?

Istaria

Ryzom

Are all themeparks or at best sandbox lite.

So much crap, so little quality.

• nkitznkitz Member Posts: 69

Here's some pve for you, I hope you can see the page.

http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/8403-Nocturne-Tribe-quot-Currently-Recruiting-quot?p=96119&viewfull=1#post96119

My tribe and I went out hunting and killed around 20 bears and 2 deer, so there is plenty of pve but as a new player not so much for you to kill at your level. If you make it in to the main server contact me or those I list on that topic and we'll get you some gear and weapons. We do hunts just about daily and the last hunt we did we killed 23 bears and 3 deer, along with some coyotes and raccoons.

The combat is very thorough actually it just takes you some time to understand it and get used to the way things work. Compared to other Sandbox MMO's on the market the graphics are perfectly fine for me and way better than Wurm which doesn't have much in the way of animations or lack there of on a lot of those things I find that Xsyon has already. Once Kickstarter is live I think you'll get the polish you want and it'll be much better than Wurm on just about all aspects. I played Wurm for 6 years, I was even a Sound Developer for the game and development is slow because Rolf is super secretive of his code. I've seen more patches and updates from this game in a 3 month period than I seen from Wurm in all of 2 years time.

Keep it bookmarked if you don't think it's for you and check back in a few months, I hope all you give it a try then as I'm sure a lot more will be added in the coming months. Also, the big crafting update is coming soon which is supposed to polish off the crafting system even more so than it is now. I think there is around 800+ different items you can craft in game right now which is mind blowing to say the least. Armor has several different styles per type "Bone, leather, cloth, grass" and there is several types of tools, weapons, and architecture as well. I find the terraforming a lot more in depth than Wurms and more precise in a lot of ways as it deals with smaller tiles to begin with. The seasons are fluid where as with Wurm the Devs have different packs for winter that you must download when they make them active. Water is dynamic with waterfalls and you can manipulate rivers and make it flow in a pit you dug, I would dig the pit before opening it to the river first. There is a lot to do and learn if you have the time and patience. :D

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Yeah, to me the combat was one of the weakest points in the game and what really turned me off. But I know its been somethng theyve talked a lot about improving in time as they get stuff done with other parts of the game.

Would just be nice to have an awesome sandbox like this along with great combat. Like I mentione din my other post, theyre supposed to be doing a Kickstarter campaign or something soon. Hopefully its enough to get the game up to par. If you cant, or arent willing to support it financially at this stage, it would be great to at least contribute a bit to the community and give some decent feedback on their forums and hope they take it to heart and improve it with future development.

• DekapitatorDekapitator Member UncommonPosts: 261

I only get EU server and US server in the options.

Weres's the Trial server?

Originally posted by Dekapitator

I only get EU server and US server in the options.

Weres's the Trial server?

You must log in first, you will see the trial option right after that.

Originally posted by Hodo

How original...

So those games you listed...

AC= Asherons Call?

Istaria

Ryzom

Are all themeparks or at best sandbox lite.

how are they themeparks?  Why do people keep saying this.  

AC never did a single quest to level in 6 yrs playing, did weekly events occasionally

Horizons/Istaria, open world, open crafting, can be whatever you want or everything, can build everything, every item in game is crafted.

Ryzom, again can do anything you want, craft anything, go anywhere.

you obviously dont get the difference between themepark and sandboxes

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Well the last time i played this game:

Any more than 50 people on at a time = insane lag, every day there was a new cause found and a fix for it...but still persisted.

Graphically it was average, but lacked detail.  Rubble was just textured ground not acutal rubble, didnt even look like rubble. In fact the game was suppose to occur in the ashes of a great apocolypse...however it felt like natureman survivalist tribe game.  No ruin no wreckage...without written lore you would never know an apocolypse happend, the look and feel isnt there.  Also they didnt even have bushes ect in game.

The combat im sure has been fixed but was a major downside, MO style, unfun and clunky...it HAS to be better by now though.

Also...the games a crafters paradise...so your told.  Crafting is boring, watch the bar fill style.  The craft UI wasnt modern or unique.  Recipes were learned at random.  Also nothing you made did anything.  Build a base for looks, gear up for looks.  The end result was a game where you made baskets and filled them with stuff..for the sake of making baskets to fill with stuff.  Join a tribe and its all done for you but you can add to it i guess.  Same with terraforming.  Join a tribe and no point its all done, cant terraform outside a small radius from your totem..for no reason.

No PVE mobs.  Yeah i saw a post here where someone killed 20 bears and 10 deer or whatever.  That was it, enjoy!.  Oh and killing those bears and deer would mean no more untill server up.  Mobs are walking recource nodes.  I remember people killing bears with fishing poles.

I really hope the games imporved significantly.  When i last played it was barely playable and luckily i got a refund.  Games been "launched" for like 2 years.  

Look i love sandboxes.  Developers need to stop using crap game engines, and work on getting the BASICS working and smooth before asking for money.  No more half asses engines and combat systems with great ideas on paper and in game....what it boils down to is a good idea and a cruddy game.  

Id gladly buy the game again and stick with it if these problems were resolved.  Not interested in half baked ideas with "look what i did in my basement" game engines and combat.

Originally posted by Crunchy222

Well the last time i played this game:

Any more than 50 people on at a time = insane lag, every day there was a new cause found and a fix for it...but still persisted.

Graphically it was average, but lacked detail.  Rubble was just textured ground not acutal rubble, didnt even look like rubble. In fact the game was suppose to occur in the ashes of a great apocolypse...however it felt like natureman survivalist tribe game.  No ruin no wreckage...without written lore you would never know an apocolypse happend, the look and feel isnt there.  Also they didnt even have bushes ect in game.

The combat im sure has been fixed but was a major downside, MO style, unfun and clunky...it HAS to be better by now though.

Also...the games a crafters paradise...so your told.  Crafting is boring, watch the bar fill style.  The craft UI wasnt modern or unique.  Recipes were learned at random.  Also nothing you made did anything.  Build a base for looks, gear up for looks.  The end result was a game where you made baskets and filled them with stuff..for the sake of making baskets to fill with stuff.  Join a tribe and its all done for you but you can add to it i guess.  Same with terraforming.  Join a tribe and no point its all done, cant terraform outside a small radius from your totem..for no reason.

No PVE mobs.  Yeah i saw a post here where someone killed 20 bears and 10 deer or whatever.  That was it, enjoy!.  Oh and killing those bears and deer would mean no more untill server up.  Mobs are walking recource nodes.  I remember people killing bears with fishing poles.

I really hope the games imporved significantly.  When i last played it was barely playable and luckily i got a refund.  Games been "launched" for like 2 years.  

Look i love sandboxes.  Developers need to stop using crap game engines, and work on getting the BASICS working and smooth before asking for money.  No more half asses engines and combat systems with great ideas on paper and in game....what it boils down to is a good idea and a cruddy game.  

Id gladly buy the game again and stick with it if these problems were resolved.  Not interested in half baked ideas with "look what i did in my basement" game engines and combat.

All that you mention has been fixed or updated. There was a combat fix well over a year ago and the creatures you see require a group and not a solo individual. If you tried to solo a bear with 300hp with a fishing pole, I think when you respawn you would be better off sitting at the river and just fishing for the remainder of your game time. Animations have gone through changes and there is well over 800+ items to be crafted, also the textures are different now than in beta which is to be expected. Creatures breed now and I've seen a lot of little off spring following Mom and Dad around during my hunts and it's been this way for quite some time, I do admit they have done several tweaks over the past 6 months balancing them and cutting back on the amount of mutants. Also, did I mention revenants were added and bins off tribe are full loot? Tribes decay now as well and produce those revenants so everything is a little more dangerous in the game world. There is around 10k creatures in the world, so there is plenty of pve to go around. Here are just a few off the top of my head that I can name off that are in the game: Rabbits, deer, bears, pinemartin, squirrel, coyote, marmot, dogs, cats, rats, hamsters, and raccoons, now with all these I mention on top of that there is mutant variations of most of these so that's nearly double the creature types and then you have revenants included in to that as well. Revenants are a challenge all on their own, die to them and they will loot your armor and weapons and equip it, which means you need to be careful around groups of them but you can kill them easily depending on their hp and loadout if you're equiped and have the stats/skills.

There are quite a few improvements that I think you need to experience yourself and see what has changed before you keep posting about the state of the game previously. Also, I don't see lag when large groups of people are online, that was a thing of the past and was fixed shortly after prelude.

Here is something I might suggest and that is to give the trial a go and see what all has changed. Quite a few former beta players have been coming in to the main game, so I assume they like the changes they are seeing.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    This really does have the most potential to be the best sandbox out there. My main issue with it is there is no reason to PVP. You don't have to leave the safety of your camp if you don't want to and if built on a junkpile you never really have to. besides that it has the makings of a great sandbox which provides a living breathign world.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

You don't really want to build on a junk pile, that was changed after the release of prelude. Placing a totem on a junk pile and scavenging or resource gathering on tribe or near tribe will cut your % to 0 or near 0 off tribe on getting rare items like saw blades and recipes. So this was addressed well over a year ago because of that. Also, some scavenged items are more rare in some areas than others, so you want to travel to find those items your junk pile never produces. That has been in for a while now and it does promote people to travel to find those items their junk pile that is close, does not produce.

The pvp is there, if you go looking for it, but most people are happy to just craft and do pvp when it's going on. At the moment I have a few tribes that my own will pvp but others we're trade partners or long term friends. I believe the next round of development is working on a conquest system, so that will be there for the pvp players.

When im talking about pve, i dont mean only player versus enemy, maibe there is a better word for what i mean, but i dont know it.

Here what i mean about lack of pve, If by example i want to be a loner hunter, i dont want to rely on a tribe to get my tools or else, and mostly i dont want to spend all my time grinding for crafting every things i need, but most of my time i want to hunt.

What missing is a settlement or a town where there is npc, where i can trade or sell my fur, leather or meat that i hunt, for tools or anything that i need. Imagine i hunt and once per week or when needed i travel like 2  hours or even more to reach the town to sell or trade my loots, after that i stop to the saloon to listen rumors and having a drink and maibe guetting some work from other players who need leather or else.

What if i can go to the npc butcher and see if he need some particular meat? Maibe some bear meats, very hard to hunt but the reward would be worth it.

This is what i mean by pve. Now the game has a lots of potential, but the main focus is the crafting, and the tribe, not the adventure itself.

Like someone said before, the world doesnt seem to have a story. I dont want i premade personal story like themeparck mmo, but i want some lore to be immerse in this world and after that make my own journey.

P.S.  I run in the wood for 3 hours and i didnt see any animals or even bird in the sky, the world seem just dead. Maibe i wasnt lucky enough but still i didnt even saw 1 of the 10k creatures you speak off.