Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100% guarantee this will be worth playing

2»

Comments

• TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by Topherpunch
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

I can 100% guarentee you this wont be worth playing. 

From a PvE or Casual perspective.

Everyone has the same type of stats, there is no toughness skill, or resillience, or some weird way people take less damage. So basically you will be able to kill anyone or anything just like anyone in the game, it might just take a little longer because you enjoy the game more or you are a casual player. 

DF1 has a host of skills to mitigate damage,(Rigor,Toughness, Armor proficiency,Defense.....)so are you really confused or are you referring to DF2? 

So whos never played?

Pay attention, I am talking about gear dependent skills not skills that EVERYONE HAS.

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by stux

PvE I personally do not really like.  There are some people that love it though.  I think it is a love or hate type thing.  The large monsters are pretty cool but typically not with the risk/reward from a pvp perspective.

From casualperspective with the changes they have made I don't think it should matter unless you aren't good at keeping practice at the pvp which is unique and takes practice to get and stay good.

It will go a long ways if they can lessen the monotony of sorting stuff and getting ready bags organized.

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

The launch of DF1 was abolutely epic and is by far the most amazing gaming experience I have ever had.  (I'm over 30 so have had plenty of experience)  More than likely the launch of DF2 will be a repeat.  The experience is much greater than anything you can imagine if you have only ever played themeparks or tab target games.  We are talking hundreds battling hundreds for territory in wars that last days, weeks and months.  We are talking spies, misinformation, propaganda.  We are talking about the best gaming experience you will ever have.  

Find yourself a guild, start training and go to war for your guild you will have a great time!  Even if you consider yourself more of a crafter or pve'r you will matter.   Wars in Darkfall are "destructive" that means you will need to replace gear (everything....armor, weapons, arrows, mounts.....everything) not to mention destroyed buildings in your cities or newly taken citiies.

Skelly is right %100 guarantee for an amazing experience.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Siveria
    Open world pvp game ususally (or almost always) =garbage, all I can say, its not worth playing unless you like dealing with greifing assholes 24/7, now if all the open pvp was restricted to one zone like dark age of camelot and if they got rid of the full looting, and also made the pvp worth bothering with, maybe then the game will be worth trying, but as it currently is, I just write it off as another piece of shit open world pvp crapfest. I like pvp but I don't care for full looting, or being able to be greifed 24/7 by people I have no chance to even defend myself against, but if getting griefed all day by people 5 times your char level is fun, by all means play any open world pvp game.

The problem is that it could have the best gaming world ever, but a few aholes can totally ruin a game like DF2....I think its format alone takes away any consideration for alot of us.

• MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Open world pvp game ususally (or almost always) =garbage, all I can say, its not worth playing unless you like dealing with greifing assholes 24/7, now if all the open pvp was restricted to one zone like dark age of camelot and if they got rid of the full looting, and also made the pvp worth bothering with, maybe then the game will be worth trying, but as it currently is, I just write it off as another piece of shit open world pvp crapfest. I like pvp but I don't care for full looting, or being able to be greifed 24/7 by people I have no chance to even defend myself against, but if getting griefed all day by people 5 times your char level is fun, by all means play any open world pvp game.

The problem is that it could have the best gaming world ever, but a few aholes can totally ruin a game like DF2....I think its format alone takes away any consideration for alot of us.

This is false. The world of Darkfall provides you the opportunity to relocate away from these aholes by either joinging a clan and moving to their city, hamlet, or several chaos cities outside. Or kill them.

DF gives you the opportunity not to be beat by levels, and outskill someone.

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Looks like too many people are assuming that UW plays like DF 1. Such a sad mistake, but I cant wait to check out the new systems and roles.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Everyone has the same type of stats, there is no toughness skill, or resillience, or some weird way people take less damage. So basically you will be able to kill anyone or anything just like anyone in the game, it might just take a little longer because you enjoy the game more or you are a casual player. 

DF1 has a host of skills to mitigate damage,(Rigor,Toughness, Armor proficiency,Defense.....)so are you really confused or are you referring to DF2? 

So whos never played?

Pay attention, I am talking about gear dependent skills not skills that EVERYONE HAS.

"there is no toughness skill, or resillience, or some weird way people take less damage. "

Theres no mention of gear in your post and wtf is a gear dependant skill?

CLearly you are confusedimageimage

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    hardcore games like DF and EVE suck for me because i dont like working a second job so i can have fun. why am i getting punished for playing a video game? anyway, DF will always be a smalltime niche game. 
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

am i the only person who finds it ironic that people will actually swear that this or any game is 100% the best thing ever?? how can you make such claims when the game is not in any state to be played?  saying "oh i play df1.0" is moot thats like saying every single car on the plant is the best car ever cause i drive a ford model T...

seeing how DF and even MO have kinda floundered abit in their launch/post im kinda iffy on how this relaunch will be any better then the current df1.0, all they are really doing is upgrading the ui from what they have said, most of it is goin to be the same.

though i remember people saying the same thing with df1.0 about how its the greatest thing ever.. then abit later how much it sucked. then followed up with it sucks but it will get better... ect

• TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86

So whos never played?

"there is no toughness skill, or resillience, or some weird way people take less damage. "

Theres no mention of gear in your post and wtf is a gear dependant skill?

CLearly you are confusedimageimage

A gear dependent skill is a skill that only shows up on gear. I would have thought someone with a brain was able to understand that. Let me clarify for you. PvP gear on theme park games has gear dependent skills, because without the gear you do not have the skill, hence you depend on gear to PvP. They don't have that in Darkfall. Everyone gets skills no matter PvP or PvE, the skills are the same. So if you PvE your entire career, not sure how it would be possible maybe you run from PKers, you would still have the same skills as the people PvPing. There is no gear dependent  skills that make the other players stronger then you. 

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

Hey skellyninja if the game isn't worth playing to me can you paypal me the cost of the game?  Since, you know, you've put a guarantee on it.

tia

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by umie214
    hardcore games like DF and EVE suck for me because i dont like working a second job so i can have fun. why am i getting punished for playing a video game? anyway, DF will always be a smalltime niche game. 

The industry should create a new payment model for these types of games: PM2P

Pay me to play.

If it's going to be a second job, I damn well better get a salary.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Open world pvp game ususally (or almost always) =garbage, all I can say, its not worth playing unless you like dealing with greifing assholes 24/7

You clearly haven't played any real open world PvP games then like UO or Eve or Darkfall. You're probably talking about the FFA PVP servers that themepark devs shoe horn onto their PvE games?

It's pretty difficult to get "griefed" in darkfall in general, especially not as a new player when you're in lawful lands surrounded by other players and guard posts.

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598
    Strange how the OP 100% guarantees this game after admitting he was never too thrilled with the original.  Misery has company, is it possible he doesn't want to suffer alone?
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Darkfall is a game you can play casually. I did it for 2 years.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

The grind is going to be reduced quite a bit in DF:UW. It won't be a 2nd job like before.

• MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698
    Originally posted by grimgryphon

The industry should create a new payment model for these types of games: PM2P

Pay me to play.

If it's going to be a second job, I damn well better get a salary.

No where near a second job, dude. They are eliminating the grind like they already did in the original. It takes about four weeks to make a character that can do anything you need in PvP. In Darkfall Unholy Wars, they are cutting it down a lot via the specialization method.

You can have one specialization at a time active.

Leveling through the skills in this specialization will not be a long grind, but it will probably take over a week or two (whatever).

That way vets and new players are on equal playing field given a short amount of time.

You can level more than one spec, however you can only have one active, and you'll need to return to a city to have it switched (no combat role switching).

Keep in mind while you're "grinding" that first spec out, you're still playing the game. You're building your bank, collecting mounts, meeting friends, crafting, building a city, exploring, running through dungeons with friends, raiding cities and PvPing across spawn points...

It's not a job dude. At DF launch it took a lot of time. Now it is much different, and they explicitly said they will not have a grind like that of the original launch in Darkfall UW if you read the Community Q&A and interviews/video Tasos did.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

From my limited time there plenty of people seem to play eve casually aswell.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Whacko

However this is not UO.......

I played UO from 98-04 and loved the game. Still parts of Darkfall gave me a bigger chill than anyting I ever experienced in UO.

The feeling I got when I rode into war with hundreds of allies. Sieges so large 40 players of our clan had to defend one section of a citywall non stop for hours, while the rest of the alliance was defending other parts of the city. Seabattles with 60 players on one ship fighting against several other ships. Darkfalls biggest force was the magnitude of the wars that happen in the first months. When we didn`t had the large sieges, we did small skirmishes with 20-30 players.

If AV let players become pvp viable faster this time, I think we`ll have some really fun first months again. All the major clans are preparing for a second go, so this is something no pvpers should miss. Even if you never have tried a full-loot mmo before you should try it. The RL feeling you get from games like this can not be found in any of the normal mmos. I play GW2 while I wait for DFUW, and GW2 is a nice and cute game. I never get angy or happy in GW2, it`s relaxing...kinda like painting flowers.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Karahandras
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

From my limited time there plenty of people seem to play eve casually aswell.

I played both DF and EVE for years casually. I had a blast in both games, and never felt like I couldn't compete or that I was working some bizarre gaming job. Some folks seem to get overwhelmed in these types games and just see a long endless road ahead. Glad I'm not this type of person, or man, would I have missed out on some amazing experiences that you just can't find in other sub genres.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Delete please. 

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb