Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ITZ TIME TO GET EXCITED FOR F2P!!!!!!!

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    No thanks, waiting for Neverwinter for my Free To Play fix.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    I'm not excited.

^

This.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

I just checked.  I subbed for 3-months day 1, didn't re-sub.  I have 450 Cartel coins.   Says if I sub now I get an additional 450 which would double what I have.  No information on the value of cartel coins versus what you can buy with it.

Anyone know when it goes F2P?

In terms of the F2P debate, I support microtransactions over a constant price every month.  For a gamer like me who has limited time to play its more difficult to justify a monthly cost, than it is to justify a microtransaction purchase.  The key for me is going to be the quality of the title.  GW2 has shown you can have a quality F2P game.  Just like MMOs, F2P as a concept is evolving beyond the "old" model which was shady and bait-n-switch.   Dont believe in P2W unless the cash shop is unbalanced and sells something that gives a clear and specific advantage.  XP boosts is not an advantage.  I dont care if you get farther than me faster.  I like taking my time anyway.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    i feel i should point out though that i am excited for the F2P conversion since the thing i found the most interesting was the storyline part of the game and that i will have full access to. Endgame wise i am not sure i have the energy to get invested in a good guild and gear upp and stuff... I will most likley just run a few alt's up and enjoy different aspects of the story.

This have been a good conversation

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

Anyone know when it goes F2P?

November. No exact date.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Ok nevermind my earlier post.. i am not confused any longer as it only took some basic reading skills to find my answer.

from thr SWTOR webpage

"You will receive Complimentary Cartel Coins for all your previous and current subscription months. There are additional grants for the purchase of a Collector’s Edition or a Digital Deluxe Edition, as well as a one-time reward at the launch of the Free-to-Play option. You’ll only receive your Complimentary Cartel Coins if you’re active and subscribed when we go live with the new Free-to-Play option."

So yes... you need to be bleeding bummonkey subscribed to get your purse... Most likley the worst F2P conversion everindeed. Most other games at least gave me a perk for having bought the bleeding box at one point or the other...

I am sad that there really are to few people still playing to get up in arms about this... Is this is something i'd like to see change.

This have been a good conversation

Originally posted by tawess

Ok nevermind my earlier post.. i am not confused any longer as it only took some basic reading skills to find my answer.

from thr SWTOR webpage

"You will receive Complimentary Cartel Coins for all your previous and current subscription months. There are additional grants for the purchase of a Collector’s Edition or a Digital Deluxe Edition, as well as a one-time reward at the launch of the Free-to-Play option. You’ll only receive your Complimentary Cartel Coins if you’re active and subscribed when we go live with the new Free-to-Play option."

So yes... you need to be bleeding bummonkey subscribed to get your purse... Most likley the worst F2P conversion everindeed. Most other games at least gave me a perk for having bought the bleeding box at one point or the other...

I am sad that there really are to few people still playing to get up in arms about this... Is this is something i'd like to see change.

"1 OFFER VALID FOR ACTIVE OR FORMER PAYING SUBSCRIBERS OF STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) AS OF JULY 31, 2012 AT 11:59PM CDT / JULY 31, 2012 AT 4:59AM GMT. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER ACCOUNT. AWARD OF CARTEL COINS SUBJECT TO DIGITAL SERVICES AGREEMENT AND APPLIED IN-GAME TO USER ACCOUNT."

To get the free coins for each month you subscribed before the F2P launch you don't need to be an active sub when the transition comes. For the extra coins you get for buying the CE or DDE then yea, you need to sub up.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by Draron

from thr SWTOR webpage

"1 OFFER VALID FOR ACTIVE OR FORMER PAYING SUBSCRIBERS OF STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) AS OF JULY 31, 2012 AT 11:59PM CDT / JULY 31, 2012 AT 4:59AM GMT. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER ACCOUNT. AWARD OF CARTEL COINS SUBJECT TO DIGITAL SERVICES AGREEMENT AND APPLIED IN-GAME TO USER ACCOUNT."

To get the free coins for each month you subscribed before the F2P launch you don't need to be an active sub when the transition comes. For the extra coins you get for buying the CE or DDE then yea, you need to sub up.

YOu are wrong!!!  I went to swtor and they have a place to check your cartell coins. It says that you have to sub before they go free to play in order to get your previous coins. So the faq you are pointing at is wrong wrong wrong.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

i dont even think i will play it even when it goes F2P ..its just simply not that great of a game..i own it..iv played it..it plays too much as a single player game so now its collecting dust with all my other old single player games..but hey i got a month 1/2 game play out of it..im sure they will have a load of cash shops to counter the sub fee that they will be missing out on..imo i think its gonna go more F2P that ends up P2W in the long run...theres only very few titles out there that do F2P right..only time will tell i guess

Originally posted by erictlewis
    Originally posted by Draron

from thr SWTOR webpage

YOu are wrong!!!  I went to swtor and they have a place to check your cartell coins. It says that you have to sub before they go free to play in order to get your previous coins. So the faq you are pointing at is wrong wrong wrong.

Hmm...looks like the FAQ is wrong after all. Found this: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6785

Why do I have to have active game time to claim my earned Cartel Coins?

The Cartel Coins that are currently visible in your Cartel Coin Ledger are a reward for being a loyal subscriber to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. As such, the rewards will only be given to players who are subscribed when the Free-to-Play option becomes available. Please note that as long as your account still has active game time when the Free-to-Play option becomes available, we will consider you a subscriber and you will receive your reward accordingly.

That's really dissapointing =/ Bioware needs to stop with there typo's that gets there message messed up. They got the FAQ and other parts of there site saying different things.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by Xerith
    1600 if I was to subscribe. So the only way to get the coins is to resub before it goes F2P, or am I missing something?

That's correct.  You must be subbed the day it goes live or get nothing.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    I have said it before... they would have to pay me to play that game.  There was really nothing in that game that made me think... this game has something different from WoW.  SWTOR was a worse version of WoW... which coming from somebody who hates WoW is not saying much.  At least with other WoW clones I could say hey I like this games combat system, or I like this games pvp or whatever... but I could say absolutely nothing positive about SWTOR.

• Prod1702Prod1702 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    It tells me i have I have 2250 coins at the F2P launch. I also bought the CE and a lifetime to the game. I will most likely go back and play some when it goes F2P to see what i can use the coins for, but i do not think I will put alot of time into the game. I am sure i will also have more at the F2P launch as well since you gain 250 coins at launch if you are a sub as well as each month before. 
  • Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Not gonna come back for free, paid 60 for the box, and 30 after my free month. The world was lifeless. Lucas should demand a name change to star battles or space wars, and let a small studio take over the star wars ip. The ip name is worth millions alone, but this game does justice to nothing in the star wars universe. Lifeless space battles, small planets... Disgusting.

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Woooooot! I might give it a try again.....I only played the beta :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

Not true.

If you light it on fire it's great entertainment.

Brilliant! Now the air smells like crap... >_<

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    EA can stick their games where the sun doesn't shine!
  • HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Random_mage
    Not gonna come back for free, paid 60 for the box, and 30 after my free month. The world was lifeless. Lucas should demand a name change to star battles or space wars, and let a small studio take over the star wars ip. The ip name is worth millions alone, but this game does justice to nothing in the star wars universe. Lifeless space battles, small planets... Disgusting.

Well.... It does hold a similar quality to everything that has been released after the original triology. Aimed at really small kids and toymakers. But it has oen thing going for it, a real positive side to it. It is the one game, the one thing, that would actually improve if Jar Jar Binks appeared.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Will the game suddenly stop being a singleplayer online game with a recycled Empire Strikes back storyline?

If only it had been at leas that. That's my favorite episode as far as story goes.

imageimage
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    The needing to be subbed to get your coins is Just dumb.  That needs to change now. 
  • JobeArthurJobeArthur Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Originally posted by Enigmatus

Not true.

If you light it on fire it's great entertainment.

Brilliant! Now the air smells like crap... >_<

Bro, you're from Irvine. You should be used to that by now. lol

Says the guy in Fresno!  :P

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Harafnir
    Originally posted by Random_mage

Well.... It does hold a similar quality to everything that has been released after the original triology. Aimed at really small kids and toymakers. But it has oen thing going for it, a real positive side to it. It is the one game, the one thing, that would actually improve if Jar Jar Binks appeared.

I bet Gungan's would be a very popular race in the cash shop, especially if they came with all new voice packs.  Imagine if they were the only race that had an audible laugh, had a voiced comment for every possible emote, and in addition they could do /silly to tell random voiced jokes to everyone nearby.

Racial emote -- /clearthoughts .. shakes head rapidly, flops ears, sprays spit all over, and goes "Blibablibbabliba!"

$20 for the unlock and it is guanteed this would sell like hotcakes.  No joke.

Look at the Lil'XT pet in WoW, you know the one that wouldn't shut up, saying such catch phrases as "I guess it doesn't bend that way!" or "I think I broke it...".  Possibly the highest selling pet on Activision-Blizzards cash shop.

When Gungan's come in, only then is it time to get excited for F2P!  The sales alone would provide more $$ for real content, and not just EA's continued rehashing of old stuff.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    No, bad game is bad regardless of F2P or not. If nothing F2P makes the game worse by making it cash shop centric rather than gameplay centric.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    The SWTOR F2P option is awful, theres no reason to get excited.
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    I'm not excited.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games