Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Forge: Headed for Steam Greenlight

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,658MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Valve has announced the next round of community-chosen projects to be spotlighted in its Steam Greenlight program. Among the twenty titles announced, Forge made the prestigious cut.

Steam Greenlight is a new platform feature that enlists the community's help in selecting some of the next games to be released on Steam. Launched on August 30, Greenlight allows developers and publishers to post information and media about their game in an effort to convince Community members that their game should be released on Steam.

Like the first set, this second set of titles to launch via Greenlight will be released independently in the months ahead (as they are varying stages of completion). 

Check out the Steam Greenlight page for Forge.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius BristolPosts: 7,647Member Uncommon
    This is a MOBA?
  • MumboJumboMumboJumbo LondonPosts: 3,221Member
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    This is a MOBA?

My take on what it appears to be doing is going for PvP-Arenas but with more lean towards TF2 style of combat, hence why they call it an online-shooter style combat eg the jumping and movement around but in fantasy with classes?

They said somewhere they want the MMO PvP style of combat (eg classes) but without all the baggage of other parts of mmorpgs. So MOBA, but not to be confused with DOTA as in RTS style of click-to-move (all these acronyms are blurring in the MMO space/online-connection space).

It's definitely interesting and different direction - if the combat is solid, ie the gameplay, then might be a smart move by these devs. Good to see something different at any rate.

• VesaviusVesavius BristolPosts: 7,647Member Uncommon
    Ahh ok, I see. Thanks for the good answer :)