Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO you hate the most because of the fans

Comments

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Yeah the over zealous gw2 fans are lulz:

"If you like xyz instead of gw2 thats fine. I hope you enjoy yourself. Personally, i have evolved past that archaic style and could never revisit that trash. But you go ahead and have fun with that mmkay?"

And that is why GW2 fans are the way they are.  You say you dont like them, but you belittle them and call them names based purely on you not liking the game.

Wow! missing the point and proving his point at the same time, way to go Zylaxx a GW2 fan at thier best.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

EVE #1 followed by Wow.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

I thought WOW was bad till i came across GW2 fans. Some of the most over zealous fanatics i have seen in 10 years of gaming.

And no surprise that so many others said GW2 too...lol!! 

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

GW2, easily.

Have nothing against the game ( just another game IMO), but the way it's fans were spreading LIES about how revolutionary is, even in the face of concrete proof *of the opposite", made me dislike GW2 intensly.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

Judging strictly by community and not the game itself?

All of them.

How many of you go to a specific forum first, and then start reading/posting there?  "I think I'll read the WoW messages."

And how many arrive in a specific forum by some other method?  Cloud view, active threads, recent posts?  (ie you arrive in places with high traffic, thus generating more traffic with any reply)

I'm just curious how often the "Brand X Fans" label is being mis-applied via assumption.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by halflife25

I thought WOW was bad till i came across GW2 fans. Some of the most over zealous fanatics i have seen in 10 years of gaming.

Same could be said for the zealotry of the trolls / haters. As much as many of us like to pick on certin games like WoW, Ive never seen the pure blind hatred or raging and nitpicking over specific features that Ive seen in regards to GW2. At least when it comes to WoW, the majority of us have at one point or another played it. A LOT of complaints about GW2 come from people who have clearly never played the game and they constantly spew misinformation. Yes there are legitimate complaints, especially in regards to things like vertical progression if that is what you're after, but I usually see more foolish and ignorant trolling than legitimate complaints.

My favorite part of all though is that you can be sure that any time someone posts actual facts about game mechanics etc, not opinions on anything, it will instantly be met by "OMG youre such a fanboi blah blah blah". Its like saying "The Earth is round" and then someone else saying "OMG youre such an Earth fanboi" or "The sun is hot" then "OMG you sun fanbois always come to defend your stupid boring sun".

Anyway, as far as worst fans. Theres a few really bad ones, and yeah I agree GW2 can have some bad fans as well. But overall, i would have to stick with WoW. No matter what game it is, there is always that group of idiots.... you know the ones I mean. The game can be advertised everywhere you look as "We are the complete OPPOSITE of WoW in every way" and they will STILL buy the game and within 10 minutes of starting the game they start spamming general chat with "OMG WTF why doesnt this game play and look exactly like WoW and have every single feature that WoW has. Why does it have different art / graphics than WoW, it's so shitty. OMG WoW is the best thing ever, I hate this game but Im going to stay here and whine all day every day for several more weeks anyway".

I really cannot think of a single game I have played since WoW became succesful where that was not a very common occurence.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Originally posted by halflife25

Same could be said for the zealotry of the trolls / haters. As much as many of us like to pick on certin games like WoW, Ive never seen the pure blind hatred or raging and nitpicking over specific features that Ive seen in regards to GW2. At least when it comes to WoW, the majority of us have at one point or another played it. A LOT of complaints about GW2 come from people who have clearly never played the game and they constantly spew misinformation. Yes there are legitimate complaints, especially in regards to things like vertical progression if that is what you're after, but I usually see more foolish and ignorant trolling than legitimate complaints.

My favorite part of all though is that you can be sure that any time someone posts actual facts about game mechanics etc, not opinions on anything, it will instantly be met by "OMG youre such a fanboi blah blah blah". Its like saying "The Earth is round" and then someone else saying "OMG youre such an Earth fanboi" or "The sun is hot" then "OMG you sun fanbois always come to defend your stupid boring sun".

Anyway, as far as worst fans. Theres a few really bad ones, and yeah I agree GW2 can have some bad fans as well. But overall, i would have to stick with WoW. No matter what game it is, there is always that group of idiots.... you know the ones I mean. The game can be advertised everywhere you look as "We are the complete OPPOSITE of WoW in every way" and they will STILL buy the game and within 10 minutes of starting the game they start spamming general chat with "OMG WTF why doesnt this game play and look exactly like WoW and have every single feature that WoW has. Why does it have different art / graphics than WoW, it's so shitty. OMG WoW is the best thing ever, I hate this game but Im going to stay here and whine all day every day for several more weeks anyway".

I really cannot think of a single game I have played since WoW became succesful where that was not a very common occurence.

You really didn't have to explain it to me. Yes trolls, haters etc exist in all MMOS but we are not just talking about stating facts and honest opinions here after the release.

GW2 fans have been trolling every other gaming forums months before GW2 released. However, after release things have cool down a bit. But still people who stick to actual discussions and do not indulge in attacking people are very few. 

I say 'you reap what you sow'.

And if you think blind hatred and nitpicking is bad with GW2, you never read SWTOR forums. It was so bad that i couldn't even muster enough strength to register to these forums. I used to just read and shake my head with dis gust.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

No matter what game it is, there is always that group of idiots.... you know the ones I mean. The game can be advertised everywhere you look as "We are the complete OPPOSITE of WoW in every way" and they will STILL buy the game and within 10 minutes of starting the game they start spamming general chat with "OMG WTF why doesnt this game play and look exactly like WoW and have every single feature that WoW has. Why does it have different art / graphics than WoW, it's so shitty. OMG WoW is the best thing ever, I hate this game but Im going to stay here and whine all day every day for several more weeks anyway".

We're just coming out of the latest version of Fanboy Wars, with two pretty clearly defined Big Groups.

Anyone could see this conflict coming from a mile away, knowing a little something about both games.

Clearly, each side blames the other for 'starting it'.  Both sides pretty clearly had a generous helping of trolls fighting for the cause, gleefully happy to contribute their share to so much conflict.

What's new?  Same proceedure we get from every game release.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

And damn this trap is easy to fall into.  Even when your better judgement says 'stay out of this thread'.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The weird thing with gw2 is.

Prior to launch, yeah there was a ridiculous amount of player led hype and over the top early high expectations along with Trolling of other games (although to be fair swtor is a bad mmo, but just say its bad and move on)

This led to me avoiding beta, and only buying the game 10 or so days after launch when I saw reviews I still trust - rps / destructiod.

But the weird thing is actually IN GAME the gw2 community is really good for a modern mmo.

I still think the ex EQ / ex wow because "its now a noobs game" people ate the worst though. Been in many mmo betas and launches where these guys come on board demanding the game change into an elitist raid grinder (even games where its obviously not the goal at all like war closed beta)
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I don't hate a game because of its fans.

It'll be like hating a singer / group because you don't like the people that listen to them.

I like "Gangnam Style" and it has been listened by 400 MILLION people on Youtube alone. I'm sure there's someone in that 400 Million that I can find something I don't agree with but w/e, I like that song.

Same with MMOs, WoW has 10M subs (or 8M or w/e) but once again, w/e, I like the game.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

EvE and there Foggy Bottom folks from Goonswarm.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

guildwars 2.

really drew a line between pop culture reddit info addicts and quality gaming ingenuity. I'm so disgusted and so sad.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Yeah the over zealous gw2 fans are lulz:

"If you like xyz instead of gw2 thats fine. I hope you enjoy yourself. Personally, i have evolved past that archaic style and could never revisit that trash. But you go ahead and have fun with that mmkay?"

And that is why GW2 fans are the way they are.  You say you dont like them, but you belittle them and call them names based purely on you not liking the game.

actually, there have been quite a few GW2 fanboi's that have said something similar to this "If you like xyz instead of gw2 thats fine. I hope you enjoy yourself. Personally, i have evolved past that archaic style and could never revisit that trash. But you go ahead and have fun with that mmkay?"

Or they'll talk to you like you lost your loved one a year ago by saying..."you have to move on...things are different now...."

Hands down the award for worst fans goes to GW2.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

EVE, and everything around EVE.

Even the developers are unbearable.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Lienhart

Mine: Dark Age of Camelot

I tried playing it years back (before WoW came out). Hated it for it's inferior graphics and lack of direction.

The fans always talk about how great it's PvP was, I always found it incredibly boring. Most likely, though, because I'm heavily into true skill based PVP games (CS1.6, SC and others back then).

How 'bout you guys?

So, based on the tone of your message, the real question is "Which MMORPG and community can you denigrate while building yourself up and stroking your own ego at the same time?"

I guess my answer would be which ever MMO has the most people with attitudes like your own in them... :)

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    So, based on the tone of your message, the real question is "Which MMORPG and community can you denigrate while building yourself up and stroking your own ego at the same time?"

I guess my answer would be which ever MMO has the most people with attitudes like your own in them... :)

If that's true everyone hates on my O/C ass that works a game over til it breaks because apparently to those with less imagination, "I have no life".

Taken into account those excuse-makers for poor sports, being "that guy" who draws the ire of every whining douche whose REAL argument is "why didn't I think of that", the answer is...

Guildwars 2.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

GW2

That playerbase would tell you a steaming pile of shit smelled like roses if it was made by Arenanet.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

GW2

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by Draemos

GW2

That playerbase would tell you a steaming pile of shit smelled like roses if it was made by Arenanet.

this, times 100

An inverse to this

I'm starting to like TESO because of all the hyperbole from the anti-fans proclaiming it swtor2 without looking at any facts.
  • ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    wow
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    The people who play Online Poker annoy me the most :)   oh and though its not a MMO, I hate Candyland players grrr hate hate hate  (  lol j/k)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

WoW of course.

Back in the days, WoW fanbois have been the worst. No fault at all in their game, everything else is inferior, Blizzard invented fire, the wheel, and the internet, you play WoW or your're stupid, and so on and so forth.

Fortunately this has died years ago. And today WoW just sucks like the rest, apparently.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by Draemos

GW2

Quit posting on GW 2 forums if you don't like it. Seeing your history, your past 10 posts have been in gw2 forums. Seems you like that "shit".

Oh if we are taking out of mmos

Bloody halo fans

"its such an original universe" - no its not its a nick a bunch of ideas from a bunch of sci-fi authors and bug them all in a big messy pile

"its the greatest fps ever" - no its not, have you played for instance half life, or umpteen other superior fps. All I see with halo, repetitive near identical mobs, heavily repetitive scenery assets, needlessly restrictive controls, the introduction of the corridor / cutscene / corridor snoorefest that reached its nadir with layer cod games.

"only having a few weapeons at once makes it more realistic" also makes it more boring, your on an orbital in slave fighting aliens - bollox to realism.

The origin of the modern console style fps, which all suck compared to pc style fps.
This discussion has been closed.