Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

Since I didn't find a thread about this game either, I'll bring it to the community with open palms.

http://www.baldursgate.com/index.en.html

You heard right, Baldur's Gate -series is having an Enhanced Edition made out of it, and the release is just around the corner! November!

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will feature -everything- what BG1 with Expansion did, and much more. The devs behind this project have gained the freedom to add their own content, and they've already done this in form of three new "companions" and an all new separate adventure pack.

The game will of course come with all the bugs of the first game ironed out, and with an updated engine, and what not. Also note, multiplayer fixes & improvements! All info of the game can be found from it's forums.

Anyone else waiting for this?

We?re all dead, just say it.

Comments

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

Ah, yes!

I remember reading that article actually! But couldn't find the thread on the forums. Well, you can't possibly advertise such a jewel too much, now can you?

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Its exciting, yes.

But I'd like to see some video.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Definitely getting this, although slightly disappointed it doesn't include BG2.
  • MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248
    Originally posted by Emeraq

If I remember right, they have the permission and the plans to make an Enhanced Edition out of BG2 too? Of course there have been plenty of rumours, even many concerning a BG3, but lets not go That Far.

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Its exciting, yes.

But I'd like to see some video.

Gameplay-wise, it should play just like Baldur's Gate 2, but updated. They are sticking to the same engine and all, and there are Plenty of BG2 lets play -videos to be found on youtube.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by Emeraq

BG1 is vastly superior anyway.

I think the plan is to remake Planescape Torment after BG1 then Icewind Dale. I.e. basically going in the same order as they were released.

REALITY CHECK

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

Not sure if it's worth 20$ they should've made maybe a cross platform bundle for that much.

They have not remade the entire game in a new engine, did not add voice overs, they used the same old infinity engine and just brushed out the sprites, and added some stuff, the char sprites still look terrible, and the circles around them and what little UI elements i've seen are quite bad.

Atleast the UI will not take 2/3rds of the screen like it does with the Ogirinal and Planescape, this is my main issue with playing the originals today.

Also my major issue with the game is that the PC version will not be on GoG, or Steam and will be only on Beamdog, and require the client and launcher to download and play.

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

If it is not going to be on GOG or Steam then I will not be getting it.  The people who are doing this need to learn how to market thier work.