Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hard time getting into. Please help

13»

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    It really is a very good game now. The game has so many new features like Housing, Pet System and Fast Track Sever and an updated graphics engine. If you like quest then its got it. If you are a grinder like me then feel free to switch over to the fast track server at anytime where the mobs give 2X XP rates. Got a buddy on another server that you want to play with? No problem, you both can meet up on the fast track server and play together when ever you want. All types of pvp for people that like pvp. Totally free to play with no restrictions to anything at all. All updates are free with 3.5 Tiamat's Ruin launching Oct 10 and many more to come. The game has more content then anything out other then probaly WoW. Also I forgot it has in game Twitter.image
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by Scripture1
    Originally posted by mikeoffy
    I came from playing Tera and I feel like I am just mashing the same 3 buttons over again. That could be why I am feeling this way? I just cant put my finger on it.

I actually had more fun playing TERA then GW2. At least TERA has great combat and a large seamless world. To bad the quest were not better or I would still probaly be playing.

Can i ask what you do play?

I play Aion and Lineage 2.

Aion?? seriously?? Eew...

Tried it at launch and did not like it but afther it went free to play with 3.0 I tried it again and been playing ever since. It has come along way since release.

Played with nearly all my alts up to lv. 20 and was at least decent (ok, hour of waiting for many exploits, ... etc) then just free fall. Never in my life (50 now) with all games put together have not seen such massive gold spamming, more bots then players, .... something so disgusting that can not describe. For test have expanded chat window to cover entire screen, was filled in seconds with pure gold spamming messages. And they were doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about. Support: absolute zero,  −273.15° on the Celsius scale. I remember them also well for my MasterCard. Had to change card at the end as they have continued to charge sub despite dozen of my tries to stop them. And was not alone at that time. After that this game is completely as completely can be DEAD for me.

• lerwenlerwen Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Each time I read "better combat in Tera", I can't help chuckling... most skills that root you, only one weapon per class, oh yeah, awesome.

Well too each his own, I guess...

Each time i read "Guild Wars 2 is the best mmo", I can't help chucking

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by lerwen

Each time I read "better combat in Tera", I can't help chuckling... most skills that root you, only one weapon per class, oh yeah, awesome.

You forgot to add 'each to his own' so that you can pretend as if you actually respect his opinion.

• lerwenlerwen Member UncommonPosts: 34

This is the best game ever and it is free.

http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Spank-the-Monkey.html

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by halflife25
    Originally posted by lerwen

You forgot to add 'each to his own' so that you can pretend as if you actually respect his opinion.

I want to upvote this post so hard image 

Come ooon mmorpg.com, you're falling behind the times.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Hiya.

I came from TERA as well (max level Archer Castanic). Really didn't like the quest set up, but enjoyed the combat.

If you want recticle based combat in GW2, I highly suggest you try the Combat Mode Mod (1.1 is out): http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10s4s6/combat_mode_11/

I can't play without it and with 5000+ bots banned, no one has complained of being banned by using it. It really takes the game in a WHOLE NEW DIRECTION.

Try the mod for 1-2 days before you make a decision :)

Here's a video demo:

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by daltanious
    I came from playing Tera and I feel like I am just mashing the same 3 buttons over again. That could be why I am feeling this way? I just cant put my finger on it.

I actually had more fun playing TERA then GW2. At least TERA has great combat and a large seamless world. To bad the quest were not better or I would still probaly be playing.

Tried it at launch and did not like it but afther it went free to play with 3.0 I tried it again and been playing ever since. It has come along way since release.

Played with nearly all my alts up to lv. 20 and was at least decent (ok, hour of waiting for many exploits, ... etc) then just free fall. Never in my life (50 now) with all games put together have not seen such massive gold spamming, more bots then players, .... something so disgusting that can not describe. For test have expanded chat window to cover entire screen, was filled in seconds with pure gold spamming messages. And they were doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about. Support: absolute zero,  −273.15° on the Celsius scale. I remember them also well for my MasterCard. Had to change card at the end as they have continued to charge sub despite dozen of my tries to stop them. And was not alone at that time. After that this game is completely as completely can be DEAD for me.

There are bots all over Guild Wars 2 but people are still playing. I agree that it should not be there but I will never let something like that keep me from playing a game if I enjoy the game. I remember when people complained about bots in Lineage 2 and I always said when the bots start pking people and seiging castles let me know because if all they are doing is killing the same mobs over and over in one spot then what they are doing does not intrest me. image

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by daltanious

There are bots all over Guild Wars 2 but people are still playing. I agree that it should not be there but I will never let something like that keep me from playing a game if I enjoy the game. I remember when people complained about bots in Lineage 2 and I always said when the bots start pking people and seiging castles let me know because if all they are doing is killing the same mobs over and over in one spot then what they are doing does not intrest me. image

I remember the baby days of Aion though, when they tried to stop the botters. They would penalize people who traded gold with people that traded with botters. So for example; You get an item from someone but that person got the gold for that item from a RMT. Well now you are guilty by assiciation and therefore you could potentially get banned. I had left shortly after they implimented this but heard of freinds that got burned by people. They either took away the item or froze your account until they whole thing was over or some craziness like that.

I'm glad I didnt get hooked on this game, sounds frustrating. I ignor the spams in chat though, they dont bother me. Sometimes friends send me messages via private chat and I miss it because I never really look at chat.