Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what's it worth and my 2 cents

1235»

Comments

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by Randayn
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

ummm....you are talking about a sigil, which does the same as gear.  Im talking about skill combinations that allow others to flourish....please name me at least 5 skills that can be used in GW2 for one toon that will work together to make each skill more potent?  Didn't think so....thanks...goodbye

traits are nothing more than buffs, damage and healing...I played the damn game...why do you act as if I didnt?  they are additional buffs...they don't work together though to make each other stronger, in TSW you must have your skills do this or you can put a tag on your toe.

There are procs in the trait lines as well. So they are not just simple buffs.  If I remember my brief stint in TSW, almost every mob pull ended up the same as far as the order you fired off your skills.  If you didn't follow a certain order or didn't land certain abilities, then all of that pre-stratgey was wasted.  Thus making every encounter end up being pretty much the same as far as keystrokes go.  GW2 not only has the pre-planned strategy in the traits, runes, sigils, and skills that you equip, but a design that allows you to take advantage of various situations such as switching weapons on the fly to change your skills based off of the encounter and dodging.  In TSW if you see the mob rearing up for a big hit, all you can do is cringe waiting for the hit, or hopefully have a root or stun (actually can't remember if TSW had stuns, though I assume they do) off of cooldown that will save you from being heavily smacked.

To be honest here, not sure which game offers more as far as strategy goes.  That can depend on the player and how much they min/max.  I can see it in TSW with that crazy skill wheel, though GW2's is just as much in depth over all, if not more.  So I guess the main issue is accepting that or not.

again, the sigils are more like gear in TSW...that which I never covered....Im talking about the skills and their synergies.  GW2 has nothing like this.  procs, buffs, heals, buffs....procs....they work solo....EVERY SKILL in TSW works together.  Not sure how much more clearly to put that.  "brief"....how long was that?  Again, Kingsmouth you can use just about any skill you want and get by.  Once you get to the next zone though, all bets are off.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

In TSW if you see the mob rearing up for a big hit, all you can do is cringe waiting for the hit, or hopefully have a root or stun (actually can't remember if TSW had stuns, though I assume they do) off of cooldown that will save you from being heavily smacked.

btw, you told just a little white lie...actually a big one.

You must not have played anything but closed beta/open beta, because TSW also has active dodge (which I use during most fights) and you can have 2 weapons equiped at all times and do NOT have to switch between the two....you can use any skill on your bar that you want to at anytime.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

ummm....you are talking about a sigil, which does the same as gear.  Im talking about skill combinations that allow others to flourish....please name me at least 5 skills that can be used in GW2 for one toon that will work together to make each skill more potent?  Didn't think so....thanks...goodbye

traits are nothing more than buffs, damage and healing...I played the damn game...why do you act as if I didnt?  they are additional buffs...they don't work together though to make each other stronger, in TSW you must have your skills do this or you can put a tag on your toe.

There are procs in the trait lines as well. So they are not just simple buffs.  If I remember my brief stint in TSW, almost every mob pull ended up the same as far as the order you fired off your skills.  If you didn't follow a certain order or didn't land certain abilities, then all of that pre-stratgey was wasted.  Thus making every encounter end up being pretty much the same as far as keystrokes go.  GW2 not only has the pre-planned strategy in the traits, runes, sigils, and skills that you equip, but a design that allows you to take advantage of various situations such as switching weapons on the fly to change your skills based off of the encounter and dodging.  In TSW if you see the mob rearing up for a big hit, all you can do is cringe waiting for the hit, or hopefully have a root or stun (actually can't remember if TSW had stuns, though I assume they do) off of cooldown that will save you from being heavily smacked.

To be honest here, not sure which game offers more as far as strategy goes.  That can depend on the player and how much they min/max.  I can see it in TSW with that crazy skill wheel, though GW2's is just as much in depth over all, if not more.  So I guess the main issue is accepting that or not.

again, the sigils are more like gear in TSW...that which I never covered....Im talking about the skills and their synergies.  GW2 has nothing like this.  procs, buffs, heals, buffs....procs....they work solo....EVERY SKILL in TSW works together.  Not sure how much more clearly to put that.  "brief"....how long was that?  Again, Kingsmouth you can use just about any skill you want and get by.  Once you get to the next zone though, all bets are off.

I played up into the part to where I started doing quests for Big Foot in Blue Mountains.  By then I realized teh game wasn't for me.  I was an Illuminati using pistols and elemental.  Every single pull always ended the same.  The only time I had to change things up was in two dungeons. The hell one and the call of cthulu one.  Polaris I think?  I don't remember my level or the amount of skill points I had, but Iwas roughly halfway done with both the pistols and elemental.    However, I can tell by your reply to me that you are getting defensive and frustrated.  Like you, I played both games.  I told how far I got in TSW.  I could care less how far you got in GW2 because even though they are apples and oranges in gameplay, you are stuck thinking TSW has some really deep game play to it.  If you like it, cool however quit trying to downplay GW2 mechanics to something less than TSW's.  Again, I also played both games.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    I'm not gonna sub this month but I'm going to continue to play the hell out of it.

The irony is noticed...... and will be remembered, don't you worry about it.

Don't you worry about it at all... image

:)

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

thats not really true. on my guardian i have a skill that heals me when i cast a boon on a teammate or myself. I have another one that changes their conditions to boons (heals me again) and another one that gives my three abilities a boon to me and allies which heals me again many times. Combine all of this with a healing feild that heals me and my allies and armor that gives a regeneration buff to me and allies when i use a heal skill (which heals me again) and another skill that gives me a buff on blocks which triggers a heal again.

long story short there is plenty of strategy in a GW2 build it you look for more than dps.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Well it seems we are at an impass. You refuse to see the strategy involved in pre-fight setup and thats fine, it really takes playing the game to understand its impact. Fortunately I've played both so I can judge both and I find TSW lacking in comparison. GL and hope you continue to enjoy your game.