Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Lord of the Rings Online: A Guided Tour of Riders of Rohan

2»

Comments

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by fenistil

This game nowadays is like mixture of mall and tolkien world.

QFT. LOTRO changed from immerssive game where you explored Tolkien world into welcome to Tolkien Mall sponsored by WB/Turbine!!! Store buttons are nearly on every screen you can push them in, promotions, unlocks, premium content, P2W items(potions, scrolls, keys) and of course designing game around the cash shop(i.e. legendary items). Those slowly killed game for me. I wanted just to play it without all marketing and nickle and dime, sadly I couldn't as every new nice feature is...store only. 6th bag, premium wallets, xp lock and whatever new thing they'll add.  To think people complained so hard about RMAH in D3...

Anyways now in GW2, a B2P game(just like you have to buy expansions for LOTRO) I'm finally free from buy in store this, get in store that. I can play, immerse and explore huge, beautiful, full of hidden features world, that LOTRO stopped being long time ago(when they made it for gamers not for $).

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Still trying to figure out how PvE items is P2W.  Me thinks P2W has become a watered down term that has lost it's orginal intended meaning and there are other threads to discuss P2W.

Back on topic, can't wait.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by fenistil
    Originally posted by Jaedor

Not sure how PvMP is pay to win, seeing as how you have to be a subscriber to even play that element of LOTRO.

Are you even playing Lotro?  You don't have to be subscriber to play in Ettenmoors. Monster play is open for free players.

Lotro is not a pvp game, period.  Secondly, no free player is even going to attempt to do monster play, there are just so many unllocks.  Thirdly, if it so moves you, you can unlock all monster play just with ingame points, if you really want to waste them like that.

Hence there is nothing pay-to-win in Lotro!

• phobossionphobossion Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Just pay a sub as you would before... With those 500TP a month + deed TP + TP bonuses from x-packs you can easily buy all the store goodies you "need" and your pots as well...